Karma

Big Bang and the Island

Breakfast was a simple buffet sort of thing. We were given the option of cereal, eggs, toast, soup, omelets or fish, but we had to order the eggs and omelets if we wanted them. Daesung and I slept like logs after dinner last night, so waking up was a bit difficult. Since we were all still a bit sleepy, breakfast was quiet and peaceful - that is, until Jiyong and Seunghyun-hyung walked in. Jiyong sat next to me and Seunghyun-hyung sat the furthest away from him as possible, making Seungri move up for him so that he could actually sit down. It was interesting how they managed to bring in a whole awkwardness a long with them. Or was it just TOP?
"Hey," I greeted Jiyong, "did you sleep well?"
"Yeah, it was ok," he answered, "I still haven't got my head round the whole thing...it feels weird not to work." We both smiled.
"What's wrong with your roommate?" I enquired.
"He's been like that since this morning," he paused, "I think he had a y dream."
"Like a wet dream?" I asked. Daesung gave me strange looks.
"Not really, cause he didn't really wet the bed..." he tried to explain, "Maybe I woke him up before the ."
"Right," I tried to focus on my toast, "so what do you think of the Island so far?"
"It's ok..." he replied, staring in to his cereal, "I think we'll survive."

"Now that everyone has finished breakfast, let's get on with today's activities. But before that, we need to record everybody's nicknames," Lion announced. Some of us nodded in response.
"Ok then, please call out your names so that I can write them down," he requested, "Cabin one, Mr. Lee Seunghyun?"
"Panda," Seungri answered. We smiled at his choice. He wrote down all the names on a white board and hung it up on the wall.

Guest Cabins
One: Panda (LSH)  -  Hedgehog (KJI)
Two: Dragonfly (KJY)  -  Bear (CSH)
Three: Wolf (DYB)  -  Monkey (KDS)

Staff
Instructors: Lion  Tiger  Cheetah
Specialised Instructors: Squirrel  Dolphin  Shark  Gorilla
Cooks: Bigfoot  Butterfly  Sloth

Oh god. I just can't wait to use these names...

Today's morning activity was team sports. We started playing basketball in an indoor court in one of the activity rooms. We had the red team, which consisted of cabins one and three, plus Bigfoot and Shark. We played against the blue team, which was cabin two, plus Lion, Cheetah, Gorilla and Sloth. The guests got tracksuits to wear and every team member wore a bib in the colour of the team they were in. Playing with the instructors was a bit hard, because we didn't know them so well, but things eventually fell in to place. We were supposed to play three games - the best of the three games would be the winning team, but the red team won the first two games, so we had a break. It was mainly because of Seunghyun-hyung's failure to focus. He ended up bringing the whole team down and was eventually traded for Squirrel when we started playing volleyball on the beach.

It all suddenly became interesting when it was time for lunch and we all sat down at the table. Jongin (Seungri's roommate), Daesung and I were on one side and Seunghyun-hyung, Seungri and Jiyong were on the other side.
"Hyung..." I called, to which Seunghyun-hyung looked at me and raised his eyebrows, "I had this really strange dream last night."
"What, a dream?" he asked, awkwardly.
"Yeah... it's kind of embarrassing to say," I added. He scratched his head and looked down at the table.
"Couldn't have been that bad," he mumbled.
"Youngbae-hyung," Seungri began, "you need to e more often." He never fails to speak his mind... And that's how Seungri suddenly got everybody else curious about the conversation.
"Thanks for the concern but-"
"I always keep a bottle of lubricant behind the sink if you need any," he bursted out. "And I brought my DVD player with me...if you know what I mean." My plan had backfired. Karma...
Jongin interrupted nervously, "I think the cooks are about to serve the dishes."

"Ok everybody, we have prepared a special competition for the six of you this evening," Lion broadcasted, as if he were talking to a crowd of people, "I will explain the details of the competition when the time comes, but Tiger here will tell you how to prepare."
Tiger looked at him questioningly with a we-never-talked-about-this face. It took her a while to start.
"Yeah... So since you guys are going to be in the forest you should prepare accordingly - for instance, you should bring a sufficient amount of water in a backpack if possible, and please wear suitable footwear," Tiger vaguely informed us. "Oh, and also, any other items, such as torches, will be supplied by us."
"I think that's it, then. Does anyone have any questions?" Lion asked. Nobody spoke. "Then I expect all of you to be ready to start in the courtyard at 6 o'clock."

The sun began to go down and it was time to begin the competition. The evening was starting to get surprisingly chilly. Everybody was gathered around Lion and Cheetah in the courtyard, closely huddled up together.
"Ok everyone, I hope you've rested well, because this might be a long race for some of you," Lion stated. "You'll be competing as cabins, the aim of the game is to collect your cabin's flag and return to the courtyard. The first team to come back wins."
"Where are the flags?" Seungri asked.
"Let me finish," Lion replied, "Each cabin will get a different map selected purely at random, but all three maps lead to the same point where the three flags have been placed," he paused, "In terms of health and safety, everyone will be given a tracking device that looks like this," he held up a small block with a blinking red light on it. "You can activate an alarm on it by turning the switch on the side and an emergency team should come to rescue you via a GPS system," he indicated. "It is very important to stick with your partner at all times. Any questions?"
"What about animals? Are there any wild animals we should be cautious of?" Jongin asked.
"The area has been secured - in fact, you might even run in to some of the safety team since they will be roaming around the area - but still, you should be careful of snakes and insects that might come out at night."
"What if you end up outside the safe zone?" Jiyong asked.
"Your maps will clearly indicate the area you should stay in, and your tracking devices will automatically activate their alarm if you do exit the 'safe zone'."
"What if you need to pee?" said Seungri.
"Do you really need to ask me that?" Lion sighed.
"Ok then, the distance from the courtyard to the flags should range from 2-2.5km," Cheetah explained. He then handed out maps, torches, compasses and tracking devices.

Daesung and I received a very complicated and retarded map. I mean, there was a huge hole in it where our route passed through... I guess that was intentional. Almost everybody 'Huh?'-ed at their map and the first cabin to set out was cabin two. Jiyong was leading the way and Seunghyun-hyung followed him.

This is just wonderful...
 


 

POV: Taeyang/Youngbae