Day Four

Big Bang and the Island

Day Four on YaHyung Island (Tuesday)

A cloudy sky greeted the morning early that day. In cabin one, the youngest members of the guests were in deep sleep. On the other hand, in cabin three, both Youngbae and Daesung were awake and preparing for an early morning jog. Lastly, in cabin two, Jiyong was desperately trying to wake up his roommate, Seunghyun. What did the camp staff have in store for the six guests that cool windy morning?
"YAH!" Jiyong shouted as he kicked his roommate off the bed.
Seunghyun moaned, holding on to his head. He sat up on the floor and squinted at Jiyong.
"You should take a shower before breakfast," Jiyong advised.
"Oh yeah, last night I..." Seunghyun paused.
"You don't remember anything you said to me?" Jiyong asked and bit his lip, drawing attention to the bruise on his bottom lip. His hyung shook his head confusedly in response. Jiyong his lips, almost seductively, staring at his roommate on the floor. Seunghyun raised his eyebrows and watched his dongsaeng walk to the bathroom door.
"Hyung, your kisses hurt," Jiyong teasingly hinted a memory from the night before, and locked himself in the bathroom.
"What do you mean by that?" Seunghyun asked curiously, trying to remember what had happened the night before. Jiyong turned the water on in the sink, ignoring Seunghyun completely. "How can he be like this first thing in the morning?"

Meanwhile, Seungri had just been woken up by his roommate's alarm. Both of them uncomfortably rolled in their beds.
"Jongin, the alarm," Seungri mumbled in his sleep. There was no answer, and the alarm continued to ring. "Kim Jongin!" Seungri yelled and Jongin fell off his bed. Seungri got up and turned the alarm off, on the other side of Jongin's bed. He sighed at the young man who was still asleep despite having fallen onto the floor.
"Should I wake you up, or let you sleep some more?" Seungri sighed. He picked up his roommate and just as he dropped him on the bed, he noticed part of a tattoo on the man's hip. Seungri lifted Jongin's shirt to see the rest of the tattoo. "Wow..."

After stretching in the courtyard, Daesung and Youngbae were leisurely jogging side by side. When they came back from their jog, they both walked to the showering hall, next to cabin one. The sound of running water indicated that somebody was already taking a shower. Each stall had a shower curtain with different patterns on it.
"There's somebody in here," Daesung whispered.
"So? There are, like, eight showers here," Youngbae whispered back.
"It's just weird. The people in the other cabins shouldn't be awake so early. I didn't see anyone leave their cabin. Do you think it might be someone else?" Daesung asked wonderingly.
"The staff doesn't use these showers... It's probably just one of us."
"WOW, FANTASTIC BABY! DANCE, OOOOOOH OOOOOOOOOH..." a deep and loud voice sang from the occupied shower.
"Seunghyun-hyung..." Youngbae and Daesung simultaneously sighed at their recognition of the voice. Both cabin three members sang along as they took off their clothes and danced into the showers, making Seunghyun laugh.
"You guys were here?!" Seunghyun tried to speak over the sound of the water. His voice echoed in the shower hall.
"We came in just now!" Daesung replied.

At breakfast, everyone arrived on time.
"We're all here just before seven-thirty, isn't there supposed to be a prize for this?" Seungri inquired the staff.
"You're expected to be here before seven-thirty anyway," said Lion, "Shouldn't you be getting punishments for being late instead?"
"Speaking of which, why do we get punishments when we're the guests here?" Jiyong asked; the others hummed as a sign of agreement with Jiyong's statement.
"Do you think you'll be guests here forever?" Lion answered. Everybody was silent and the guests looked at Lion questioningly.
"Anyway, it's time for breakfast. Finish up so that we can prepare for the morning activities."

