Capture

7th Generation

Jessica's POV

I woke up and saw the colour green everywhere. As I looked around, I found out that slept under a tree and Krystal was sleeping beside me. I adjusted my sit and looked around. It was quite calm than usual. Well, almost. The sky was getting darker, it's going to rain I guess.

Then I felt like something was hanging on my collar. Then I remembered something. I took out a small, round-shaped, silver-coloured locket that I have been wearing it ever since my dad was still alive. My mother died when Krystal was born, leaving my dad alone to take care both of us. I remembered his faces clearly but I couldn't remember any memories with him. I've been thinking about it lately. The only memory I could remember was when my dad gave me this locket when I was little.

-flashback-

"Sooyeon-ah, come here!" As I heard my dad called me, I stopped playing with my toys.

"Appa!" as I ran to my dad. I gave him a tight hug.

"Aigoo~ my little girl is growing every time I see you!" Dad looked down to me and pinched my left cheek.

"No I'm not! I want to stay a kid" I gave a grumpy face.

"Everyone will grow up, Sooyeon-ah, even I will" Dad gave his warmly smile to me.

"Even Krystal?" I innocently asked.

"Even she will grow up" My dad said. Then, he took out something from his jacket pocket. It was the silver, round locket. 

"What is that, appa?" I asked. 

"Open your hand" he said. I didn't know why he asked me to but I just do it. Then, he gave the locket to me.

"Appa...why are you-"

"Take it."

"..."

"It's just a little present from me...I don't know but someday you'll need it" Dad said. I was clueless of what Dad said at that moment and I was hoping to find the answer why but it was too late.

That night, the house was burnt and all I can see was fire around me. Krystal quickly grabbed on to me but I couldn't see dad anywhere. All I could see was fire.

"Unnie...where's appa?" Krystal cried.

"I don't know...let's find him!" I quickly calmed Krystal. Without thinking straight, I quickly took the risk and searched for Dad in the fire. Then, finally I found Dad at his couch, playing his violin. I was shocked of his doings. He was supposed to run away but instead he was just sitting there as if nothing happened.

"Appa! Let's go!" I grabbed Dad's hand but he let go.

"Appa! Come on! It's dangerous here!" I exclaimed. That moment, Dad hugged me. I could feel tears dropping from his eyes.

"Appa, why are you-"

"Promise me, Sooyeon, promise me that you will continue to live and protect your sister" his voice was sounded shaking. I was clueless of what he said.

"Appa..."

"Looks like I'll be joining your Mother not for long, now please go!"

He then grabbed me and Krystal and threw us to the window as the window broke to pieces. As I fell to the ground, I quickly get up and saw the fire was burning lightly at the floor that we fell from. I couldn't help myself but screamed.

 

 

"APPA!!!"

 

-End of flashback-

My tears dropped endlessly as I played that moment in my mind. I couldn't beared to remember it once again but how could I? I thought for many times why would dad kill himself? But I'm still clueless about it. Those last words: "Promise me, Sooyeon, promise me that you will continue to live and protect your sister" My tears started to flow again.

I opened up the locket and it was a picture of my Dad, my Mom and me when I was an infant. Seeing that picture threw my sadness away. 

"I miss you, Dad~" I said to myself. But then, Krystal woke.

"What was that, unnie?" Krystal asked, half-asleep. I quickly kept the locket back to it's place.

"Oh, it was nothing" I said.

"You've been acting weird lately, are you okay?" Krystal asked.

"I'm fine, no worries..." I said.

Then, suddenly my mouth was shut closed by a hand. I tried to let myself go but no use. The other person grabbed Krystal but before she could screamed for help, she got hit by a bat stick at the back of her head and fainted.

"KRYSTAL!!"

I tried to free myself but instead I got hit to my stomach and fell to the ground. I could only see Krystal being dragged away from me. I couldn't even move a muscle as I was half-fainted.

"Kry...stal.."


As I opened my eyes from my deep 'sleep', I realized that I was in a room, not just any room, it was the Military's garage B. I didn't expected myself to be here. I tried to free myself up but my hands and legs were tighted up. 

Before I would do anything, Krystal suddenly came to my thought. Where is Krystal? I thought. I began to worry about her. The last time I saw back at the woods. Then, I found a knife not far from my spot and tried to cut the rope. As I was free from the rope, I tried to bust the door open but nothing happened. Perhaps the door was chained from the outside. 

I tried to bust again but instead my hands ere bleeding. I stopped my action and just sat at the corner and started to cry. "Sorry Dad. I couldn't kept my promise" I said. I didn't know what to do at that moment.

Moments later, I heard chain sounds from outside as if someone unlocking the chain. I quickly grabbed the knife earlier and slowly approached to the door. As the door opened, it was the soldier that I met at the woods.

"Why.are.you.here?" I said coldly.

"I figured you would say that" as he entered the garage. I swiftly pointed the knife to him.

"I trusted you! I trusted you that you won't harm me and my sister!" I exclaimed. He remained silent.

"Well, don't you have anything to say?!" I shouted.

"I was relieved that you were still alive instead of dead" he said.

"Why would you say that? You ordered your troops to-"

"I didn't sent them" he said. I was shocked.

"What?"

"I figured that my troops were ordered by someone else to capture you and I didn't been informed anything about it" he said.

"Was it the General?" I asked.

"Maybe" he said. Then I snapped myself back.

"Why would I trust you? It was your troops! I recognized them" I said.

"How do you know that I'm lying, Ms Jessica Jung?" he moved closer to me leaving a little gap between us.

"Because you're t-the bad g-guy" I blushed as he moved even closer. What am I doing? I thought.

"If I'm lying, I won't be doing this" He leaned in and our lips touched. I tried to broke the kiss but he soon gave the kiss a little pressure and I couldn't resist it. I thought I was going crazy. We stood there for a few minutes and blushed as we broke the kiss for some air.

 

 

 

(A/V: Hey guys! Sorry if it took too long for me to update T T I was quite busy studying for my big exam in 2 months. Finally I found a the right time to write :) See you later!)