Dorm Drama and Travel

Big Bang and the Island

Seungri's mental 'to-do' list:
-Sleep
-Wake up at 9
-Call the president to discuss our flight details
-Get ready
-Finish packing
-Leave the dorm at 11? - Need to discuss that with president


The president sent us home at 01:00 AM from the party. I remember him saying, "You guys should get some sleep; after all, you’re travelling tomorrow," or something like that. So, Daesung, Youngbae-hyung and I left together to get a taxi. Youngbae-hyung sat in the passenger seat and Daesung and I sat in the back seats. Some other guy also got into the taxi with us but we were too drunk to remember who it was.

For the entire drive to our dorm, we played loud music and sang songs, even the random guy we didn't know was singing with us. I guess the party didn't end until we got out of the taxi. I'm pretty sure the taxi driver was relieved to find that our neighbourhood wasn't too far. Honestly, we went too far with the whole 'crazy drunk guys' thing, Youngbae-hyung even trolled the taxi driver when it was time to pay, pulling the money away just as the poor guy reached out to grab it.

When we entered our dorm, the first thing we did was fall over in the entrance and sigh in relief that we had packed most of our belongings for the camp before the party. I can't quite remember what happened after but I'm pretty sure we noticed that Jiyong-hyung hadn't returned yet, so we left the lights in the entrance on and went to bed.

I was ambushed by the manager's call at 07:00 that morning.
"You guys have to leave the house in two hours so get up and get ready! Seungri, wake up Jiyong for me, will you? His phone’s turned off and I can’t get in contact with him," he yelled through the phone. I rubbed my eyes as I groaned a 'yes' in response and he hung up the phone. 'That was informative...' My hangover wasn't as bad as Daesung or Youngbae-hyung's, cause, for the first time, their dark circles and eye bags were worse than mine.


Text message from Manager:

Just a few packing tips: you are going on a month and a half long trip, or longer, depending on your report. Also, on the third week, you will be allowed to order anything from Seoul and it will be delivered to you. So, toiletries and other daily requirements can be restocked. Please consider these circumstances whilst packing for your trip.

~ Your Manager



Daesung and I both barged into Jiyong-hyung's bedroom to wake him up, only to find him missing. We both ran to Youngbae-hyung together and screamed,
"WHERE'S JIYONG?!" we asked in unison. 'Where had this happened before?'
"He didn't come back last night?" Youngbae-hyung asked anxiously.
"Well, his bed is still done a-and he hasn't even packed his suitcase yet so..." I mentioned. They both looked at me, alarmed.
"Ok Seungri, try to contact him. Daesung and I will pack his things," Youngbae-hyung ordered and I did as told. Wait, what was I supposed to do? Wasn't his phone supposed to be off?

As Daesung and Youngbae-hyung packed his bags, I was having a nervous breakdown in my head. 'We have to leave in two hours. We have to leave in two hours. We. Leave. Two hours.' What was I supposed to hope for? I couldn't get a hold of Jiyong-hyung or Seunghyun-hyung and it wasn't like Seunghyun-hyung was going to appear in our dorm miraculously at that moment holding on to Jiyong-hyung's hand.

Well, to our surprise, again, something like that happened. The door flew open and Jiyong-hyung stumbled in backwards, dragging a lifeless Seunghyun-hyung in with him.
"HYUUUUUUUUUUNG!!!! WHAT HAPPENED?!" I jumped at his dramatic entrance.
He turned around, with the most horribly exhausted expression ever.
"THIS ALMOST KILLED ME! THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED!" he screamed with blood-shot eyes. He dumped Seunghyun-hyung on the floor of the entrance and angrily stomped to the bathroom to take a shower. Youngbae-hyung and Daesung came out of Jiyong-hyung's room to see what in the world had happened.

Slowly, we all gathered around Seunghyun-hyung and stared at him. Any passerby must have been disturbed at the sight of three men gathered around some guy lying on the floor, all looking as if they were going to start dissecting him. I grabbed a shoe and poked him to see if he was awake.
"Bleeeeeggghhhh" was all I got from him. The three of us examined him carefully. He was still in last night's suit, except that he was a mess and stunk of alcohol, vomit and many other things combined. He was missing a shoe and on the shoeless foot, the sock had a huge hole in the heel area, suggesting that he had been dragged around quite aggressively.
"I've seen something like this in horror movies," I broke the silence, "I think Hyung is possessed." Daesung immediately responded,
"No way! If he was possessed -do you think we should take him to a doctor?"
Youngbae-hyung looked at him and hit him on the head, "does that make any sense? He needs to see Shisus..."
Jiyong-hyung suddenly interrupted us from behind with a towel around his head, "Whatever's wrong with him, it seems as though he'll be like this for long, we should let him rest for a while and then clean him up." He resumed drying his hair with a face towel.
"What about his clothes?" Youngbae-hyung called out.
"I already arranged that with the manager, he's going to pick up an outfit from his house," he answered confidently.
"And his suitcase?" Daesung asked.
"That too," he replied.
"What about his injuries?" I quizzed.
"Already got him checked, he's just having a bad hangover," he sighed.
"Wow Hyung, although it seems like you hate him right now, you really did do everything you could for him. Is this what they call... bromance?" added Daesung sneakily. I could tell Jiyong-hyung tried to think of a come-back, with his mouth open and all. Though I suspect that’s because of shock.
"GTOP," I chirped in. Jiyong-hyung started visibly steaming with anger.
"Speaking of which, what happened last night anyway? You haven't developed any feelings for him have you?" Youngbae-hyung teased.
"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU ALL!" he finally snapped with a red-hot face. He jumped on Youngbae-hyung, who moved out of the way, causing him to step on Seunghyun-hyung's chest as he ended up outside the apartment. Seunghyun-hyung suddenly sat up with his eyes closed and reached out with his hands, searching for something to hold. Jiyong-hyung turned around to deliver yet another terrifying attack when Seunghyun-hyung grabbed his towel and pulled it right off him. He screamed like a little girl and we all laughed like crazy hyenas. He ran into his room trying to cover himself up with the smaller towel and locked the door. We almost died of laughter, and it seemed as though our laughing fits had woken Seunghyun-hyung up. He looked around confused and slowly dragged himself in to Youngbae-hyung and Daesung's room to rest.

