Chapter 3

The Crack Dealers Store




 

After school had ended, Haeri called up her mother 'hey mum? yea im going to be out shopping with Mina so you dont need to pick me up. Eh? when did this happen? ah i see, okay bye' Haeri hung upand turned to Mina
'lets go'
'what happened? ' asked Mina
'the car broke down so i have to walk to school and back back home for a few days'
'awh thats no good'
'its fine, i need exercise anyway'

Both girls walked for a bit until Haeri stopped, 'isnt this..the way to my house?'
'eheh yea! now come on, stop wasting time!' Mina took Haeri's arm and tugged onto it 'i really want to go into that store'
They both kept walking until the finally stopped at their destination
'this is...the crack dealers store...' Haeri said quietly
'crack dealer? are you serious?' Mina was shocked at first but soon burst out laughing 'where did you hear that from?! i heard from people at school that there are pretty good bargains for things, lets just look around okay?'

The door jingled as Mina opened it. She noticed that Haeri stood at the doorstep and didnt intend to move
'Ri, its just a shop. Nothing bad is going to happen and its not like you're going to be arrested for looking around right?'

truee.. thought Haeri, i guess it wouldnt hurt to look right?. At the back of her mind she remembered her promise to her dad but pushed it away. sorry dad..i'll make it up to you next time

Haeri took a step and that made Mina satisfied. Soon they were both finally in the store


'oh we meet again' greeted Chanyeol
Mina looked at Haeri 
'you didnt tell me you knew the worker here..'
'ah things happened and yea..'
'i forgot to ask for your name and by the time i remembered, you had already gone home' laughed Chanyeol 'did you manage not to trip?'

Haeri wanted to smack Chanyeol but decided to refrain herself 
'no i did not trip. Im Haeri and this is my best friend Mina'
Mina waved shyly and turned away to hide her blushing face. It was normal for her to react that way. Every cute boy she talked to always seemed to make her flush a lot.
'well uh, take a look around and if you need anything, then asked alright?' Chanyeol smiled warmly
'okay'

Haeri and Mina decided to split up to look at things, mainly because they had different tastes in items. Everything in the store didnt really appeal to Haeri, the toys and plushies were cute but it was sort of creepy how they just stared at you and smiled. She moved from shelf to shelf, looked at all the jewelry, tried out a few of the stationary, sorted through the cosmetics but no, it was just boring. That is, until she came across a large mirror.

The mirror was right at the back of the store. It was covered with a cloth but part of it wasnt so it was easy to spot. Well, maybe it was just because Haeri had realy good sight.

Haeri moved closer to the mirror, it was just breathtakingly magnificent. The wood of the mirror had such fine details, every single carving seemed to create different images but Haeri wasnt sure what they were. Before Haeri could pull the cloth off, she turned to look at Chanyeol and Mina. Chanyeol was busy...trying to sniff some powder-like substance in his hand in secret (but failing so miserably since Haeri could see him from afar) and Mina was in deep concentration, trying to choose the perfect lipstick.

Haeri shrugged her shoulders and just pulled the cloth off. Words appeared at the top of the mirror and so she mumbled them slowly
                  "when there is day, there is night and when there is night, there is day. Open the doors and take me away"

Haeri started to shake. She began to panic and turned around to call for help but her heart stopped as she saw Chanyeol and Mina slowly disappear before her eyes. Her voice refused to come out so she just stared. Was this the end of her life? great, im dying on my birthday. Tears threatened to fall out but Haeri refused to cry. After that, everything just turned black.

-----

Chanyeol stopped sniffing because something didnt feel right. He turned around to see Mina looking at the lipstick with full concentration, then he turned to look at Haeri 
'ah shes looking at the mirror heheheh...WAIT WHAT?!'
Before Chanyeol could do anything, Haeri was gone. He then started to panic and tugged onto his hair- oh god im going to die
'u-uh Mina..'
Mina snapped out of her concentration and looked up
'yes?'
'uhm y-you see..i need to c-close the shop now'

'awh i just got here..' Mina pouted and turned around to usher Haeri out with her 'eh? where did Ri go?'
's-she went to do something for me b-because i couldnt leave the store..and she didnt want to disturb you..'
Mina nodded in understanding 'ah okay then, well, i'll come back another day'
Chanyeol smiled at Mina as she left the shop. Once she was gone, his smile had vanished and it was replaced with panic. He got out his phone quickly and fumbled with tapping the numbers
'HYUNG, SOMETHING HAPPENED COME HERE QUICK'