Following Lion's instructions, everybody gathered in the courtyard outside the dining hall after breakfast. All the staff stood behind Lion and the guests stood facing them.
"In the next few days, you will no longer be guests at our camp," said Lion. "This private Island is used for many different reasons. Every time we have people visit YaHyung Island, they stay at this camp, because it is the only functioning camp here. Most of the instructors on this island are not paid to be here. Tiger, Cheetah, Squirrel, Dolphin and Shark are here to achieve certain qualifications under the supervision of Gorilla and myself. The only people who are paid to be here are Gorilla, the cooks and myself. The five of us permanently live here, and the cooks have been here for the last three years. Gorilla and I have been here for ten years now. There's also the security team, the emergency team and the maintenance teams, but they live separately. Anyway, the staff are what we call 'residents' and you can't stay here for more than five days if you're not a resident. According to tradition, on your fifth night on this island, you have to register at the sacred YaHyung temple in order to be a resident, and then you have to bathe in the hot springs before sunset the next day to complete the ritual. I guess it sounds a little creepy, but it doesn't hurt to follow traditions and the hot springs are a must-see anyway-"
"Wait, the fifth night is tomorrow night, right?" asked Daesung.
"Yes."
"Where's the temple?" Seungri questioned.
"It's five kilometers from here and the hot springs are right next to it. The old camp is also in that area so we'll be staying there for the night, we'll tell you the details tomorrow," Lion finished off. "So, back to today's activities, Tuesdays are cleaning days so we'll start with the laundry. After that, we've planned a tree-climbing race which will determine who cleans the different buildings. And finally, we will have free time until the campfire tonight at eight. So, cabins one and two, collect the laundry bags and washing powder from each of the guest cabins. Cabin three, you guys can go and fill up the washing tubs - there's a tap at the side of the dining hall."

Eventually, the six guests sat down in a circle and began hand-washing their clothes.
"Haven't done this in a long time," Jiyong chuckled. Seunghyun pulled out a pair of boxer shorts from his laundry bag and looked at them curiously.
"'Naughty hyung'?" he read. "Yah," he called his roommate, "put your dirty clothes in your own laundry bag." He tossed the underwear onto his partner's face. Daesung looked at Seunghyun intently, and then fixed his gaze on Jiyong.
"I know what you did there," Daesung said to Jiyong in a suggestive tone. The other guest members quickly caught on to the direction of the conversation and smiled. Jiyong was momentarily confused, and then blushed upon realisation.
"Jiyong-hyung, if you want to get his attention, just get into bed with him tonight," Seungri laughed. Everyone looked at the maknae with unimpressed expressions, causing him to awkwardly slow down his laugh until he stopped. The oldest of the group noticed Jiyong blushing and gave him a reassuring smile, only making the situation worse.
"Are you okay?" he asked softly, sounding genuinely concerned about his roommate. Jiyong sneezed. When he opened his eyes, he couldn't help but stare at the lips that had kissed him the night before and for a minute, he lost himself in his own little fantasy until Seunghyun gently tapped his shoulder.
The next hour and a half was spent washing all the dirty clothes, treading on bed sheets and hanging the wet laundry up on the washing line with colourful pegs.

As they were walking into the forest for their tree climbing race, Jiyong caught Cheetah walking on his own and quickly went up to him.
"Hey," the younger man greeted the instructor. The older turned to look at him with his eyebrows raised. "Last night, when you came in..." Cheetah glanced around to check if anyone was close enough to hear their conversation.
"Yeah, your buddy had too much to drink. I know, but you best keep it from Lion."
"Thanks..."
"Don't thank me, you wouldn't be the only one in trouble if he found out the guests had raided his alcohol supply," Cheetah informed him. "And also, what happened when I came in, I'll believe it's an accident, but you two should be careful. Lion and Gorilla both have a complex, they're total homophobes."
"Thanks, thank you for warning me." Jiyong slowed down and his roommate caught up to him.
"What were you guys talking about?" Seunghyun asked.
"Huh?" Jiyong wasn't paying attention to his words, but his lips instead. "You've got a bit of toothpaste on the corner..." he pointed towards the corner of his own mouth. Seunghyun his lips. The younger man watched as the tip of his roommate's tongue slid around the corners of his mouth, moisturising those velvety soft rims - or at least it seemed that way to Jiyong, who gulped and immediately looked away.