At 08:45, the manager arrived and TOP reluctantly got dressed. Everybody had their suitcases ready.
"I thought I said you shouldn't pack in suit cases," was the first thing he said.
"It's not like we're going to climb Mt. Everest... are we?" Daesung asked.
"Oh, don't worry, I think you'll be fine… as long as you have a backpack in case you go hiking," he wondered aloud. To that, Youngbae-hyung, Jiyong-hyung and Daesung went back to their rooms to look for an empty backpack and stuffed it in their suitcases. Just before we left, we all opened our suitcases and went through a last call-out list by Daesung.
"Clothes: Shirts, Bottoms, Jumpers, Scarves, Socks, Underwear, Nightwear, Shoes, Flip Flops, Wellies, Trainers, Hiking Boots, Slippers."
We all nodded and he went on again with a list of other items that we might need. Everybody seemed to have almost everything and the things we didn't have, we quickly ran to get from our rooms. The manager impatiently waited, frequently checking his watch.
"My mum packed a bit too heavily..." Seunghyun-hyung had concluded, investigating his tightly packed suitcase. Although he had the most items, his suitcase was the smallest. We all got up and gave the dorm one, last goodbye and left; me being the last, locking the door behind me. I handed our manager the key and we stepped into the elevator.

Many of the questions we asked the manager along the way were simply answered with an 'I'm not supposed to tell you' or an 'I don't know'. We were taken to a seaport where we met our president and his last words of good bye were:
"Have fun!"
Was he secretly happy about getting rid of us?
We then got on to a ferry and fell asleep - all of us, even the manager, too tired to complain about the choice of transport. All of that happened in about four hours.

So around 13:00 we arrived at the island. We only woke up when we actually harboured at the wooden dock. Ok, so it wasn't like a completely unknown island that we had discovered as we arrived. It was just uninhabited; there was no settlement there, not even some cannibalistic ancient tribe. Although I'm describing this island plainly and negatively, when we picked up our bags and walked up the dock to the white sand beach, we found that we had actually arrived at a tropical paradise. The idea of no man-made pollutant having disturbed this beautiful ecosystem that nature had created on its own was just beauty in itself. I describe this island like the heaven that it was, but at the time we were a bit too busy complaining about how pulling suitcases through the sand was going to be such a drag. It was a typical scene here, everyone had been blinded by their own personal troubles to appreciate what was held in store around them; but to be honest, we had every right to complain. We had Daesung on one side about how he needs more time after he gets up to do his ritualistic clean-up routine. Youngbae-hyung was frustratedly limping, claiming his leg had cramps. Jiyong-hyung was cursing the sand, because he decided to wear his favourite designer high-tops and the sand was 'killing' them. Seunghyun-hyung was still dizzy from his sea-sickness and finally, I was suffering the sunburn that sleeping-on-the-deck-in-swimming-trunks gave me. Our manager wasn't staying on the island with us so he had no problems.

As we walked on the beach, two men and a woman emerged from the forest behind the beach. We stopped and the three welcomed us to the island. They introduced themselves as instructors and greeted the six of us personally.
"Lion," the taller male called himself, smiling at his inappropriate name. He was a lot taller than all of us, but kind of weird looking. He wasn't really attractive, but he had bulging muscles and sharp facial features, kind of like a lion as his names suggests.
"Tiger," was the woman. She was short and fierce, pretty, but uninterested - I could sense that in her. But none the less, she was nice and smiled at us welcomingly.
"Cheetah," was the other guy. He was a bit scrawny and honestly, he looked like the stupid type. He was my height and wasn't particularly pleased to meet us.
"Here at Ya-Hyung Island, [Yes, the island was called Ya-Hyung Island] everybody is given a code name or nick-name. The theme this year is animals, so you are expected to pick a name by tomorrow morning and submit it," said Tiger.
"Ok guys, from here on, I'll leave you to your instructors. Goodbye and good luck, I hope this camp is of benefit to you," our manager gave his farewell. He greeted us all individually and then we watched him return to ferry.

The instructors lead us in to the forest and warned us of the animals and dangers along the way. We came to a fenced campsite where they lead us in to the main gate and gave us a tour of the campsite.  

 


POV: Seungri/VI