Scene #4: You smell so good I can’t resist

The Spell - Behind The Scenes

In which Luhan broke Sehun's violin string and felt extremely guilty. 

From: Chapter 22

Dedicate to yuu8713 for request

-------------------------

 

Some people were born naturally gifted with musical sense. They just stood there, pulled some strings, touched the fingerboard and out of nowhere, music was like honey covered and went straight into listeners’ heart.

However some weren’t that lucky.

Luhan never defined himself as someone who didn’t know anything about music, not to mention that he was very sensitive when it came to art and his boyfriend was a talented violinist. His friends also always made compliment on how well he sang whenever they went for a karaoke. But he never knew that learning to play an instrument was that damn difficult.

 

It was a regular day-off of his and since Sehun didn’t have class in the afternoon, Luhan decided to spend the whole day with the younger on at his room. The idea of asking Sehun to teach him play a violin had been actually formed inside his head few days ago, when he had a photo shooting of a guitarist for the magazine cover next month. Seeing how that guy really enjoyed showing his passion had reminded him his cutie pie back home and a quick thought had flashed over “why don’t I ask Sehun? He must be a great teacher.”

Besides there one tiny extra reason behind this was that Luhan really wanted to look cool with something like that. The pose they made while holding a musical instrument firmly yet comfortably was freaking awesome and since he’s always the one who captured that moment, he knew how swell it was.

 

Sehun welcomed him with a loving smile, opened the door widely for him to step in.

“Where’s Suho?”

He tossed his bag carelessly on the sofa, looking around and the latter followed him to put the bag orderly against the foot of the table nearby. Luhan got used to it, the way Sehun picked up his stuffs like an old habit. He was scared at first, remembered the first time he saw how neat this young boy was and afraid that he would be kicked out of the room if he set his hand on the wrong place but after one month dating, he didn’t care about it anymore. If Sehun liked him, he would have to accept all the good and the bad of him.

“He went to the library I guess. He wasn’t here when I got home.” the Korean boy shrugged, walked toward the fridge and took out a new box of lemonade “Juice?”

“Uhm” Luhan hummed back “Oh and put some…”

“Extra sugar. I know”

Sehun said without looking up, focused on his stirring the liquid and the older one couldn’t help but smiling contentedly. Sometimes he just hoped the latter could be easy on people around him as half as he’s right now so that Luhan didn’t have to jump up every time he heard someone complained about his unfriendly attitude.

Taking the drink from the other, he waited until Sehun sat comfortably beside him to speak up

“Hey, do you know Lee Joo Il?”

“Who? The new star rising guitarist?”

“Uh-huh. I had a photoshoot with him few days ago.” Luhan slowly began, suddenly felt that his idea didn’t sound good at all.

Sehun put down his mug on the table, brow arching because his boyfriend was out of nowhere talking about a stranger in a very suspicious tone.

“Oh…And?”

“Well, he looked really cool with his guitar.” the Chinese tightened his hold “And I was thinking of learning to play a musical instrument.”

“You want to study playing guitar?”

Somehow his voice was raised unnecessarily and made the smaller one jerk aside a bit in surprise.

“Not…really. I like violin more.”

Luhan mumbled and stole a glance at the young boy who was having a hard time to get himself together at the sudden confession. He took it as a chance to spit out his initial plan before his throat was frozen under that stare.

“I just want to try you know. And since you’re very talented I wonder if you could teach me.”

To be honest it didn’t help Sehun to response any faster but he couldn’t help blinking like crazy till he realized he had to say something because those doe-like eyes were desperately waiting for his answer.

“Why do you want to learn playing violin anyway?”

“Didn’t you hear me in the first place?” Luhan pursed his lips, seemed not pleased at his boyfriend’s lack of attention.

“Yes I heard it. But I thought you’re joking.” Sehun folded his arms. He knew his baby deer sometimes would pick up weird idea from nowhere but he didn’t see anything involved music coming like this “Because ‘looking cool’ is not a proper reason to learn something. Plus you do look cool with your camera.”

