Seven.

Because of You

 

Woohyun shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he forced out a smile for the girl sitting beside him. She’s been talking non-stop since dinner started and the rest of his family seems to be enjoying her conversation, even though he didn’t find it interesting at all. In fact, she seems a bit out there, too outspoken for his liking.

If this was the girl his parents want him to marry, he has to find a way to get himself out of the situation quick.

And besides, he doesn’t want this dinner. He doesn’t want to meet Kim Hyunah, the girl who has managed to win his parents heart, he isn’t even in the slightest but interested in her. He just wants to know what Chorong was up to at that moment, hiding herself behind the kitchen doors, ever since Hyunah arrived.

Jihyun eyed her brother curiously from the seat opposite of him. Her eyes then darted over towards the kitchen direction and a small smile crept on her face. Silly boy. He was making everything so obvious.

“So Hyunah...”Jihyun found her way through the conversation when the perky girl paused for awhile to catch her breath. “I heard you’re ending college soon? Which course did you major in?”

“Oh! I’m taking Arts and Theatre. You know, my lecturer picked me...”

“Woohyun,” Jihyun interrupted gently, shooting the girl beside him an apologetic smile. “Will you be a darling and head over towards the kitchen for our dessert? I think we’re going to sit here for quite awhile more, so it’ll be nice to talk over something sweet and light.”

As soon as the words left , Hyunah immediately launched on about her new musical that she had been chosen for. Both their parents were too engrossed in her story to notice Woohyun leaving the dining table quietly, giving her sister a grateful smile as he passed by.

Jihyun just smiled to herself, nodding her head slightly in understament as she tried her best to act enthusiastic about Hyunah’s little story.

Doo Joon glanced back and forth the two siblings in confusion, yet he didn’t ask anything. Some things are after all, better left unsaid.

 

Woohyun closed the kitchen door gently behind him. His eyes scanned around the spacious space and saw that Mrs Kim was nowhere in sight, and only Chorong was left cutting up slices of fruits by the sink. He made his way towards her slowly, tiptoeing quietly in order to surprise her from behind.

About two feet away from her, she suddenly let out a small yelp and the knife she was holding, dropped into the sink with a loud clatter.  

He was beside her in mere seconds and grabbed hold of her hand immediately. Blood was already trickling down from the cut on her index finger. Without saying anything, he the tap and placed her hand underneath the running water.

Chorong, who was too stunned by his sudden presence, remained silent as she let him attend to her wound; which was now left as a deep gash when the blood was already washed away.

“You should’ve been more careful,” he started while opening the cabinets, searching for their first aid kit. “What if it had been a deeper cut?”

“Young master...”

“Or worst, what if you had cut off your own finger?” Woohyun carried on blabbering as he tear open the first aid kit and rummaged through it for a plaster. “If you’re too tired, take a break. Where is Mrs Kim anyway? I thought you guys were supposed to do this together.”

“Young master...” Chorong tried again, this time in a slightly louder voice.

“Aish, I leave you for just awhile and this happens,” he continued to nag at her while wrapping up her injured finger with the new plaster he had found. “So this means I have to constantly look after you and...”

“Young master!” she put full force into her voice the third time, and it finally made Woohyun glance up in surprise.

“Were you...did you say something?”

Despite the current situation, despite the awkwardness which had been caused between them for the past few days, Chorong couldn’t help but to smile in amusement when Woohyun continued to blabber anxiously over a single cut on her finger. The fuss that he was making was incredibly silly, yet adorable at the same time.

“I’m fine, Woohyun,” she said softly and gave him a small smile for assurance. “Really. You can stop worrying now.”

He let out a soft sigh and wrapped his two hands around hers, giving them a gentle squeeze.

“I’m sorry. Not only for this, but...well, I know having Hyunah over can’t possibly be easy for you. But I want you to know, this doesn’t change anything for us. She...and not even my parents can change the fact that I love you.”

Chorong slip her hands out of his grasp gently and went back to cutting up the leftover fruits. She let her hair fall down by the sides, covering her face so that he couldn’t see the disappointed look in her eyes.

It was already a difficult situation to begin with, but him trying this hard makes everything even much harder.

“Did...did Madam and Sir want the desert already?” she asked quietly, changing the topic subtly. “I’ll be done in a second, so you can tell them it’ll be out soon.”

Woohyun made a move to grab her hand again.

“Chorong...”

Just then, they heard someone clearing his throat from behind. Chorong flinched away from Woohyun’s touch and kept her focus fixed on the food in front of her.

Woohyun turned around in annoyance and saw Doo Joon giving both him and Chorong skeptical looks.

“What is it hyung?”

“Your Mum is already wondering what’s taking so long. Apparently, Hyunah is ready for some fresh fruits to keep herself hyped up for more stories.”

Woohyun just rolled his eyes.

“Tell her I’ll be out with it in a second. If she’s willing to wait, that’s it.”

“Oh, I think she’ll gladly do anything if it’s you involved.”

Doo Joon threw one last curious glance at Chorong before stepping out of the kitchen area. Woohyun turned back to face her, who already has the plate of dessert ready in her outstretched hands.

“I’m sorry but can you take this to the table instead? I need to go to the bathroom urgently.”

Woohyun took the plate from her readily.

“Chorong...”

But before he could say anything else, she took her apron off and bolted out of the kitchen in matter of seconds. He could only watch helplessly as her back figure disappeared from his view completely.

His shoulders sagged in disappointment as he walks out to join his family once again.

He only wanted to make things right between them, but he has a feeling...he had only made it worst.

 

*********************************************************

What if I start on a new PinkFinite project?

 

I'm not going to do this alone. I want you guys to join me too. Come on ^^ 

It's not difficult. Those who are interested, can write one-shots about your favourite PinkFinite pairing. I'm sure we all have different pairings that we love. Like for instance, I love WooRong, but others love GyuRong & WooJi.

So why not write one-shots or short stories for your favourite pairings and I'll help compile it all together under one story? ^^

Tell me if any one of you is interested. I'll most prolly be taking part too.