Shaken

Let's End It Here (여기서 끝내자)

 

 

 

 

 

 

music is in Japanese this time ^-^

 

Kai.

 

I handed my card to the waitress. The five hundred dollar meal settled well in my stomach.

 

“So.. my proposal. Think about it.” the man got up and shook my hand.

 

I smirked. I knew what his motives were. He wanted money. My father might have let him slip but he wasn’t going to get it as long as I’m around.

 

“Bastard” I thought to myself.

 

I have only been in Seoul for a week and I was already getting this .

Pissed off, I got in my car and drove well above the speed limit back to my apartment, earning me many honks and dirty looks from other drivers.

 

I parked my car in the underground parking and headed towards the lobby. As I was walking in the hallway towards my apartment I saw an open door on a far corner leading towards a stairwell. I found myself heading towards them and walking up the stairs wondering where it will take me. The rooftop perhaps.

Going up the flight of stairs, I pushed the door to be greeted by the breeze.

My eyes adjusted to the change of light. I scanned the rooftop and to my surprise saw her standing there.

 

I felt like time had stopped.

 

I didn’t know if I was just seeing things but after staring for a good minute, I knew I wasn’t just imagining it.

 

For the second time in my life I didn’t know what to do.

 

“” I muttered to myself. My heart was beating a mile a second.

 

I almost ran to where she was but not wanting to scare her I didn’t make a sound.

“Don’t jump. Don’t jump” I chanted in my head, I didn’t want to witness something like this.

 

I didn’t really care if she would jump or not,  but being at this point, this situation I lost my reason.

 

Right as I was about to reach her the wind suddenly swayed her a bit.

 

“Stop!” I heard myself yell.

 

I grabbed her and pull her towards me.

 

We both fell to the hard cement.

 

I got up wanting to ask if she was alright but I felt my body shaking.

 

It was my neighbor. I had already forgotten her name but that didn’t matter.

 

She looked up at me, her face confused.

 

“Ya!” I knew I shouldn't yell at a stranger who was about to kill themself but I was still shaken up. I didn’t know what to say.

 

Her face softened. She sat down and leaned back to the wall and stared on the ground.

 

After a while I found myself sitting down and staring at the clouds.

I sighed. I could still feel the adrenaline slowly wearing out making my body feel tired and tensed.

 

I looked at her wondering what is going through her mind.

Deep inside my black heart I slightly felt sorry for her.

Sorry that I might have stopped her from doing what she wanted the most.

 

I reached to my pocket and took out a pack of cigarettes. I took one out and placed it between my lips. I tried to light it but the breeze kept putting out the flame. She must have seen my attempts, She then came closer and cupped her palms to block the wind.

 

“Cigarettes are bad for your health” she said not hiding her frown.

 

This was coming from the girl that was going to kill herself.

 

I in the smoke,  letting it corrupt my lungs.

Like a whole lot of other things, I didn’t care.

I looked at her while she settled back against the wall, studying her face, her features. She was pretty, it wasn’t like those plastic surgery clones you see on television.

Han Sena... I remembered her name.

I wonder what was going through her mind. She wasn’t crying, No. Maybe it was because of a man. Maybe she was just tired of living her life.

 

We sat there for a while, looking at nothing until the sun started setting. The skies slowly got darker.

 

“We should go” I stood up and walked towards the doors.

To be honest, I didn’t know what to say to her but I was glad when I heard her footsteps following me. We walked slowly down the stairs and down to the end of the hallway to where our apartments were. As I opened my door, I felt something tug on my arm. I turned around and faced her.

 

“I.. I don’t want you to misunderstood. Back there...I wasn’t trying to kill myself. Sorry for putting you in that position, but ...thank you.”  She bowed

 

With that she turned around and disappeared behind her apartment door.

 

That night Seoul thunder roared and lightning lighted the sky. The raindrops tapped on my window.

 

I tossed and turned in bed, pulling my blankets then kicking them away five minutes later.

 

That night I dreamed it was me on that ledge.

 

_________________________________________

 

Hope you liked this chapter ^-^

I updated fast didn't I? kekeke

What did you think about this chapter?

XOXO