First Date

I Dare You to Love Me

P.S for italic words it means a person's thoughts to him/herself, ok?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Baekhyun's POV***

{a/n Baekhyun is wearing this }

 Uh-oh it’s almost 12 o’clock, I’d better get going to Hyerin’s house soon. I fixed my hair for the last time, I picked my phone and wallet.

“Where are you going?”

“Oh hyung you’re here. I’m going out with Hyerin.” I replied to my elder brother, Byun Baekbeom, 6 years older than me.

“I see, say hi to her for me.” As you can see, my brother knows Hyerin well. Even her family and mine are like close relatives already.

“I will, see you later, hyung” I left him to go back to his TV show alone.

Ah~ it’s such a nice day today. The weather is not too hot yet, just perfect.

I walked to Hyerin’s house. Her house is not that far away from ours. I just need to walk straight ahead for around 20m and make a left turn. Her house is 3 houses away from the turn.

She’d better be ready! I fastened my step towards that lime green house.

---

*ting tong ting tong* I pressed the bell once

*ting tong ting tong* I pressed the bell twice

Tsk,that girl

I took out my phone about to dial her number, but the door finally opened.

She was wearing this

For a second, my jaw dropped. I was baffled. No, no, it’s not that I never went out with Hyerin. It’s just she rarely wears something like this when she’s out with me! She usually wears tees and shorts when she’s around me. To be honest, she’s not ugly, in fact she’s pretty good looking herself which I don’t think she acknowledges it.

With her brown hair tied into a side braid, she looked......beautiful. Wait did I just say that? Get a grip of yourself! She’s starting to making you fall for her tricks! Babo!  

“Hellooo? Earth calling to Baekhyun?” she waved a hand in front of my face.

“Uhh sorry”

“What are you doing babo! Let’s go I’m hungry” she folded her  arms and stared at me.

 We walked side by side, Hyerin tucked to my shirt sleeve as we walk. It’s a habit of hers to tuck onto my sleeve or the back of my shirt when we walk together. I don’t know if she does that with other guys but she does it to me and her dad.

 “So,what’s gotten into you, huh? Why are you wearing a skirt?” I asked her.

“Can’t I wear it? I just thought once in awhile won’t hurt.  Beside, it’s the season!” she answered with glee. I can’t help but chuckle along with her. She does has a thing or two for fashion, I know that.

“Why? Do I look bad?” she turned to ask me.

Bad?Are you playing with me, Hyerin-ah? You know how I have a spot for girls in jeans. I shook my head, “Nope, you’re cute.” ..... Byun Baekhyun, you babo.

She frozed for a second,and chuckled. Well I just pretend that I was flattering her, making her fall for me.

“You look not bad yourself Baekhyun” she smiled.

“Of course I do” I smirked and earn a smack on the arm from her.

We’re so confused what to eat so we decided to eat some Naengmyeon* instead (* Korean cold ramen). Plus we’re freakin hungry already.

“Lets go get some dessert after this”  Hyerin proposed the idea.

“Sure, you’re not full yet?” I just finished the last gulp of my soup.

“There’s always another stomach for dessert!” she beamed

“Pig...” I muttered in silence....but she heard me. She kicked me under the table.

---

After lunch we decide to stop by Hyerin’s favorite Patbingsoo* cafe.  (* Korean shaved ice, eaten in summer usually)

“One large patbingsoo w/ strawberry toppings, almonds, milk and red bean please.” I placed our order.

“and vanilla ice cream!” Hyerin added beside me. I took our order and we sit by the window.

“Bon apetit!” Hyerin handed me a spoon and we started digging on our patbingsoo.

“Hey baek, look at those two over there.”

“Huh?” I turned around and see what Hyerin pointed. A couple was sitting on our diagonal opposite and doing.. extremely over public display of affection.

“Urgh, I can’t stand people like them” her fast grew in disgust. They’re doing aegyo voices and baby talks.

I laughed, “don’t be mean Hyerin~ who knows you might be doing that to your future boyfriend.”

“ Who? Me??? No way, Baek. I’d rather die than embarass myself. Why do you boys like it so much when girls do baby talks?”

“Uhh I don’t know, don’t you feel like you’re needed to protect her then? But, that couple over there is an exception. ” I had to agree with Hyerin, I’m getting cold shrills on my spine if I listen longer to them.

“Really? Well then...Baekhyun oppa~”  My head turned, and.......

“HAHAHAHAHA GROSS OMG!!! Don’t you ever ever ever try it again Hyerin” I was LOL-ing my head off. God, Imma die soon.

