Fireflies

Let's End It Here (여기서 끝내자)

 

 

Song: Noise of Wind by Maysecond

Kai

 

I laid awake in bed staring at the white ceiling, watching the as the shadows slowly get pushed away by the sunrise streaming through my window.

Another day.

 

My head pounded from the lack of sleep. After hearing my alarm I decided to get up and get ready to work.

 

Turning on the knob I let the hot water hit my skin, lightly burning. The change of temperature woke me up a little as it streamed out of the shower head.

 

I took one last look at myself in the hallway mirror, Hair slicked back not a strand out of place, Silk tie perfectly knotted, but my eyes.

 

I hated how they always betrayed me. small dark circles formed under them from my restless night.

I stepped out of my apartment.

 

That girl.

 

I stood there for a while staring at her door. I found myself slowly walking towards it, wanting to press my ears on the wood. wanting to hear some sort of confirmation. Wondering If she lied about yesterday, If she lasted through the night.

 

For some reason the thought made me nervous. Would I be the last one to have seen her alive.

I don't know why I was caring at all...

 

I turned and walked away.

 

"Good Morning Mr. Kim" the lobby security greeted me along with other employees.

 

I bowed to them in return.

"KAI!!!"

 

I stopped and frowned. I turned around to see Baekhyun with a grin on his face half jogging towards me. He was waving around a folder, it's contents almost spilling out.

 

I shook my head. I could see the employees whispering amongst themselves.

 

"Ya, I told you to stop calling me that."I told him as we both step in the elevator. He was way too bright this morning.

 

"Hahaha, you're way too grumpy in the mornings, Jongin. And wow, I just noticed you look terrible!"

 

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes.

 

"Aish Jongin, tell your secretary to put extra in your coffee."

 

I gave him the look and the elevator doors opened.

 

"Ok ok I'll shut up, but can't wait to tell you the good news about the contract!!"

 

"So did it work out?"

 

"Yes, but I'll tell more details during the meeting with the board later." He waved and walked the opposite direction.

 

I headed to my office and was greeted by my secretary.

 

"Good morning, sir."

 

 

"What's the schedule for today?"

 

"Board meeting at 3 pm and a Lunch appointment at 12:30 with the PR department from S Market"

 

"Is that all?"

 

"Yes, so far."

 

"Oh and reschedule that interview to next week and send them a basket or something, and request them to move the location here instead. And can you add tripple shots to my coffee"

 

"Got it. And Mr. Kim..."

 

I looked up and she handed me an envelope. It was a wedding invitation.

 

"Congratulations"

 

"Thank you sir." She smiled happily and walked out.

 

I stared at the Wedding Invitation in my hand.

 

Flashback

"Will you stay with me even if I didn't have anything?" we laid on the bed in each others embrace.

 

"What do you mean... Ya! Kim Jongin you're saying weird things again"

 

"I'm just asking... If I didn't have money, If I lost everything?"

 

"Hmm..."

 

"If my family disowned me?"

 

"Hahaha. Ya! Stop joking around" she lightly hit my arm and laughed

 

"No really... What would you do? would you go away with me if I didn't have anything" I turned to her and looked her in the eyes.

 

"Well... Love doesn't put food on the table..."

 

"So you would leave me."

 

"Maybe...But that would never happen so stop thinking about it."

 

"I'm serious."

 

"You can't be serious! We've talked about this before, don't start acting up again."

 

I stared at her. Shocked, my heart slowly being dripped with acid in form of her words.

 

"Why do you always put me on the spot like this. Yes!! I would leave you, How do you expect me to survive?" Her voice started raising.

 

I stared at her wide eyed, like being hit by a bullet. I clutched onto her tightly from the pain without even noticing.

 

"Ouch! Let me go!! You know what, I'm sick and tired of all your drama! Why can't you just be happy with what you have? It's over Jongin. God!! You can go ahead and leave everything you have and be poor if that's what you really want. I'll find myself someone else that can give me everything I want. UGH!!"

 

She slammed the door behind her, her stinging words slowly splitting my heart into pieces.

 

End of Flashback

 

After that I decided to abandon all needless feelings.

 

Feelings that will hinder me, hold me back, weaken me. Any familiar feelings of fear, happiness, love.

 

I live for the satisfaction I want to feel.

 

My father once told me " Son, money is what people live for, it's what people need to live."

 

I hated him for saying that. I hated money, but I couldn't escape it. It was true.

 

With money I have everything I needed but I never was happy.

 

And Love?

 

Love is like fireflies.

 

We first see it, get captured by its light and how it lights up a dark room. That feeling it gives us, we want it for our own.

 

We chase those fireflies, capturing it and storing it in a mason jar. Sometimes showing it off to others but the joy of knowing its our own.

 

But those after awhile it becomes suffocated in that jar. Its light slowly fading, it starts dying off one by one. Until we are alone again in that dark room.

 

Our jars empty.

 

For that man, love was like that.

 

______________________________________________

Thanks for the comments!!

even if I only have a few readers, your comments really make me want to write even more!

so please comment on what you think ^-^/

hehehe Like Sena, Jongin is bitter about his first love too >.<

Oh and Baekhyun little cameo hehehe other EXO members will pop up once in a while!!

 

XOXO