Luhan

I Dare You to Love Me

***Baekhyun’s POV***

 

Who the hell is this annoying brat? He has such long eye lashes and big doe-doe eyes like bambi. Pfft, pretty boy. How come he’s casually chatting happily and touching my Hyerin here and there. Wait, did I just say that? Anyway, he’s on my nerves, urgh I hate him.

He looked like he was thinking about something, then a mysterious smirk appeared on his face.

“Hi, I’m Luhan.” He smiled and offered me a handshake. I shook his hand while looking at him weirdly. “I’m Hyerin’s boyfriend, guessing from the look you gave me that your eyes were about to pop out, she didn’t tell you much about me, huh?” he grinned until the corner of his eyes formed little crinkles. Omg he’s like a sweet deer on the outside but a big bad wolf on the inside.

Before I opened my mouth to comment..Hyerin smacked his chest, pushing him away from her.

“Ge ge! What are you talking about omg!!!! Baekhyun don’t listen to him!” she’s flustered but she’s laughing as well. Wait, I’m confused.

“HAHAHAHAHA come on! You should’ve played along with me, look at his face! He nearly fainted when I announced that I’m your boyfriend.” This Luhan guy laughed his head off, his jaws are about to snap I swear.

“No way that you’re my boyfriend, as if” she pushed him again, jokingly.

“Eyyy, everybody knows you have a crush on me” he poked her. My eyes widened at that moment.

“WHAT? Nooooooo that was stupid me when I was young!!! Omg I hate you” Hyerin’s face reddened, Luhan was just laughing along.

“Erhm erhm” I cleared my throat to tell them I’m still lost here.

“Oh, sorry Baekhyun, this is Luhan, my cousin from China,  I’ve told you about him, remember?”

---

Hyerin invited me inside, the three of us sit in the living room.

“So, you’re ‘that’ Baekhhyun, finally I get to meet you, nice to meet you” said Luhan. Even though, it is clear that he is Hyerin’s cousin, I still feel cautious near him.

“yeah, I’m Baekhyun, why?”

He sneaked a glance at Hyerin and look back to me, “Nope, I’ve heard much about you. Hyerin has been talking about you.”

‘She did?’ I looked at Hyerin, she looked ignorant as usual, aigoo that girl.

“What? I’m just keeping Lu ge updated with my life. I told you before right? My mom is part chinese, so I do have a cousin in China, he used to visit us when he was young but not so much after he grows up. He just reappeared today in my door step. The last time he’s here, you weren’t around, Baek. So, this is the first time you guys meet.”

“I see” that explains everything, hmm. But I don’t like him, now that I recall Luhan said Hyerin liked him.

As if on cue, Luhan answered my curious hypothesis, “On my first visit here, I was 5 and Hyerin was 3, she grew very fond of me, she told everybody she liked me and she wanted to marry me when we grew up, isn’t my dearest cousin the cutest?” he pinched Hyerin’s cheeks.

I knew they’re cousins, so there’s no way they could be involved in a romantic relationship, but why do I feel uneasy. I think I’m a weird guy….

“Ge ge!!!!! It was a long time ago ok! Stop telling it to everybody, tsk! And Lu ge is here for the summer?”

“Yup, I’m doing an exchange program at Yonsei University, we’ll see each other a lot this summer” he smiled again.

Yeah right….

---

The following day after…

“Oh Baekhyun-ah, you’re early today” Hyerin opened the door for me. It’s become a habit for me to drop by her house in the morning or vise-versa.

“Yeah, I’m so bored I got nothing to do soooo yeah. Hey, you’re early yourself!”

“Beca—“  I saw a glimpse of my blue starfish hairband on her ponytail. “Hey, you’re wearing it” I smiled.

“Huh? Oh yeah, I haven’t thanked you properly, it’s really pretty, thanks Baek” she smiled as warm as the sunshine.

“Oh, you’re here! Good morning!” another voice disrupted that moment. Luhan…

“Morning” I replied curtly.

“So, are we ready to go?” Luhan slung his backpack, ready to go.

“Huh? Where are you going, Hyerin-ah?”

“Oh, Lu ge wants to see the city, a lot of things must’ve changed since the last time he was here. Want to come along?” Hyerin suggested.

I would love to come along if it weren’t for this brat.

“Nah, I guess you two need a lot of catching up to do. I’ll just play some video games back home.” I declined her offer.

“No! Come with us, it’ll be fun” Luhan insisted.

“Yeah, video games are not good for you. Let’s go Baek!” she tugged my arm, well .. who can’t resist the offer now.

--

“I’ll go and place our orders, you guys go find a seat?” asked Hyerin when we arrived at the restaurant. Luhan wants to eat Korean food so we went to a traditional Korean restaurant.

“I’ll go instead, you and Luhan hyung go find instead. Tell me what you want” I initiated.

Luhan smiled looking at our “I go” “No, I’ll go” argument, “Hui lin! ((*Hyerin in chinese = hui lin) Go and find a seat, Baekhyun and I will go and order.”

She nodded at once, “Ok, I want one samgyetang ((*Samgyetang = Korean ginseng chicken soup, usually eaten in the summer) and order the Kimchi jeon ((*jeon = pancake)!”

“What did you call her just now?H-Hwe lin?” I tried to make a conversation with this guy while we’re queuing to place our orders.

“ Hui lin, it’s Hyerin in chinese, taken from the character used for her name, what is it again..hanja? I like to call her that when we’re young” Luhan explained to me

“I see.. you guys seemed very close. But how come you never visited for years?”

“ Yeah I used to come here when I was young, but there’s some issues back in China, well whatever .. only now I have the time to visit Korea again. Time passed so fast, Hyerin has grown up a lot.”

“Well yeah, you’ve missed out like.. more than ten? Twelve years?” my comment came out harsher than I thought. Instead of being mad, Luhan had this gentle look on his face.. “Hmm, you seem to care about her a lot.”

“W-well yeah, we’ve been friends since young, probably after you stop visiting Korea.” I looked at the ceiling.

“You like her, don’t you?” he muttered

“WHAT?!” I unconsciously yelled out loud. Everybody was looking at our direction, oh shoot. I bowed apologetically at everybody. He bursts out laughing until his jaws looked like they’re about to come off again. Seriously, this brat.

“I know about your little game, Baekhyun-ssi. Hyerin told me about it yesterday, and so far as I see, you are losing this game, aren’t you?” I swear my face is burning red right now

“That was my guess! Am I right then?” he continued after we placed out order.

No way am I going to admit that, I’m Byun Baekhyun!

“Who says so? And what about Hyerin?” it feels like I’m assuring myself that she’s falling for me.

Luhan chuckled, “I can’t tell you, but…that girl sure is one dense girl. Hwaiting!” he took our orders and flees off.

OMG I TOTALLY HATE THIS GUY, EOMMAAA

 

=========================================================================================================================

sorry for the long awaited chapter! 

I'm surprised somebody guessed correctly who Luhan is keke. He is Hyerin's long distance cousin if I may state it again. He's my other bias from EXO besides Baekhyun :) the Luhan here is the mischiveous deer, I'm sure he is like that off camera, instead of that pretty boy we see on camera ;D

I do hope you'll enjoy it and please leave some comment ^^

Happy holidays! xxx