Scene #5: You're....gay?

The Spell - Behind The Scenes

In which Luhan told his fans about Sehun

From: chapter 17

Dedicate to  Yongchannie for request

---------------------

 

Luhan had his first fan club when he was sixteen, at junior high.

After changing his mind about how his life would be, he became more and more open to people around him. That was how girls in his school back then gathered together and being all fan-girling over his well manner, good-looking appearance and generosity. They also sometimes did local charity under his name and to tell the truth Luhan couldn’t be more grateful to them for those good deeds.

It was not a surprise to him when just only two months since he had been accepted by SIA and flew all the way to Korea to study that he had his own fan club here. Luhan was famous among boys and girls, he knew it and he didn’t even pretend to play angelically innocent in front of them. Maybe that’s the reason why the amount of people falling for his charm kept increasing day by day.

Luhan wouldn’t have a problem with getting a lot of admired eyes on him through the hallway to his class if that didn’t cause the cold shoulder he was suffering from his boyfriend. After the stupid story about his fans Yixing had shared few days ago, Sehun became more sensitive when they’re out in public. He would gently shake his hand off whenever they walking together or look back and forth to see if there was someone around before quickly planted a soft goodbye kiss on his lips at the front door of the older one’s shared room.

Even though he found those kisses super sweet and Sehun always made it up for him when they’re safely alone behind the door, a part of Luhan wanted to scream out loud to tell the whole world that they belonged together. And if his fans were the main problem in his relationship with the Korean boy then he definitely couldn’t let them in their ways any more.

 

 

 

Luhan dusted off the snow on his shoulder when he reached the front steps of the Art Department Building. It was December 24th and most of students had their own plan for Christmas’s Eve so it would be a perfect time to deal with his own problem in peace. He fished out his phone to re-read the message he had got yesterday from Mi Young, the president of his fan club, about where they’re going to meet up. He had called her earlier, said that he wanted to meet them to announce a big news and since the girl had too focused on squealing in enthusiasm, he had to disconnect the call, texted her to set up the date.

It’s not the first time he had a face-to-face talk with them but he couldn’t help feeling nervous. They were fangirls. Who knew what they’re gonna react to this.

 

C’on, you’re doing it for Sehun!

 

Luhan inhaled a long breath before knocked three times on the door. He didn’t wait long until a girl opened it and welcomed him with the brightest smile that could blind any straight guy.

“Luhan oppa!!! Come in, we’re waiting for you.”

The Chinese male replied her with a small nod along with his usual sweet smile, stepped inside to see there were about ten other girls looking at him, happiness all over their faces.

“Hello everyone” he waved his hand shyly, tried to recall their names because he was sure he had classes with a few here “I know you guys all have plans for Christmas so I promise to make it quick.”

“Oh, just being with you is enough for us.” Mi Young stepped up, flashed her beautiful smile and Luhan shivered at the thought of being stuck here with a bunch of girls instead of in the warm embrace of his boyfriend.

“Okay, so what is the big news then oppa?” she continued her soft tone which she only used when her mood was really enlightened.

Luhan swallowed thick, scanned the whole room in one go, suddenly felt more anxious than ever.

“Well…” he started slowly, making eleven pair of puppy eyes opened wide patiently waiting “I’m seeing someone…”

It looked like the time was stopped and only Luhan could make a move in this room. He really got frightened when looking at everyone’s face in front of him because they seemed to forget how to breathe properly.

The room sunk into a dead silence for a good minute before Mi Young finally gained all of her strength to spoke up again, a little bit too emotional for her sweet voice

“Who the hell…….” she cleared , hands crossed against chest irritatingly “I mean may we know who that lucky girl is?”

The Chinese male felt his forehead was going to burn a hole with all the lasers beaming at him right now, unconsciously stepped backward although he knew they wouldn’t do anything harm him. What he was going to tell them now might cause an overwhelming fuss so it’s safer to keep a certain distance from them.

“Err….It’s not a girl. It’s a boy.”

Luhan almost whispered the last sentence, his eyes worriedly examined everybody’s face. To his surprise, there was no screaming, no squealing, no fainting, just shocked to death facial expression and the suffocating silence aded the whole room. It’s even worse because he thought he had killed several of them just by a simple saying.