Cheetah came forward to explain the race. "Ok, so this is how it works. When we blow the whistle, each cabin has to climb up to where their cabin's flag is. Both members have to touch the flag at the same time; when that happens, the instructor on your tree will drop your flag. The cabin whose flag touches the ground first will have to collect the fallen leaves in the campsite. Second place winners will clean the dining hall. And finally, the cabin that comes last will have to clean the showers, toilets and kitchen. Everything else will be done together, with the help of the staff. Oh, and since you guys haven't been using your animal names, Tiger suggested that anyone who uses names besides the animal names will have to go back to the bottom and start again."
After hearing the consequences, everyone suddenly became competitive. Jiyong picked up a bright pink harness and started tightening it around his waist. Seunghyun noticed the 'Barbie' logo on the back.
"You look cute in that little Barbie harness," Seunghyun laughed. Jiyong melted from the comment.
"Cute?" Jiyong repeated his words, trying to laugh with him. Fortunately, nobody was watching them, otherwise they would have been attacked by clever, mocking comments from the others.
"Can you help me out? This harness is being annoying," Seunghyun requested. Jiyong walked up to his hyung and bent over to look at where the the strap had been jammed around the thigh. He fiddled with the strap to get it to smoothly tighten, and didn't notice that his spiky elephant-tooth bracelet had been colliding with Seunghyun's crotch.
"Uh, Jiyong, your bracelet...it's tickling my bulge..." he giggled.
"Ahem, sorry," he cleared his throat and continued to fix the strap so that the other man wouldn't notice him turning red again.
"You're not ignoring me today," Seunghyun mentioned.
"I'm over it, if that's what you're talking about," Jiyong clarified as he stood up to face his roommate.
"Thanks," Seunghyun said softly. His deep voice was echoing in Jiyong's head.
"Oh, what's that?" Jiyong randomly pointed at the floor to divert his own attention. Quickly, he bent over, so fast that he slipped and fell on his roommate who fell backwards, causing Jiyong's face to land between Seunghyun's legs. It was definitely a scene that caught everyone else's eyes.
"Jiyong-hyung, Seunghyun-hyung!" Daesung yelled. Then he whispered, "You can do that in the free time after lunch." Daesung winked at them and Seunghyun quickly got up to dust the dirt off himself. Jiyong felt a rush of pain as he tried to get up and fell down again, holding on to his ankle as he sat on the floor.
"Are you okay?" Seunghyun asked out of courtesy.
"I don't think so, I think I twisted my ankle when I fell," Jiyong squeaked. Tears began to run down his cheeks.
"Does it hurt that much?" Seunghyun asked, but this time, he sounded concerned. Daesung turned to look at Jiyong and automatically got on his knees.
"HYUNG! ARE YOU OKAY?!" Daesung shouted. Jiyong suddenly became the centre of attention.
"It's just a twisted ankle so it'll probably get better if I rest, but I'm worried I might have just gone deaf."
"You can't do the tree climbing like this," Youngbae stated.
"Sorry, I made us lose this time," Jiyong apologised to Seunghyun.
"That's okay, we can help with cleaning the toilets and showers if that's what you're worried about," Seungri reassured the two. Everyone smiled.

After tying their harnesses to the safety ropes, each pair stood at the bottom of their tree and examined the other ropes that they had to climb onto. Seunghyun ended up having to climb on his own. Knots were made on the several ropes that hung from each tree to help the climbers.
"Remember, this is also about teamwork," Tiger informed the guests and then looked specifically at Seunghyun. "Being on your own can be an advantage or a disadvantage depending on how you look at it. You don't have to carry someone else's weight, yet you don't have anybody to carry yours either." Tiger blew the whistle and the cabin members began climbing.

