009

Sworn Enemies (Slow updates)

‘Mum is so mean, Liz.’ I pouted to my best friend when I called her while waiting for Kyuhyun.

 

‘It’s only grocery shopping. She’s not asking you marry Kyuhyun right?’

 

‘Don’t ever tell that in front of mum. She might get ideas.’  I yawned.

 

‘Still haven’t sleep yet, Mia?’

 

‘I have exam tomorrow. Sleep is not an option.’

 

‘I don’t know what to do with you.’ Liz sighed. I said my goodbyes and it was my turn to sigh.

 

It was Thursday and mum wants me to get a few things for Friday night where the Adams and Chos would have their bonding time together. I don’t understand why the adults were so keen on continuing this ritual.

 

There were so many rituals were cancelled because of me and Kyuhyun and they threaten to us not to spoil this ritual.

 

‘Friday night is a very special for us, especially for Jules. Don’t ruin it.’ Aunt Jen would always threaten us.

 

Luckily, Kyuhyun won’t be attending Friday night.

 

Hallelujah!

 

‘Amelia, stop daydreaming about me and start buying the things in the list.’

 

‘Obnoxious bastard.’ I cursed silently.

 

I tried to take the tomato sauce from the shelf but I was too short for it. I eyed at the evil bottle as though it was mocking me. I sighed. I tried tiptoeing but it was useless.

 

‘You can’t do anything by yourself, Amelia.’ Kyuhyun got the bottle easily, trapping me against his body. I accidently inhaled his scent and memories hit me.

***

‘Don’t listen to them, baby Mia. I like you.’

 

‘But I’m a girl, oppa.’ I cried.

 

We were playing in the sandbox at the park near our house when Jake, Gus and Allen kicked our hard built sandcastle that we built. Not only they destroyed our creation but they made fun of me again for being a girl and Kyuhyun shouldn’t be friends with me, leaving me crying my eyes out.

 

‘So? You’re the most awesome girl I ever met. You’re my baby Mia. Always is.’ Kyuhyun hugged me, risking the possibilities that he might get cooties.

 

 

His scent always calms me down.

 

 Always.

***

Not anymore.

 

I pushed Kyuhyun down before I could go crazy.

 

‘Hey, what is that for?’ Kyuhyun was bewildered.

 

I ignored him and continued with the grocery shopping.

 

I almost screamed for joy when I saw ice-creams in front of me, waiting for me to claim them.

 

‘Pig, ice-cream is out of the list.’

 

‘But it’s ice-cream.’ I pouted.

 

‘You’re such a vanilla fanatic.’

 

I stared at him.

 

‘What? Am I that handsome?’ He bragged which made me scoff.

 

He still remembered my favourite flavour. Then I laughed to myself.

 

Of course.

 

That horrible scene we made hit me like Tsunami.

 

Obviously, he would never forget it.

***

‘That’s my ice-cream jerk.’ My twelve year old self jumped on the thirteen year old boy.

 

He tried to throw me on the ground but I have an abnormal strength for the 12 years old kid. I was a kind of a tomboy kid.

 

Still is, I admit.

 

am a tomboy with a long hair. It’s not my fault anyway. I grew up with Kyuhyun, making me less ladylike.

 

I covered his eyes to distract him but realised it was a big mistake when he crashed into Aunt Jenny’s valuable vase. We somehow broke the television which was 2 days old. Uncle Steve and Aunt Jenny were furious, not forgetting mum.

 

We were sent to Kyuhyun’s room to reflect on our mistake. The adults will never learn from their mistakes.

 

Me and Kyuhyun. In the same room?

 

Tsk tsk.

 

‘It’s your fault. I only ate an ice-cream which was in my house’s fridge.’ Kyuhyun fumed while sitting on his bed.

 

‘First of all, it’s not only an ice-cream. It’s a vanilla ice-cream. Uncle Steve bought for me because I got an A for Art.’ 


14/07/2013

10:00pm