A sudden sob from someone behind broke the tense atmosphere and Luhan couldn’t help but left out a small sigh since that was what he was waiting for. An emotional reaction was way much better than none.

“You’re…gay?” she choked out, knuckles were clenched white under the pressure she tightened. The word seemed to be stuck at but it’s still clear enough for everyone in this room to hear.

Luhan blinked several times, didn’t know what to respond. He had been utterly busy with Sehun and their relationship, he never thought about this before.

“I…I don’t know. Really.” he sheepishly admitted “I just… I like him, a lot.”

“Why oppa?” She said between the hiccups “You promised to be with us forever.”

 

Wait, when did I ever say that?

 

Luhan popped his eyes in surprise, almost bit on his tongue as he choked on his saliva

“I’m sorry, what?”

Another one replied him with her whining voice. It looked like the emotional atmosphere were spread the whole room because now he could hear some sobbing and people’s eyes were obviously getting teary.

“You totally approved on our slogan the first time we met, when you attended our ceremony on the second year.”

“And we assumed you would never be taken.” a girl standing next to her continued, rubbing her friend’s shoulder to comfort.

“Now what are we supposed to do when you’re all over someone?” Mi Young concluded, her eyes were all red due to the bad news.

Luhan took a long inhalation, waiting a moment for them to calm down and to see if anyone wanted to say anything else. Then he slowly leaned back against the edge of a table nearby, a shining smile plastered on his face as he’s going to tell them about his cutie pie.

“I’ll completely understand if you guys hate me after this. I really appreciate your feelings for me, that’s why I don’t want to hide from you.” he stopped in the middle, darted his eyes out the window to the Music Department Block afar then dropped back his attention to eleven girls in front of him “He’s a good guy and he cares about me so much. I’ve never fallen for anyone like this before. I’m sure you’ll like him too when you get to know him.”

“We refuse to, thank you very much”

Mi Young cut off, a hint of unpleasantness could be easily sensed in her voice. As the president of a group biased a gorgeous guy like Luhan, it was a lie to say that she wasn’t aware this day would come without warning. They had talked about it before, like the most sensitive topic ever, and had made an unwritten agreement. It’s just everyone in this club was still praying their angel would find someone after he graduated, so that they could be completely fed with illusions as their wish.

Seemed to compose herself from what had happened, Mi Yong looked straight into his eyes “Again, may we know who that person is?”

“It’s Oh Sehun from Music Department.” the Chinese male mumbled, an uneasy hunch of what was coming next running under his skin and sent chill down to his spine “You’re not going to hurt him, are you?”

“Oh Sehun? Why this name sounds familiar to me?”

The young girl cocked her head aside confusingly and a hand from behind poked her arm. They did a quick conversation before she nodded in knowing, turned around to face Luhan. A few words he had overheard, “oh that guy” or “interesting” didn’t make him feel any better and since they hadn’t answered his question yet, he didn’t think Sehun was in the safe zone.

“I wish you all understand my feeling for him and I’ll be with him no matter what happens.”

He tried to pull out the most severe facial expression, hoping they could see how serious he was in this relationship. To his surprise, Mi Young exchanged an unreadable look with the rest and a hollow smile hovered over her lips.

“Oh, I see. I have to say, on behalf of everyone in our club, we’re really not happy to the fact that you’re dating someone. But since it’s a he and technically not against our rules or slogan, we’ll find a way to accept it”

Luhan held his hands up to his chest as if he had just got rid of a ton of bricks from his chest but seeing an evil smirk was already dragged out of her lips, he knew he had jumped up on conclusion too soon

“It’s your choice and we respect it but we still want to make a test on him?” Mi Young continued with her sweet voice “If you help us, oppa.”

It took Luhan few seconds to swallow the sticky lump lodge at his throat but he failed to calm his nerve as he stuttered the first word

“Wh…what’s kind of test anyway?”

“Oh, don’t worry oppa. You’re gonna love it.”

Mi Young winked at him and stepped towards his spot, along with other ones. They finally gathered into a small circle around him, all eyes on their leader waiting for the plan they had made a long time ago just in case their angel found his lover.

“Well firstly, I want you to text him…”