The unexpected one

I Dare You to Love Me

***Baekhyun’s POV***

“Baekhyun-ah, get back here, let’s just forget it.” Hyerin called out to me. Black angry clouds started to hover above the sky.

I kept looking through the bushes for that blue ribbon of hers. We were playing tag, I accidentally pulled Hyerin’s ribbon out of her ponytail and it flew off my hand to these bushes (or so I thought). I felt about it, I know how it’s her favorite ribbon.

“I told you I’m not mad! Let’s just forget it! The storm is coming!” Hyerin called out to me again, the wind was blowing heavily now. The trees were moving as they were dancing in the strong wind. Where is that blue ribbon!?!?! I felt a drop of water falling down from the sky.

“It’s raining! Go find a shelter! I’ll look at another place!” I yelled back at her. That little stubborn girl of course did not listen to me, “Don’t! Get back here now! Let’s go home!”  

“Wait a minute, I think I see something, Hyerin!” I thought I saw that hint of sky blue ribbon, but instead I stepped on a hillside slope, it was raining, I fell……and sprained my ankle.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa eommaaaaaaa” I bawled out.

“Baekhyun!!!! Are you okay???” Hyerin panicked when she heard me screamed and crying. She followed my crying voice and she found me below.

“Baekhyun-ah!!! Wait ok! I will go down!” She carefully stepped down into the mini crater and comforted me.

I was crying because it hurts and I couldn’t find Hyerin’s ribbon, and out of no reason she cried too as if she felt my pain.

Soon after, my mom found the two of us crying. She quickly brought us home, dry us and fed us. She was getting worried that the sky was getting darker but we haven’t arrived home. So she started looking for us and she heard our cries.

 

“Baekhyun! Baekbeom-ah! Wake up!!” Slowly I was pulled back into reality with mom’s voice. My brother grunted.

Was that a dream? A memory of our childhood days…

“Why are you smiling to yourself, Baekhyun?”

“Huh? Nothing” I didn’t realize I was smiling to myself, I scrambled to the bathroom.

We’re leaving Jeju this afternoon and we shall be back home this evening.

 

---

 

“Eomma, I’m stopping by that souvenir shop, ok?” we were waiting for our flight at the airport lounge.

“Ok, don’t take long.” She replied without looking at me, she’s so busy reading her book. My dad and big bro went to get some coffee.

I walked to the souvenir shop selling stuffs which is supposedly “Jeju”-ish. I haven’t bought anything for Hyerin, well eomma did buy something for the Lees but I haven’t bought anything personally for her.

I really don’t know what to buy for her, tsk why am I fussing myself. I almost bought a crappy keychain which I know she’ll roll her eyes at it. Then…I saw a blue starfish-shaped hairpin.

I got reminded of the dream I had last night. Her long lost blue ribbon. I decided to get it for her. I know she might not wear hairpins, but this one is really pretty. It’ll suit her well, I’m very sure of it.

I asked the shopkeeper to wrap it for me. “This is a really nice one, she must be very happy” the shopkeeper smiled meaningfully at me. I awkwardly smiled back at her, well yeah, let’s hope Lee Hyerin will like it.

 

---

 

***Hyerin’s POV***

 

Dang~ I’m so boreeed. I think summer heat is starting to get on my nerves.

“Why the long sigh? Are you that bored, sweetie?” Appa patted a spot next to him on the couch, I’ve been wandering back and forth around the living room and the kitchen for the last half an hour.

“Yes I’m boreeeed” I sunk into the couch.

“Aigoo, what about your painting dear? I saw it when I was cleaning your room this morning.” Eomma had just finished drying out the last bowl and she joined us in the living room.

“Not in the mood, why can’t we go somewhere for a short vacation appaaaa” I massaged his tense shoulder, ok I only like to be cuddly to my father.

“Well I’m sorry I can’t take a break from my office, Hyerin. We told you that you could go with the Byuns if you want to.”

“Nah, I don’t want to bother their family time even though they are like our family as well.”

“Aww don’t worry, Baekhyun will be back soon, right? Besides you’ll find something else to occupy your boredom” My mom looked a glance at my father who’s keeping a poker face. Hmm….that’s odd.

“Yeah he’ll be back tonight. But I’m still so bored~~”

*Ding dong* the bell rings. I wonder who is that, is Baekhyun back so soon? Wow that babo really misses me that much? Coming here right after he arrive, but he just texted me ‘see you’ like less than an hour ago.

“Why don’t you get the door, sweetie?” asked eomma.

“Yes, coming~” I get up from my seat, and opened the door…

I saw a boy, with light brown-reddish hair looking up at me. He brought a huge suitcase with him. As soon as he saw my face, his doe eyes turned into a crescent shape. His smiling so widely, I can see the crinkles in his eyes.

“Hyerin-ah!!!! I’ve missed you so much!!!!!! Geez, I haven’t seen you for ages, look at you now, you’ve grown a lot!” this baby-faced boy immediately hugged me tight. I feel this familiarity, I wanted to wrap my arms around him but…. “you are…..” I hesitated.

He quickly let me go, “OMG I can’t believe you forgot about me!!! It’s me Luhan!!!!”

That moment, I know I won’t feel bored throughout summer anymore.

---

***Baekhyun’s POV***

 

“Home sweet home!” hyung quickly ran to his room. Probably calling his girlfriend, tsk tsk tsk he can’t wait until tomorrow, could he?

“Eomma, I’m going out.” I said.

“Where are you going?” asked Abeoji.

“to Hyerin’s”

“You can’t until tomorrow, can you?” my mom shook her head, smiling. “Bring this with you, send regards to Hyerin and her parents” Eomma handed me a shopping bag and continue unpacking the luggage.

 I dashed to her house with her gift in my pocket. I’m anxious whether she’ll like it or not.

I arrived at her house, I saw there’s a pair of sport shoes outside, looking at the size seems to be a male’s shoes. I wonder who is inside, I hesitated to barged in, they might be having a guest coming. It sounded so lively.

Ah whatever, I’m already here. I knocked on the door.

Hyerin opened the door, she was still giggling, “Oh! Baekhyun-ah you’re back!!” she gave me a hug. I smiled and hugged her back, and just then…

“Hyerin-ah, who’s that? What’s taking you so long? We’re not done yet!” a male’s voice called out to her. The owner of the voice came to the door and throw his arm oh-so-casually across Hyerin’s shoulder. Instead of saying my greetings to whoever-this-male-is, I blurted out, “Who are you?” 

 

=========================================================================================================================

I know I haven't been updating a lot, I might update like once a month or twice a month with luck ok? 

I sincerely thanked you who's reading this story until now. I know it's waaaaay far that perfect, but aww I love you guys for subcribing and reading and leaving comments! I feel like someone is really reading this fic, so please so leave a comment, I want to know what you think about it :)

 aaaaand a special someone has made an appearance *drumroll* ... it's Luhan!!! 

but I haven't told you who is Luhan right? What is his relationshi with Hyerin? and what will Baekhyun do about it? How will it affect him? dun dun duuuuuun, stay tune for more!

Xxx