In a matter of minutes, a group of boys rushed into the store. 'CHANYEOL! what happened?'
'L-Luhan hyung...uh well you see..'
Luhan rolled his eyes 'just tell me, hurry up'
Chanyeol fiddled with his fingers before taking a deep breath
'w-while i was taking the medication, i didnt realize that a girl had uncovered the cloth of the mirror..'
Luhans breathing stopped and he could feel his friends behind him start to panic
'-and so..i guess she read the words..and went..there'

A tall male stepped forward and hit Chanyeol on the back of his head
'you idiot!'
'OWWW, KRIS THAT HURT'
Kris rolled his eyes 'we need to find that girl before trouble starts'
Everyone nodded agreeing with Kris. Chanyeol went to the door and locked it, flipping the sign over to show that the store was now closed. Together they all walked towards the mirror and said the exact words as Haeri had mumbled. Darkness engulfed them all until a bright light apeared their way.

-----

Haeri sat up slowly. The bright sun blinded her for abit but she soon got use to it and looked around. Haeri didnt know where she was but it sure felt like she was dreaming. There were flowers everywhere on the lush greenery of cultivated grass that stretched far and wide. Birds flew around freely and the air seemed a lot clearer and cleaner. Haeri stood up and took a step. She noticed that with each step she took, small flowers would sprout around her feet and that surprised her. She turned around to see where she had just laid and saw that the flowers had also grown accordingly to the shape of her body. It was just unreal.

'hello' a small voice broke the peaceful bond Haeri was having with nature and she turned around to find a boy standing there looking at her. He had features that reminded her of an angel; White skin, soft pink lips and mesmerizing eyes that seemed to hypnotize her. 'im Suho, you must be from earth right?'

What on earth was this Suho guy talking about? Haeri thought he was crazy but decided not to say anything too rash since it might offend him.
'earth? you talk like we're not on earth right now' said Haeri slowly. Suho laughed 'ah so i guess Chanyeol didnt look after the mirror properly? you seem confused, lets take a walk shall we? i'll explain some things'

Haeri followed Suho slowly, being mindful to be on alert since she might be attacked at any moment. Suho noticed this and chuckled

'hmmm, where shall i start? first of all you are in Delion, a place similar to earth but not as polluted i guess. You see, there are actually two worlds but Delion has been cast into the shaddows so people on earth nowadays dont even know of our existence. Actually, i dont think people know about our existence anymore besides a few of our people residing on earth'
Haeri stared at Suho
'so..you expect me to believe all this?'
'haha, it's your choice wether or not you want to believe me. Now where was i? oh, although i said we were similar to earth, that doesnt actually mean we're the same okay? I guess you could say our lifestyles and homes are a whole lots different...You'll see what i mean later on'

Suho decided to switch topics since he didnt want to give too much information away.
'so what is your name? you havent introduced yourself to me yet'
'sorry..im Haeri..and i uh, stumbled here by accident while browsing around the store'
'ah Chanyeol is going to get into trouble'

'why?'
'he was supposed to guard the mirror to make sure nothing happens..but i guess nothing could be done to him yet since we dont have a ruler anymore'
'what happened to the ruler?'
'disappeared'

Suho's face turned dark but it went away as soon as he saw a small village up ahead
'dont mind the mess around here, its still all under construction'
Haeri's eyes widened as she saw the village. Unlike the tall buildings on earth, Delion seemed to appreciate nature a lot more. Most of the houses were part of the hills. Rows of bumps were arranged neatly side by side one another indicating that that was where each family lived. There were even gigantic mushrooms and they were being used as houses too. what.

In the distance away from the village, Haeri noticed a small visible pathway that led towards a huge castle. There were high walls made out of long, large vines that hung from trees which surrounded the castle and honestly, it looked dead. Just as Haeri was about to ask Suho about the castle, an ear piercing scream shot through the air, followed by loud sobbing. Suho quickly ran towards where the scream came from and stopped dead once he got there.

Blood.



-----------------
so much typos and things i swear...didnt reread this so it might not make sense ahah