“What’s a big deal?” the Chinese rolled his eyes “I showed you how to use my camera once.”

“And you know why I quit?”

“Because you’re not patient enough?”

“No, it’s because I realized I should focus on what I’m good at.”

Sehun pointed out, earning a pout from the latter. He knew that with his typical stubbornness, Luhan would not let this go that easy so although he had predicted this topic would last one day at the most, it’d be better to have the older one give up all by himself.

“But if you really want to do it, I won’t mind teaching you.”

Luhan stared at him in disbelief because he had prepared a whole speech to make if they’re going to argue and now Sehun just climbed down and went get the instrument for real. But he couldn’t care more. He’s gonna prove his boyfriend that he’s super serious to bring it up.

Few seconds later, the younger came back with an old case in his hand, a smirk hovered over his lips.

“Okay, so this is what we’re going to do.” he opened the case and took a violin out “First, I’ll show you how to hold it properly, then we will learn about playing string. Musical theory can be discussed tomorrow if you still find it interesting enough.”

The latter nodded at everything being told, he just wanted to start as fast as possible. He rubbed both of his hands together, eagerness written all over his face.

“Okay, let’s do it.”

Sehun chuckled and handed him the violin along with a bow. Somehow he felt a little excited since he never taught anyone before so this was like a whole new experience to him too, not to mention that his student was the cutest boy in the world.

“First lesson, grip the bow” he lowered his tone so that it sounded a bit firmly gaining a big grin from the other “Lay the middle part of your index finger on the grip…”

“Where?”

“Here. Let me show you once.”

The younger grabbed the instrument, hold it gently while explaining in detail

“Place the tip of your pinky on the flat part of the stick near the base, keeping it slightly curved. The ring and middle fingers should rest with their middle parts in line with the tip of your pinky, and their tips on the side of the frog, the black piece that connects the tightening knob to the hair right here. Your thumb should rest underneath the stick, at the front of the frog, near or on the bow hair. Understand?”

“Uh huh.” Luhan replied nervously, eyes staring at Sehun’s hand as if he would forget the lesson if he by chance averted them away.

Sensing the tension on his boyfriend’s face, Sehun gave him the bow with a loving smile to encourage

“Relax…. Now you try.”

The hardest part was that when you thought you did it right, your teacher’s expression was like didn’t-you-listen-to-me-at-all. Frankly, Sehun was nothing like that, but inside Luhan’s head it’s worse.

After a long minute struggling with the bow, he sighed out in relief as the Korean finally took the next step of his teaching process, holding the violin. As far as he got, this part was quite easy, just simply standing straight, bringing the of the instrument up to his neck, then resting the lower back of the violin on his collar bone and hold it in place with his jaw.

Learning from the latest’s experience with the bow, Sehun carefully walked behind him and rearranged his finger position on the neck of the violin in the right way. Luhan blushed slightly when he could feel the younger’s hot breath against his ear, rooted in his spot and Sehun took his chance to place a chaste kiss on his cheek.

“Yah!!” the Chinese jumped aside before the latter could wrap his hands around him “I’m trying to study hard here.”

The latter laughed freely, making an apologetic face but an evil smirk failed him

“I’m sorry. You smell so good I can’t resist.”

Luhan hit his shoulder and gave him a sideways look, though those words already got under his skin, sending heat to his body.

“Stop talking nonsense and teach me.”

“Alright, alright.” Sehun stepped forward and gestured him to hand over the instrument “About the string, you can practice playing strings without fingertips on them like this first.”

He demonstrated everything he had just said in such a polished manner that Luhan thought the young boy was really born to be an artist.

A ringing tone from Sehun’s phone suddenly cut off their studying. Luhan played the strings with his finger while waiting for the younger to finish his call.

“What was that?” his eyes wide opened as his boyfriend quickly disconnected his conversation and rushed upstairs.

“It’s my partner in composing class.” the Korean replied in hurry “He’s absent this morning and asked me to take note for him.”

He stopped at the door, pointed the violin

“I’ll be right back. Be careful with the strings okay.”

