Chapter 4

Killer Instinct

Nichkhun was trying hard to catch his breath and getting his heart rate down to normal. Now and again he sent his attacker piercing looks, who was on the floor laughing his off.

“Shut up! You nearly killed me, in case you didn’t notice!” Minjun looked up at him with tears in his eyes and tried to control his laughter.

“I-I-I’m sorry…. How was I supposed to know you would get a full-blown panic attack?” At the mentioning of panic attack Minjun became a laughing mess again. Nichkhun, feeling a little calmer, got up and made his way to the kitchen to get a glass of water. He brought two glasses with him, one for himself and one to throw in Minjun’s face. That stopped the laughter.

“YAH! This is a new shirt!” Minjun shot him an angry glare, Nichkhun responded by throwing the second glass of water in his face as well.

“Now we’re almost even.” He went into the livingroom and threw himself on the couch. After a couple of minutes Minjun followed.

“Khunni, I’m sorry. I thought it would be fun to surprise you…..And it was!” Nichkhun looked at him with a sour expression on his face. “Okay, maybe not for you, but admit it, you are glad to see me, aren’t you?” Minjun scratched the back of his head and gave him a dazzling smile. This made Nichkhun smile, he reached out and pulled Minjun down for a bear-hug, nearly squeezing the life out of him.

“Of course I’m glad to see you, you gorgeous idiot!” Minjun laughed and tried to get out of Nichkhun’s iron arms. He could tell that he’d been working out, a lot!

“Stop it, if anyone finds us like this they’ll think I’m gay!” At this Nichkhun let go of him and looked at him. They just sat there for a moment and looked at each other, before they both started laughing.

“Are you dumb?” Nichkhun said when he finally could catch his breath again. “Everyone who has seen your fabulous catwalking down the street knows you’re gay! You are the gayest person I’ve ever known!” Minjun only chuckled and looked at him through his tick eyelashes and gave him another one of his dazzling smiles.

“I’m the only gay you have ever known, except for yourself.”

“I’m bi, thank you, and you are the only one who has brought my gay side out.” At this Minjun lost his smile and stared at him in disbelief.

“What am I hearing? You haven’t had any fabulous gay since you were 17?!?!” Nichkhun had forgotten how it was like hanging out with Minjun, he didn’t have any friends like him. Someone who was so straight forward and never filtered his thoughts before he spoke, but never really cared if he offended or hurt anyone. He was just himself, and if anyone had a problem with that he didn’t give a damn.

“Fabulous, those are your words. First of all I don’t remember much for our little one night stand, except it hurt like hell the morning after, and that following week. And second, there’s not been anyone who has caught my eye, or forced me, like you nearly did.” He punched Minjun playfully in the side.

“Forced you? I forced you!?”

“I said nearly…”

“If I remember correctly, and you know I do, I had turned your drunk down almost 10 times on other occasions before I finally gave in.”

“Haha, you’re right.” Nichkhun looked more closely at his friend. They had been friends since their first day in first grade. Nichkhun had been little and awkward, and not that good in Korean, seeing that his family had just moved there from Thailand. Some of the other pupils had started  pushing him around, saying that him and his family didn’t belong there and they should all be killed. At that point he had actually thought they were going to kill him. But then a tall and elegant figure had walked between him and his attackers saying something about telling his daddy about what they were doing, and the other boys had walked away. That person had been Minjun, and his father was the principal of their school. They had been inseparable after that, and always had each other’s back. They had no secrets from each other, and Nichkhun was the first person Minjun told when he found out he was gay. At that time they were 14, and Minjun had been so scared that Nichkhun would leave him and refuse to talk to him, but Nichkhun had just given him a hug, and told him he loved him no matter who Minjun liked.

