Chapter 8

Killer Instinct

Chansung hadn’t slept one minute that night. All he could think about was the man who was sleeping on the other side of his closet wall. If he lied perfectly still he could almost imagine hearing Nichkhun breathing and moving around in his sleep. When he finally started to relax his thoughts drifted to what he was going to face the next day. Boss had known, he had known and he hadn’t reported him, at least not yet. A part of him could not believe it, another part of him wanted to believe it so bad it nearly made him jump out of his bed in the middle of the night and run to Boss and thank him. But he still wasn’t sure. What had started out as a plan that only he knew about had become something that could affect the three people in his life he cared the most about.

When it was time to get up it felt like it had only been 10 minutes since he first lied down. He got up in a haze and walked across the room towards the closet. The door to Nichkhun’s room was open, and he could make out the shape of the man sleeping in the bed. During the night he had kicked his blanket off and he was sleeping in his briefs; it was probably quite hot in the room. He fought the urge to go in and pull the blanket around the Thai. Never in his life had he felt so protective over someone, and to be honest it scared him. This man had made him throw away all he knew, all he had learned, literally all the rules in the book. He would be lying if he said he was 100% sure about this, he had many doubts about the road he was now on, but there was something about this case, it had crossed a line. Chansung wasn’t a cold hearted killer, he felt remorse about taking another human life, but he had to think about the greater good. Up until now he had had blind faith in The Company and what it stood for, and it was clear that it had changed over the past year.

Thoughts about what he was about to do and how to do it were spinning around his head all the way to The Company’s office. He was so lost in his thoughts he hadn’t realised he stood parked outside the office, he couldn’t remember how he got there, everything was on autopilot. It felt like just seconds after he got out of is car until he stood in front of Boss’s door, with a sudden urge to just flee right then and there. Before he knew it he had knocked on the door and Boss told him to come in.

“So, Chansung,” Boss’s looked at him with piercing eyes. Chansung seemed to have lost his tongue at that moment, sitting here in front of Wooyoung, who knew everything. All he wanted at that point was for Wooyoung to be his boss again, telling him what to do and make the decisions, but they were beyond that point. He didn’t know what to say, his thoughts were flying around in his head and he had no idea where to start.

“Did you bring your report?” Boss knew everything, and he knew this was not the place to talk about the way the Chansung’s last case had turned out. Chansung gave his report to Boss, he looked it over quickly. “Well, everything seems to be in order. Are you ready for your vacation? I got your travel information; Jeju Island is really nice this time of year, a nice choice.”

“Yes, I’ve never been there before, and since it’s my first vacation I decided to not travel too far.”

“Smart of you. Well, if there’s anything you can always call me, if your vacation gets to boring. Get out now, I don’t want to see your face until your vacation is over.” Boss took Chansung’s hand, and gave him a small smile before waving him out. That boy was stirring up things in the Company, luckily the Commander had no idea, at least not until Chansung’s ‘vacation’ was over. It was only 09:20, but he really needed a drink. As he sat down in his chair the phone started ringing.

“Hello, Commander…. Yes, Chansung was just here with his report, everything matches up with the surveillance we had Taecyeon doing…. The target is dead and Chansung is on his way to Jeju Island as we speak…. I will keep an eye on him, yes…. Goodbye.” Sighing he downed his glass. If this turned out well, it would be a miracle.

 

******************

 

Yu Kwon had been following his every move after he put the phone down, he could feel his eyes on him even now, 10 minutes later. Now and then he took out his red lollipop to give it a before he put it back in his mouth.

“My dear, Kwonnie, are you doing this to tease me and see if I really desire that of yours? Cause, believe me, you will not like the answer.”

“Heechul, you flatter yourself. It’s not your I fancy.”

“Oh, I know,” Heechul gave Yu Kwon one of his dazzling smiles. “It’s your Boss, is it not? What was his name, Min Hyuk?” Yu Kwon dropped his gaze and was suddenly very fascinated with his lollipop. “But, you have another nickname for him, what was it? Bang? Bong? It was something like that.”

“B-Bomb” Yu Kwon’s answer was barely a whisper but Heechul heard it clearly.

“Don’t be so shy, it is only natural that I’m curious about my little “brother’s” love affairs.”

“It’s not a love affair,” Yu Kwon’s face was now redder than a tomato. “You know perfectly well that a commander can’t have a relationship to the Boss he controls, or any other employee. And you know about the consequences that follow, with the whole thing you went through a couple of years ago, with Taemin. After seeing what you went through I would never do that to Min Hyuk even if my life …. “

“Stop it” Heechul had turned his back to his friend when he mentioned Taemin, not wanting to show him his teary eyes. It had been years since the whole affair, and he hadn’t been able to let it go jet. “Let’s not talk about the past.”

Yu Kwon knew better then to keep on talking about the subject, it was always a sore topic for Heechul to talk about. “Hyung, I’m sorry, I just…”

“Stop! I know were not real brothers, but our occupation gives us a connection, and over the years I have grown quite found of you. I would not like to get angry at you right now, there is too much occupying my mind. So let us just stop talking about this before I have to show you my dark side.” When he felt he had his emotions under control, he turned around and faced his friend again. “Now, I believe you were wondering about my little phone call here.”

“Yes, I was” Yu Kwon leaned back in his chair and put the lollipop back in his mouth. “It was your Boss, Wooyoung? Did he give you any good news?”

“Yes, it was him, and as for if the news are good, I don’t know yet. It seems our perfect killer has done his task and killed the Thai, at least on paper. But I’m concerned about one of your guys, Taecyeon. He’s been spending more and more time with two from my unit, our perfect killer and a little beauty named Junho. I fear he has been compromised, but I am not sure. We’ll have to keep a closer eye on him and his ‘friends’.”

Yu Kwon didn’t know what to think. They kept it pretty lose at unit 37, loser then in 13, but he always felt in control of his employees. Taecyeon was a very promising employee, if anything were to happen to their current Boss, Taecyeon was number one to take his spot. These news about him being compromised scared him, made him feel like he wasn’t in control any more.

“Do you think Min Hyuk knows about this?”

“I doubt it. Taecyeon seems to relay more on Wooyoung than Min Hyuk, and Wooyoung’s friendship with Chansung is a secret they hide poorly. I think it’s time we bring in our little bird from unit 3, don’t you agree?” Heechul gave his friend a wicked smile.

“I think she will fit perfectly for this task”

Heechul lifted his phone to his ear.

“Luna, call up to unit 3, tell Key we need to talk to him immediately, tell him it’s about the Thai and our little bird.”

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

The worst author of all times has finally updated, yeaah! To all my lovely subscribers and readers who have waited patiently for this, I prestent to you this short chapter (too short :(((( ) 

It seems my inspiration has left me, but I will try and be better and update sooner! I don't understand those who update everyday with super long chapters (plz, tell me your secret and I'll be yours forever!) 

Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderfull Christmas, and that the new year will be even better than the last! ^^ 

 

~~