006

Sworn Enemies (Slow updates)

Mum was cleaning the attic when she called me up to show me something.

 

‘What is it mum?’

 

‘Look at these. Your childhood pictures.’ Mum smiled at the memories she was holding in her hand.

 

 

 

    

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Imagine it's Kyuhyun and Mia)

 

‘Yuck, mum. It’s pictures of the jerk and me.’ I frown in disgust as I sat beside her.

 

I do have to admit. Jerk face was adorable when he’s young.

 

He WAS adorable.

 

Past tense.

 

‘Remember this?’ Mum held a picture in her hand while I tried to figure out when it was taken.

 

I remembered.

 

‘Oh mum. Can’t I just burn this?’ I pleaded.

 

‘Why? It’s cute.’

***

‘Oppa, they were bullying me again.’ Little six years old Mia cried to her seven years old friend which the little boy automatically hugged protectively around Mia.

 

It was a backyard party which the Chos’ organised for Kyuhyun’s cousin birthday and the kids were playing with each while the adults were having their own gathering.

 

‘You jerks!’ Kyuhyun shouted at the trios: Jake, Allen and Gus.

 

Mia was always the victim for the three of them. This time they pushed Mia down and told that she was ugly to be around Kyuhyun and that Kyuhyun hated to be with her, a girl.

 

‘Hey, come on. We were only joking around, Kyuhyun. That cry baby can’t even take a joke. You should mix with us.’ Jake laughed at Mia’s pitiful sight.

 

‘I’ll never be friends with those who made my Mia cried.’ Kyuhyun shouted childishly.

 

It was a simple act but at that time Mia thought Kyuhyun was her saviour.

 

‘Let’s go guys. We wouldn’t want to be with these losers.’ Gus snorted with the other two followed behind him.

 

‘They are gone, Mia. Don’t cry. I’ll be sad if you don’t stop. Baby Mia.’ Kyuhyun tried to wipe off her falling tears.

 

‘I’ll kiss you if you don’t stop.’ Kyuhyun threaten knowing Mia would get intimidated by this.

 

Hey, it was during the time children think that kissing could get you cooties. Mia’s eyes widen but she failed miserably to stop crying.

 

‘You leave me no choice, baby Mia.’ Kyuhyun kissed her cheek with her enlarging her eyes.

 

That moment was captured by the photographer who was in charge of the party.

 

 

***

‘I miss baby Mia.’ Mum sighed. I rolled my eyes at the nickname that jerk gave me.

 

‘Mum, you know I hate that name.’

 

‘Fine. I miss those days, Mia. When Kyuhyun and you were civilize to each other. When Jenny was able to walk. When old faithful was actually faithful. When I was still in high school.’

 

‘Wow mum. Flashback much?’

 

Mum kept quiet.

 

We were going thru my old baby album when a photo slipped out. Mum picked it up and laughed at it. I was left puzzle.

 

‘Mum?’

 

‘Look at this.’ She was still laughing.

 

‘That jerk.’ I shouted, grabbing the photo and headed towards the Chos’ house.


11/04/2015

1055pm