Scene #2: What were you doing?

The Spell - Behind The Scenes

 

In which Luhan and Sehun agreed not to see each other until Luhan finished his report

From: Chapter 31

---------------------------

 

 

Judging being Oh Sehun for twenty years, Sehun must have known himself better than anyone. However, since the day Luhan came into his life and turned it upside down, he didn’t even believe in that theory anymore. The beast inside him suddenly had so many faces that he never saw before.

A caring face when Luhan didn’t finish his favorite cake at lunch even though it’s just because he had had a bunch of sweet snacks an hour ago.

A sulky childish face when Luhan sometimes put all his attention to the photos on laptop’s screen and forgot that he was sitting next to him, trying hard to bite his earlobe but got nothing in response.

A slight-pink-dusted-cheek face when Luhan out of nowhere entwined their fingers on the way to his studio when there was no one around, leaned on his shoulder and whispered “Could we be like this forever?”

And now, a cheesy face when he was looking at his boyfriend’s picture on his phone, finger caressing the screen lovingly like the way he always did with the real one. Let out a small sigh, Sehun’s lips curved into a pout as he talked to the electric device in his hand

“Could you work faster? I miss you….”

 

 

Flashback

Luhan beamed widely as he spotted his boyfriend’s head from afar in the café shop. He had been away for two days with the staffs at the studio he was working to do the charity work at a small village not far from Seoul. It’s like a traditionally social activity of the studio and to be honest, that was one of the reason he chose this one among few studios that had offered him a job.

When he’s about to reach the table, Luhan slowed down his steps and kinda tiptoed in effort to surprise Sehun. He whispered playfully while his hands were covering half of the younger one’s face.

“Guess who~~~~~?”

“If I say it’s Jongin you’ll hit me right?”

Sehun teased, put down the piece of paper on the table and pulled those hands out to place a chaste kiss on them. Although he got a whining complaint “Ahhh~~~~ you’re no fun…” in response but the way the latter almost leaned on him and buried his face into his hair told him that Luhan was blushing like a rose at the sweet gesture.

He waited until the Chinese completely settled down on the opposite chair to greet him with a loving smile.

“So, how was your trip?”

Luhan giggled, reached out to his backpack and started digging

“It’s really fun. We even learnt how to make kimchi from the elder women there. I have something for you….Uhmmm, where is it now…?” he lowered his head to the extent that half of it disappeared into the MCM bag “Ahhh, there it is~~~”

A small box was held up in front of Sehun and he wasted no time to take it from the latter’s hand, fought hard to not pinch Luhan’s cheek because his crescent eye-smile was so damn cute.

“What is it?”

It’s not really a question though since his hands already worked on the ribbon and opened the box right after that. There a white round stone looking straight at him with the biggest grin he had ever seen.

“Cute right?” Luhan’s delighted voice cut off his contemplation “I painted it!”

“Ohhh~~~~”

“Ohhh? Should I take it as a compliment or…” he tilted his head aside, eye brows met in confusion because this was not the reaction he had expected.

“Well…yeah” Sehun shrugged his shoulders, pretended to be indifferent but as soon as he saw the small pout slowly formed on the older one’s face, he burst into laughter, leaning in to tweak his nose jokingly “I’m just kidding. I like it. But to be honest, I prefer your picture stuck down on here more, you know. See, this grin is obviously yours.”

Although he wanted to stay sulky for a little bit longer to punish the younger for teasing him, the last sentence flushed his cheeks almost immediately. Sometimes he wondered how the younger could always find the right words to make him feel blissful like this. Tightening his lips to suppress a contented smile, Luhan decided to discuss about what the rock was supposed to be used.

“What’s you gonna do with it?”

Sehun shot him a surprised stare then blinked several times to get a hold of himself as if his boyfriend just asked the weirdest question.

“You’re the one who bought it. What was it original use?”

“I don’t know.”

Luhan chewed on his lower lips, pondering on that issue. It’s just a rock. What’s a rock’s original use? Standing quietly beside the other…..rocks?

“Err….decoration?” he guessed rashly, earning a head shaking from the other

“No, I was thinking of using it as a paperweight.” the Korean boy tapped his chin continuously “You know, I started to compose more these days. This could be helpful.”

Luhan grinned big, remembered how Sehun liked to write on the music sheet instead of using music composing apps on the laptop. It’s more classical, the violinist had explained.

“It’s great.” he chirped out while clapping his hands “Now something-special-me will be with you all the time.”

Sehun gave him a sideways look but the latter didn’t catch it. Wasn’t it easy to see that he already carried a lot the Chinese’s something special with him, including his love? Did he need to say it out loud? Letting out a chuckle, he guessed it’s not a big deal though because the most important one was the person sitting in front of him, happily sipping on his favorite flavor bubble tea.

