Narrow Escape

7th Generation

I slowly opened my eyes as I felt a wind blowing to my face. I slowly got up but my legs only God knows how painful they were. I then saw a bundle not far from me. I quickly went near to the person. I looked around and I saw smoke a bit far from my current place. I quickly carried the person next to me and went straight to where the smoke is.

I found out that the smoke came from a medium-sized house. I stepped in front of the door and knocked three times. As the door opened, I was surprised myself.

"John Park-hyung!" I exclaimed.

"Kevin!" John-hyung said. John-hyung looked at me then turned to the person next to me. He gave a quesioned look.

"Details later, right now may I have a room?" I asked.

"Oh sure, sure upstairs on the left" he said. I went to the room that John-hyung said and put Jessica on the bed. As I went out of the room, I found John-hyung was standing outside.

"I didn't you already have a lady, hmm?" John-hyung said. I let out a sigh.

"Hyung, she's not what you think she is" I said.

"Alright then, come down, I made some hot chocolate" hyung said. I followed him as he made his way downstairs.

 

I took a sip of the hot chocolate. John-hyung then sat opposite me. "So what brings you here?" he asked. I then told him everything that had happened. The bomb, the military and Jessica.

"So this Jessica girl is a servant and you need to capture her and bring her to the General?" John-hyung said. I nodded.

"Well that's a funny thing to do, so who is this so-called 'General'?" John-hyung asked.

"Wow, you really don't know anything about the world, do you?" I asked.

"Don't insult me, boy, I just don't want to mind other people's business, that's all!" John-hyung said. I let out a sigh.

"Yoon Doo Joon" I said. John-hyung frozed. 

"Wait, what? Doo Joon?" he asked.

"Yeah why? Is there something bothering you?" I asked.

"Nothing just, I knew him, well a long time ago to be exact" he said.

"Really?" I asked.

"He was my friend but he suddenly disappeared without a word and that was the last sight I've seen of him" hyung said. I sat silently while I hear hyung's story.

"Nothing? No new at all?" I asked. John-hyung shooked his head. Strange, why did he suddenly disappeared?

"Well, it's getting late, you should get some sleep" John-hyung said as he got up from his chair. I wonder if Jessica is up yet.


Jessica's POV

 

I opened my eyes and found that I'm in a room. I got up and saw my arm an legs were bandaged, who bandaged me? More importantly, where am I? Then the door opened and it was the soldier earlier. 

"Oh, you're up!" he said as he put a bowl a porridge next to me.

"Where am I?" I asked shortly. 

"At my old friend's house, no need to worry, he's okay" he said. I just sat silently.

"You must be hungry, right? I made some porridge, hope you like it" he said. He took a spoon of the porridge pointed at me. I didn't want it at first but since I didn't anything since yesterday, I should at least take. I ate the porridge.

"How is it?" he asked.

"Adequate" I said shortly.

"Oh is it? Looks like I should improve my cooking skills..." he scratched his head.

"I lied..." I said.

"What?" 

"It very delicious...thank you" I could feel my face started to turned tomato.

"Oh, is it then? Are your wounds okay?" he asked.

"Their fine, did you bandaged me?" I asked.

"Yeah why?" he said. 

"I must be a burden to you, sorry..." I said. 

"It was nothing, I bandaged my troops when they got hurt" he said. I nodded lightly. He's not that kind of bad person that I thought he would be, completely different.

"What happened to us, at the garage?" I asked. He then turned at me.

"It was a close call, when it the bomb had a few seconds left, I realized that we had a window. I tried to wake you but you had passed out so carried to you and knocked the window out. By the time we jumped, the garage had exploded. That's exactly took 0.23 seconds between our jump and the explosion" he said. It's so detailed, obviously he is a soldier.

I was about to say something but he got up from the bed. "It's late, you should probably rest" he said as he pulled the blanket.

Before he left, I mangaed to stop him.

"Wait!" 

"Yes?"

"I don't know your name yet"

"Kevin, Kevin Woo" he said. Kevin Woo...sounds familiar. He then closed door and I lied down on the bed. 

"He wasn't as bad I thought..."