Luhan didn’t have time to respond before the door shut close. He looked at the small woodened instrument on the table, wrinkles formed on his forehead. How hard this would be right? Sehun just did it without effort, he could do it too. Well, Sehun was professionally trained while he might be worse than an amateur but still…

The more time passed by, the more these fours strings seemed to stare back at him provocatively. Luhan bit his lower lips in a second then grabbed the neck of the violin, tried to recall the last ten minute and made the pose that he had captured many times before.

 

Hahaha I’m genius

 

He moved his elbow and a wailing sound echoed the whole room. It’s quite different from what he had heard. No scratch that. It’s way too different from what he had heard. He tried a again, this time with a little bit pressure on the bow and the next thing came to his ear sounded even worse, like a string was broken.

 

Holy crap!!!

 

It’s not like he had hostility toward the violin but he swore it kept fighting against him and now laughed at him to satiety because Sehun was going to be mad at him for what he just did.

 

You…!!!

 

The clicking behind snapped him back and he instinctively hid it behind his back. To his dismay, the unusual anxiety on his face denounced his crime and Sehun had no difficulty to start questioning

“What’s going on?”

“Nothing.”

“Then why you didn’t look at me?”

 

, I should be better at lying.

 

Luhan’s lips tightened into a thin line as he brought the broken instrument to the front, avoiding to make any eyes contact with the younger.

“I’m sorry…”

There was nothing responded and he could hear his heart beating loudly inside the ribcage. He saw Sehun slowly made his way to him, grabbed the violin and his facial expression was so unreadable.

“I’m sorry…”

Luhan mumbled again and this time his boyfriend actually put it aside to pay attention to him, a caring smile plastered on his face.

“It’s okay. Did you get hurt?”

It sounded sincere but somehow inside Luhan’s head it seemed more than that. He was too focused on how to explain the situation that he didn’t realize his face was so scared, it sent wrinkle to Sehun’s forehead. The younger quickly reached out to pull his arms to check and let out a relieved breath as he found no bruise on them.

“Babe?”

Without even thinking, the Chinese pouted his lips and crawled over to wrap his arms around the other’s waist, digging his face into the crock of his young lover’s neck. He was the one insisted to learn and now the only one who caused a serious damage. Sehun loved him for sure but he also loved that violin very much and he might hug it sleeping at night too, who knew. So let forget about all the manly or cool things he had said before and try to act as cute as possible because Sehun could never resist his aegyo.

“Please don’t be mad….”

“Don’t worry I’m not.” the latter comforted him by rubbing his back gently though he’s a bit confused about his baby deer’s sudden action.

“I just touched it and bam, it’s broken. I’m sorry…”

“Babe, it’s just a….”

“I’ll buy you a new one I promise. But can it wait until next month cuz I don’t think I have enough in my back account now. Can you borrow one from your professor? Or your friend? I know I cause you a lot trouble….”

Luhan continued with his wheedling voice and it seemed like he totally didn’t catch the word “spare one” Sehun had mumbled in the last sentence. He’s willing to play innocent the whole afternoon if it’s necessary. After all, it would be a waste if he didn’t practice any of those in aegyo class with Baekhuyn he had last month.

 

                                                                                                *******

 

“You know what, I think you’re right.”

After Luhan acted ridiculously adorable the whole afternoon until the younger assured him twice that he was not angry with him, they were cuddling on the sofa, watching a movie even though none of them actually paid attention to it.

“What?” Sehun arched his brow, hands perfectly held the other’s body close to his.

“The thing you said before.” Luhan lowered his voice and stirred a bit to find the right angle “I guess I should focus on what I’m good at.”

The Korean didn’t have a chance to laugh since his stubborn boyfriend finally took his advice when he found a hand sneak under his shirt and started moving to the north.

“What are you doing?”

A smirk hovered on Luhan’s lips as he broke their embrace, crawled over the latter and peppered his face with chaste kisses

“Told ya. I’m practicing what I’m good at.”

Although it’s not exactly what Sehun had suggested previously, he didn’t want to correct it anytime soon.

Because Luhan didn’t overstate it at all. He’s really good at seducing.