The person sitting next to him now had grown so much since then, both physically and mentally. He had embraced his gayness (as Minjun liked to call it) and wasn’t afraid what the world thought of him. They hadn’t seen each other in over a year, and Minjun seemed to have become more muscular and gorgeous since the last time he saw him. They had started at the police academy together, that’s where they had their little one night stand. Nichkhun had been afraid that that night would change everything between them, but luckily it hadn’t. Minjun had dropped out in the middle of their second year, saying he was going to pursue his dream about becoming a musician. He now made his own music and traveled around the world selling it to other artists. Nichkhun often told him he had a voice that was better than all of those artists combined, and that he should sing the songs himself. Minjun somewhat agreed, but that wasn’t the life he wanted. He didn’t want to sell his soul to the music companies.

“By the way, how did you get in? And, aren’t you supposed to be in Italy?”

“To answer your last question first, I was finished in Italy three weeks ago. And to answer your first question…” Minjun pulled up a key from his pocket and dangled it before Nichkhun’s face. “You gave me a spare key when I stayed here two years ago, and I just kept it.” All Nichkhun could do was laugh at his friend, he could be so sweet and innocent when he wanted, but he always just did what he wanted to do, and never really cared about the consequences. Then suddenly Nichkhun remembered something.

“What did you mean when you said I thought I could shake you off?” Minjun, who had been looking around the livingroom, now gave Nichkhun an angry glare.

“I’ve been trying to get in contact with you for months now! Calling, texting, emailing, I even sent you a freaking letter! A LETTER! Who does that in today’s society?” Nichkhun felt a bang of guilt as he looked at his friend, who was clearly upset. “And what do I get in return? Nothing! And to top it all off, I had to hear from Kyuhyun that you and Victoria broke it off! Apparently she’s staying at his place until she can find a place for herself. Kyuhyun freaking Cho! That little rat had to tell, because I couldn’t get a hold on you!”

“Well, the rat nickname is yours, you kno…”

“Oh, do shut up! I don’t look like a rat anymore, at least not so much…” Minjun took a few breaths to calm down before he continued. “That’s not the point, the point is you just stopped calling  and answering and I felt like you were just kind of shaking me off, you know, pushing me out of your life. And a life without you would , big time!” Nichkhun looked at his friend and the guilt was nearly enough to make him burst out in tears.

“Hyung, I’m sor…”

“Aish, don’t worry about it!” Minjun’s face turned from a frown to a smile. Whenever Nichkhun called him Hyung he knew he felt really guilty about something. He put his hand around Nichkhun’s shoulder and brought his face up so he could look him straight in the eyes. “Just don’t ever do it again, promise?” Nichkhun’s eyes were filled with unshed tears, he nodded and leaned in to give his friend a kiss on the lips.

“I promise!” They laughed and continued their conversation sitting in each other’s embrace, and Nichkhun felt like he had no worries in the world.

 

The kiss and embrace might be innocent enough for the two people involved, but it was another thing for the third unknown person in their party. Chansung put the camera down on his lap and tried to calm his mind. Why was he feeling like this? His breath came out in short breaths and he was pushing his fingernails into his palms so hard that his hands started to turn white. He felt angry and sad at the same time, and his mind was a mess. The picture of Nichkhun and the stranger kissing was all he could see when he closed his eyes. He had tapped the apartment a long time ago, so he had heard the whole conversation. This stranger and Nichkhun had clearly had . He couldn’t breathe, he couldn’t think, and before he knew it he had deleted all the photos of the two of them kissing and sitting in each other’s arms. If The Company found out that Nichkhun was gay, or bi, they would……they would….. they wouldn’t care.

Chansung could feel his heartbeat slowing down, and the more rational part of him gained control again.

“!” He banged his hands against the steering wheel and tried to think about what just happened, to explain it to himself. Too much work, to little sleep, not enough food. He had to deal with this man, the sooner the better or it might end up with him going totally insane. 

 

--------------------------------------------

 

Heellloooo! Soo, fooled you with tha cliffhanger, did I?? Teeheeheehee! (tihihihihi) 

Anyway, hoped you liked it, because I can't update for a week! :(   I'm going on a trip with a friend, hopefully I'll come back with a reeeally long chapter for you guys! :D (making no promises :ppp ) 

 

Thank's again for commenting, and subscribing! :D It means so much! I can't belive I have 12 subscribers!!! :DDD Thaank you <3