01.

Because of You

Park Cho Rong has never been the type to get greedy or dream for the things that she could never have in life. She was contented with what she has; a roof over her head, 2 basic meals each day and a family that she could call her own.

Having been forced to lead a hard life ever since she was young, Cho Rong knows that life isn’t always about rainbows and butterflies and that fairytales don’t always have a happy ending.

But one thing she never lost hope in – was love. No matter where she is, or how difficult the odds may be; she believes that if two people are meant to be together, they will be one day.

But when she met him, everything changed. Her beliefs, her hopes, her faith...

Nam Woo Hyun changed everything for her.

 

“Bring this up to young master room Cho Rong,” Mrs Kim instructed her that morning, placing a small tray on both of her hands. On it, a cup of hot coffee, 2 buttered toasts and a small serving of scrambled egg were already neatly arranged on it.

Cho Rong was all too familiar with it.

This was the young master’s breakfast every morning and her job was to deliver it to his room.

Only that day, only until recently, she didn’t feel like doing it anymore.

She didn’t want to be in the same room as him anymore.

Ahjumma, can I just wash the clothes for you instead?” she tried to bargain but was only responded with Mrs Kim’s stern gaze. She felt her shoulder’s sagging in defeat as she started to make her way out of the kitchen.

“Remember to ask young master if he needs anything else.”

Neh,” Cho Rong managed a small nod as she climbed up the stairs, carefully balancing the tray on her hands. Her heart was beating wildly with every step and the closer she got to his room, the greater the instinct of wanting to run. But she told herself to firm up and just get over with it quickly.

Pausing outside his large wooden door, she took a deep breath before knocking softly on it.

“Come in,” his familiar deep voice called out from inside.

Slowly, she turned the doorknob and opened up the door in front of her. She could see his figure hunching on the bed, wrapping both hands around a pillow comfortably.

Closing the door silently behind her, Cho Rong walked over towards the small table which was just next to his bed and set the tray down carefully on it.

After making sure everything was in place, she turned towards where he was sitting and bowed down slightly at him.

“Is there anything else that you need?”

He thought about it for a moment before shaking his head.

“Okay. In that case, I’ll leave now.”

She was just about a few steps away from where she had been standing when she heard him calling her name softly, yet she could still hear him clearly. And it made her wish she hadn’t.

“Will you...accompany me for awhile?”

Cho Rong froze in her tracks, unsure if she should just pretend not to have heard him.

“This is not an order, if you’re wondering,” Woo Hyun continued, sensing her hesitation. “I just...I just want you to stay for awhile. Please?”

Slowly, she turned back around, her full posture facing Woo Hyun who was still sitting cross-legged on his bed; the tray left untouched. She fidgeted with the hem of her uniform dress, feeling awkward about the whole situation all of a sudden.

“I’m sorry,” he spoke up first before she had the chance to say anything. “About the other day...I shouldn’t have.”

Cho Rong kept her gaze fixed on her black shoes, unable to meet Woo Hyun’s eyes as he reminded her of the other night incident.

 

“Young master! What happened?” the confused Cho Rong asked when she saw Woo Hyun staggering into the house, with his right hand holding onto his head tiredly.

“I...I had too much...I shouldn’t have...knowing I can’t hold my liquor well...” he slurred his words while trying to balance himself but having trouble doing so.

“Oh, but then...Okay, I’ll bring you up to your room. Madam wouldn’t like seeing you like this,” Cho Rong told him worriedly, wrapping one arm around his waist while placing his right arm across her shoulder.

Bearing his dead-weight together with hers, she trudged up the stairs heavily while throwing cautious glances around the house. It was a few minutes after 12 am; everybody else had gone to sleep. If she hadn’t gone to the kitchen for a drink, would he have collapsed by the front door?

Quietly, she opened the door to his room with her free hand and pulled him in hastily. Letting the door close by itself behind her, Cho Rong brought Woo Hyun to his bed and un-wrapped his arm around her carefully.

He dropped down onto the bed instantaneously; his two hands sprawled across the King-sized bed luxuriously. Cho Rong bent down on her knees and carried his legs up to the bed gingerly.

After pulling up the blankets for him, she turned around to leave the room but felt someone tugging at her hand at the last second.

“Don’t go...”

Looking over her shoulders, she saw that Woo Hyun’s hand was enclosed around her but his eyes remained closed. Cho Rong tried to yank herself away from his grasp but he held onto her tightly.

“Young master...” she said quietly in the dimly lilted room. “I need to go back to my room.”

“I’ve always wanted to hold your hand like this,” Woo Hyun continued to murmur senselessly in his sleep. “I’ve always wondered what it feels like to be this close to you...”

Cho Rong could feel her heart skipped a beat at Woo Hyun’s sudden confession. She must’ve heard him wrongly. He couldn’t have just...

“Come closer.”

Before she could have the chance to react, Woo Hyun pulled her closer to him with such force that she tripped on her footing and toppled on top of him unintentionally.

And...their lips met in the most unplanned manner ever.

 

“It’s okay young master,” Cho Rong said quickly, shaking her head vigorously. “I take it that it didn’t happen at all.”

“Cho Rong-ah...” Woo Hyun sighed exasperatedly. Drawing his knees closer to his chest and resting his chin on top of them, he looked up at her with a hint of playfulness in his eyes. “How many times do I have to tell you not to call me young master when there are only two of us in the room?”

“Ah, I can’t do that,” Cho Rong waved her hands in dismissal. “It’s wrong.”

“Please?”

“Uh...” her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. “I...I’ll try.”

“Okay, that’s good. And Cho Rong...thank you.”

“W-what?” she stammered involuntarily. “I mean...for what?”

“For not telling umma about what happened to me the other night. If she knows I had been out drinking...”

“Oh! It’s okay young – “at Woo Hyun’s disapproving stare, she bit her bottom lip hard before forcing his name out of . “...Woo Hyun. I’m not in the position to say anything anyway.”

He nodded gratefully, still staring at her with that longing look on his face.

“Uh...can I go now? I still have other chores that I have to do.”

“Sure. I’ll see you around later,” he said, giving her a warm smile.

“Thank you,” she bowed down politely. “And don’t forget to eat your breakfast.”

Feeling relieved, Cho Rong her heels and was halfway out the door when she heard him say something that made her heart stopped momentarily.

“I may have been drunk that night Cho Rong...but that kiss wasn’t a mistake.”

 

First chap is up guys ^^ Tell me what you think about it. They are the first AFINITE couple I'm writing about. There's 6 other more so if there are supporters, maybe I'll think of plots for the rest of them :)

And thank you for subscribing! :)