The fastest climbers, cabin three, ended up coming last due to Youngbae's careless 'Daesung-ah!' half way up the rope. Having to start again caused them to finish last, giving cabin two's Seunghyun second place regardless of the fact that he was the slowest. Cabin three's failure also left cabin one to win first place. Seungri even did a victory dance in midair as he abseiled down to the bottom of the tree.

Everybody joined in to clean the campsite until lunch time. Scrubbing tables, floors, doors, walls and toilets took up the majority of the time. When it was time for lunch everybody collapsed onto the bench tables, occupying three tables just between the six of them. The cooks were still preparing the meals and the smell of warm food filled the dining hall, making everyone hungry.
"How could they make us scrub the toilets?" Daesung dramatically cried.
"And someone is seriously shedding hair now, you won't believe what kind of junk clogs the shower drains," Youngbae protested, sitting up straight. Seungri retched at the image Youngbae's description created in his mind. Lion, Tiger and Cheetah arrived shortly after.
"They opened up the bathhouse/spa, activity rooms and gym today if you want to use them in the free time after lunch," said Cheetah. "You have to start preparing the campfire in the evening so gather at the courtyard just before seven."
"They have a spa here?" Jongin asked.
"Yeah, the owner of this island has a bunch of companies - anyway, think of it as a separate organisation, they don't know us or anything."

After lunch, all six of them stood in a small circle and discussed their plans for the afternoon.
"Hyung, do you guys want to come and play basketball with me and Jongin?" Seungri asked Youngbae who was standing next to Daesung.
"Yeah, that sounds good. Where's the court?"
"I saw a full court in one of the activity rooms when I was wondering around," Seungri revealed.
"But I don't want to play basketball," Daesung opposed.
"I'll play then," Seunghyun added, and then looked at Jiyong. "What about you?"
Jiyong stared at his lips for a while and then answered, "If you're going to play basketball, then I'll go check out the spa place with Daesung." Jiyong grabbed Daesung's arm nervously. "Right, Daesung? Do you want to go see the spa with me?" Jiyong insisted until Daesung nodded back.
"Alright then, see you guys later." Daesung ended the conversation as he got dragged away by Jiyong. The four men left behind went into their own cabins to change their clothes before they headed for the activity rooms.

Meanwhile, Daesung got dragged into the spa by Jiyong, where they were greeted by two young men.
"Welcome to the YaHyung Spa, my name is Jang Hosung and this is Park Hyunjun," Hosung gestured towards his colleague. "How can we help you?"
"Hello," Jiyong greeted, "we would like... Uh... What do you have here?"
"Would you like a tour of the spa?" Hyunjun offered.
"Yes, please," Daesung accepted.
After touring the spa, Daesung and Jiyong came to the conclusion that they wanted to try the 'chocolate skin treatment' (judging it by the name).

Jongin and Seunghyun were on one team, and Youngbae and Seungri on the other. The four of them were playing half-court basketball.
"If Daesung and Jiyong didn't ditch us, we could have played three on three," Youngbae commented, passing the ball to Seungri.
"What do guys do at a spa anyway?" Seungri asked, trying to get past Seunghyun.
"For all we know, they could be having the time of their lives," said Jongin in a regretful tone, followed by a sigh.
"Stop being a sissy, I'm sure they're on their way here right now," Seungri snapped.