“Oh by the way, Suho hyung asked about you yesterday.”

“What did he say?”

The latter stopped stirring the ice, slight wrinkles were formed on his forehead because now that they didn’t have to go to class anymore, if his classmates had something to tell him, they would call directly.

“I don’t know.” Sehun shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly “Something about the report. It looked like he got stuck at the paper work.”

Luhan put down the cup on the table, nodding in understanding. He was lucky that Wong Hao didn’t request a high quality with detail report like some other professors in the Department he had heard before. For him, the photo would speak itself, no need to explain more about your idea and Luhan couldn’t agree more. But it didn’t mean he could be released from writing down basic information of his collection to meet the standards. After all, the one who gave marks to his final design was the Board of examiners.

“Okay, I’ll call him later.” he assured, knowing that he might have to stop by the library for a little help.

“How’s about yours?”

Sehun revealed his concern. Comparing between what he saw in his huyng and his boyfriend’s working, he had to say he was a little bit worried. Though he knew about the other’s passion in photography and vice versa, they didn’t talk much about their study unless there was a funny story involved.

“Oh, I’m working on it.”

Luhan replied with his hand covering his mouth to prevent a yawn. Going out in two days straight made his work got piled up and he already saw himself gonna stay up late in the next few days to meet the deadline. Besides, he didn’t want Sehun to think that it was because they hang out too much that he didn’t have enough time to do it. As if also seeing the future outlook, the younger one tilted his head questioningly

“Babe, what time did you go to sleep last night?”

“Err…12?”

“Luhan…”

"Huh?"

"Don't play innocent with me."

“Alright, 2.30.” the Chinese pouted, knowing where the conversation would go “But I’m fine. See? There is no black eye bag.”

“Yet.” the latter corrected “I think you should focus all your time on the report. I really don’t want you got lack of sleep.”

“No, I’m telling you, I’m fine. I know what I’m doing and it’s no big deal. Really!” the pout on his face became a serious one which always helped him to win over. But this time seemed like it didn't work properly. 

Exhaling a long sigh, Sehun leaned in and placed both his crossed arms on the table, looking at the boy in front of him with love in his eyes

“Look babe, I don’t want to do it either but we’re talking about your health and your final design.”

“But I could always continue it after you go back to your room.” Luhan tried to reason, thinking about not seeing Sehun until he finished the paper was damn torturing.

“Luhan…”

“But…”

And the firm glint in the younger one’s eyes stopped him.

End of flashback

 

 

A small chuckle from the bookshelf snapped his eyes open. Sehun quickly disconnected his lips from the screen and faked a cough, totally forgot that he was still lying on Jongin’s bed. The tanned skin boy didn’t move, an evil smirk tugged at the corner of his lips and this situation was really tormenting the latter.

“What were you doing?”

He already knew the answer, he saw it with his own eyes but still, teasing Sehun was one of his lifetime joys.

“Nothing.” Sehun finally sat up, shooting an icy look to the other and tried to change the topic “Where is my coke?”

“Ah, here.” Jongin stepped toward and handed him a cold can that had been taken out from the fridge a minute ago, seemed not to easily let the drama scene aside anytime soon “But seriously, don’t tell me I just witnessed you kissing your phone which I guessed having your precious baby deer on.”

He finished it with another playful smirk and Sehun couldn’t help blushing a bit in embarrassment. But the younger one still managed to keep a stern voice for his own good though he was aware that there was no way he could escape from this memory for the rest of his life.

“Don’t call him baby deer. He’s your hyung.”

“So what?” Jongin rolled his eyes “He’s older than you too and you always call him babe.

Not until Sehun stared at him with are-you-kidding-me kind of look for almost six seconds did he scrunch his nose and hold up both hands in response

“Fine. You’re no fun. I get it.” then sat down and nudged the other on the rib “Even so, I don’t understand why you forced you two into this. Just call him and tell him you want to see him. It’s not like you guys are fighting or something.”

“It will be easier if we’re fighting.” Sehun pointed out, a little annoyed since he had explained once about the situation but the other still didn’t get it “I will just buy him a cake and we’ll all good.”

“You really need to stop sugar-poisoning him like that. His face might be like twelve but he’s twenty two already.”

Taking a huge gulp of his coke, Sehun ignored the joke and decided to set him free from his boyfriend’s image a bit. After all that was the reason he stopped by his best buddy’s room in the very first place this morning and truly he wanted to use this time to re-connect with his friend since Luhan had always kept him busy.

However, first thing first, he still needed to remain his coolest impression to his baby deer.

“Err…dude, you know the thing that you saw earlier will not leave this room, don’t you?”

Jongin shrugged his shoulder as a confirmation in reply but unfortunately, Sehun didn’t catch the crafty smirk hovered over the tan skin boy’s lips after that.