“See? I told you.....yah! stop laughing babo! Your jaw’s gonna drop soon.” She snapped.

“Oh gee, I had tears in my eyes....aigoo” I took a deep breath as the laughter dies.

---

Without realizing, it’s almost sundown...

After hanging for hours in the cafe we walked home (we didn’t go on a date that far, did we?)

Just then, suddenly......, a heavy downpour occurs! It was such a nice weather this morning. Curse global warming!

“Run!!!!” I told Hyerin, and we scrambled to the bus stop for shelter.

I was panting when we reached the bus stop. “Are you ok?” I got drenched a little.

“I just got soaked a bit, but I’m fine.”

“Such a weird weather...we have to wait for it to stop huh?” if it’s a light shower I won’t mind but this is a crazy rain.

“What choices do we have?” Hyerin doesn’t seemed to mind. She likes it when it rains. So...we just sit side by side waiting for the rain to stop.

“I’m sleepy...” she mumbled after sitting for 15 minutes. The rain doesnt seem like it will stop soon, it’s still crazy as ever.

“Come here, I’ll wake you up when the rain stops.” I pulled her to lean on my shoulder. She snuggled in and poked my arm......”Fattie” she smirked.

“Oh shut up, just go to sleep already” I took off my checkered shirt and use it to cover her legs in case she got cold. She closed her eyes.

I thought to myself, we’re playing a game now, you can say we’re pretending to be a couple. I wonder what if one day Hyerin got to be a real couple some other guy. Or vise-versa. Will we still be able to do things like this? Just enjoying a simple friendship without heart feelings getting involved.

I started hummed a melody which suddenly popped to my mind...and soon I was singing to it.

(Forever – Oneway)

오래전 그대를 만나

O-rae-jeon geu-dae-reul man-na

It’s been a long time since I met you

좋았던 추억들이 하나 하나

Joh-att-deon chu-eok-deul-i ha-na ha-na

The good memories come out one by one

그대가 좋아하던 블랙 커피처럼때론 쓰디쓴 기억들도

Geu-dae-ga joh-a-ha-deon beul-laek keo-pi-cheo-reom

Ddae-ron sseu-di-sseun gi-eok-deul-do

Like the black coffee that you like, along with the bitter memories

 

How much do I mean to you lately

How much have I changed since you’ve met me

바보같은 질문보다,그대에게 하고 싶은 말

Ba-bo-gat-eun jil-mun-bo-da

Geu-dae-e-ge ha-go ship-eun mal

That’s what I wanted to ask you more than a stupid question

Forever, forever

You will stay right inside of my heart

기억해요 내일이 없다해도

Gi-eok-hae-yo nae-il-i eobs-da-hae-do

Please remember even if there wouldn’t be tomorrow

I need you here with me boo

Forever forever forever

행복한 눈물만 흘려요

Haeng-bok-han nun-mul-man heul-ryeo-yo

Happy tears flows down

그대와 나 이대로

Geu-dae-wa na i-dae-ro

You and I just like this

꼭 영원토록 함께 할꺼예요

Ggok yeong-weon-to-rok ham-gge hal-ggeo-ye-yo

We’re going to stay together forever

 

When I finished the song, Hyerin shifted and gave me a sleepy smile. She also gave me a thumbs up.

“Sorry, did I wake you?”

“Nah, I wasn’t really sleeping. But then your singing totally woke me up, it’s good. Real good, as usual Baek, your singing is wonderful” she smiled.

“Thanks” I smiled back.

“Oh hey it’s still raining, but I think we can run through this” She put her hand out to feel the rain.

“You sure? We don’t want to be sick do we?” actually, it’s been an hour or so, and it’s getting dark. We should be going home soon, and if we wait any longer the rain might get worse again.

“Oh come on Baek, I’ve always wanted to do this. Don’t be a kill joy, where’s your spirit of youth!” She gives me a mischievous smile. Ok, I’m tempted

“Let’s go...ready? 1...2...3”  we run through the rain while I hold out my shirt as an umbrella for both of us so hopefully we wouldn’t get too wet.

She’s laughing as we run, and so did I. Will we stay like this when the game ends?

 

==========================================================================================================================

Dun dun duuuuuuuun

I managed to retype the chapter quickly! woo! I was so damn frustrated yesterday. I hope you guys will enjoy this chapter.

What do you think will happen with Baekhyun & Hyerin next? ;)

The song featured here is a song called "Forever" by One Way. It is one of my favorite song! Love it a lot! It goes well with the rain and the scene doesn't it?

Leave some comments? See you soon! :D