However, that was not the case. The two men in the spa were indeed enjoying themselves. Hosung and Hyunjun had prepared an open roof chocolate bath for them. The room was separated and romantic in its decor. Lit by subtly scented candles in different shades of pink, the lighting resembled that of the late afternoon sky above them. There was marble flooring and a circular bath in the ground, right in the middle of the room. A large table stood against a wall, with towels and a floral oil diffuser placed on it. A small shower was installed in the corner as well.
"I feel so gay right now." Daesung started the conversation, sitting in the bath. Jiyong laughed, trying not to move his face too much as it would crack his chocolate face mask.
"Yeah, this place is a little..." Jiyong chuckled, sitting opposite to his dongsaeng.
"Especially when we're sitting in this thing together."
"Where did those guys go?" Jiyong tried to change the awkward conversation.
"May be they took us for a couple when you held on to my arm saying you wanted to bathe with me." Daesung looked at his hyung's sorry expression under the thick chocolate mask. He gently kicked Jiyong's leg to get his attention. "Why did you want to come here so desperately, anyway?"
"I wanted to spend some time with my favourite dongsaeng."
"I thought Seungri was your favourite dongsaeng." Daesung folded his arms.
"It's not the same with Seungri, you know what I mean." Daesung gave in to the compliment and smiled at him.
"Hyung...you didn't plan this on purpose, did you?"
"What do you mean?" Jiyong put on an innocent act on the surface, but underwater, the side of his foot was tracing up the inside of Daesung's leg.
"Yah! What are you doing?" Daesung hunched and quickly turned to the side in defence. While Jiyong was laughing and joking on the outside, he was testing his own feelings on the inside. He didn't feel any of the desires he felt when he was with Seunghyun. He was sure of it, and relieved by it too.

Around six-fifteen in the evening, Daesung and Jiyong left the spa and went back to their dorms in robes. Their roommates were already waiting for them in their dorms.
"How was the spa?" Youngbae asked Daesung as his roommate walked in to the room.
"It was good," Daesung replied. "I think he needed some time away from Seunghyun-hyung."
"Who, Jiyong?" Youngbae clarified. Daesung nodded. The two quietly thought to themselves as Daesung got dressed.

In dorm two, Jiyong had just walked in, and it seemed that Seunghyun wasn't in. Jiyong fell back onto his bed and rolled around in the clean bed sheets, which his roommate had set up while he was gone.
Unexpectedly, Seunghyun walked out of the bathroom with a towel around his hips. Jiyong immediately sat up and the first thing that caught his eye was his roommate's towel, which was positioned a bit lower than normal. Jiyong quickly blinked in surprise and then looked up at Seunghyun's wet hair.
"Yeah, we got really sweaty playing basketball, so we took showers," Seunghyun explained. "What about you?"
"Huh? Oh, yeah I took a bath with Daesung," Jiyong answered. Seunghyun raised his eyebrows.
"With him?"
"Yeah, it was this hot chocolate bath thing, I thought I'd get bored sitting in that room alone."
"You two were alone..."
"You're being suggestive."
"No, I'm just jealous," Seunghyun corrected Jiyong. The younger man looked at his hyung blankly, replaying in his head the words he had just heard. "A hot chocolate bath in a quiet room sounds refreshing, I should have gone with you."
"Oh right, you're jealous about the bath," Jiyong laughed. Seunghyun smirked.
"What were you thinking?"
"Oh, just the way you said we were alone and..."
"You're acting really strange today," Seunghyun remarked with a suspicious face. "Are you going to the campfire in that robe?"
"Uh, no, I just didn't want to put my worn clothes on again." Jiyong justified himself. Seunghyun turned around to face the closet and took out an outfit.
"Are you going to watch me change?"
"Hyung... I need to tell you something."
"Is it important?"
"I just need to tell you before I explode," Jiyong answered. Seunghyun sat down on to the bed next to him and looked him in the eye. The younger man gulped. He was in a robe. His hyung was in a towel. Bells were ringing in his head. His breathing rate was increasing.
"Is it about last night?" Seunghyun guessed. Jiyong stopped breathing.
"Last night..." Jiyong started. He paused and exhaled, staring as his roommate's lips. He couldn't resist anymore and he needed to know why he was feeling this way. Suddenly, he jumped onto his hyung and kissed him. It was a deep kiss. Seunghyun was transfixed in the moment and Jiyong was working his lips away in different directions, testing himself. Seunghyun pushed his dongsaeng away and grabbed his clothes.
"I remember now," was the last thing he said before he went into the toilet to change.


Nobody's POV (3rd Person)