Part 3

Coincidences

The next day, you hang out with him again. This time, you two go to a park and walk and talk so you can get to know each other better. It's a very peaceful and relaxing time, the sun is shining and the weather is so nice. It was an insanely happy day, like the past two have been.

And the day after that, he actually lets you meet the other members of EXO-M. You meet Luhan, who is as cheery and genuine as he's known to be. You meet Lay, who is a little shy and forgetful. There's Kris, who has an aura like he has more power, but is actually down to earth and kind. You meet Chen, who has a lot of jokes to tell despite your language barrier. And you meet Xiumin, who is very polite and has the same cheery, little kid attitude like Luhan does. The more you talk to them, the more you regain your love for EXO, and with that comes...

You push the last thought out of your head. You are here to enjoy the company of this wonderful group of people. They don't treat you like another fangirl, they treat you like a friend. Which is so great. You realize that you now have friends in China. Friends that you can see the next year and the next. You exchange emails with all of them on request of cheery Luhan (who once again, surprises you with the fact that he is one of the oldest members) and you suddenly have the emails of the members of EXO. They say that they will email you, being the polite people they are. It is still the beginning of the day, so it feels a little awkward. Not only because these people are you idols, but also just because you've always been that way when meeting new friends.

But as the hours passed, you began to feel more comfortable around them and then they promise that they will email you and stay in contact. You start to wish that you could stay in China longer.

And then you remember.

Chen is in the middle of a story, (the other members translate for him when he comes across a word he can't say in Chinese) when you interrupt. "Um...guys, I have something to say." You take a deep breath. "I'm only going to be here for 4 weeks."

There is a silent pause. "Oh." One of the members say. They look genuinely disappointed, which pleases you and makes you feel worried. But Tao...Tao's expression is not just disappointment. He looks shocked and a bit...crushed.

"But I'll try to hang out with you guys whenever I can, and most importantly, whenever you can! And I'll definitely email you guys when I go back home..." Home seemed so far away now. This place felt more like home than that house ever did. That town where people tried to wear makeup to fit in and get bad grades to be cool. This place seemed so much nicer.

I wish I could stay here forever... You think to yourself. "Oh sorry Chen. Keep going with your story! I'm still gonna be here for a while." You urge him to lighten the mood. Everyone gets the hint and he continues. You smile. You can't help it. The story turns out to be a great one and you all laugh wholeheartedly by the end of it.

You spend a few more hours with them, happy that you've been able to meet this incredible group of people. As you and Tao and driving back to your grandparent's apartment, you glance over at him. He looks quickly at you and gives you a winning smile (you smile back) but something in his eyes made him look so...distressed.

"What's wrong?" You ask him. Of course, being you, you can't help but show concern.

"Nothing..." He mutters. Then clears his throat and smiles shyly at you again. Right then, you arrive at your apartment and you feel sad to go. You're about to enter the apartment when you feel the urge to look back at him. He is still standing behind you, waiting to make sure you go inside. Such a gentleman, you think to yourself.

"I..." He starts to say. But he stops. You wonder what he was going to say. Was it related to his expression from before? He does not continue his sentence. "There's going to be rehearsal tomorrow." He looks disappointed. "But when I have time, I'll definitely call you!" You two smile at each other and you feel so relieved. Without Tao, you'd be all alone in the streets of China.

"I'll see you soon then." And you say goodnight.

When the door closes behind you, you suddenly dread tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You wake up early. Too early. And as hard as you try to fall asleep again, you know you can't. You give up the attempt and get up to get ready for the day. What would you do today?

Surprisingly, the day doesn't turn out to be as dreary as you imagine it might. Your grandmother informs you that she wants to bring you to a restaurant today and you gladly accept. What else could you do?

The three of you, you and your grandparents, walk to a really nice restaurant some streets away. The food is good and you are able to chat with your grandparents and tell them about your life back at home.  Your grandmother asks you about "that boy you keep meeting up with" and you almost blush (but somehow manage to answer with a straight face) and you tell them about meeting him at the airport and how you two just seem to have an ease between you two. You realize just how comfortable you feel around Tao.

For the rest of the day, after you got home from the satisfactory lunch, you spend your time on the computer, listening to EXO songs, feeling sad that there are only 6. You find yourself hoping that they'll release more music soon. 

Despite being home most of the day without much to do, you don't feel like you had a bad day. You spent some quality time with your grandparents and now you sit at the small desk in the room you stay at, looking at some trinkets you bought the days past. Whilst shopping around with Tao, him being like a tour guide, you did manage to buy a few small things for yourself. A necklace with a thin silver chain and a butterfly charm. A gold colored bracelet with a dragon that looked as if it s around your wrist. Little things like that. 

Taking one quick glance at your cellphone, you gather that it's only 9:04 PM. It wasn't late, so you sit on your chair, pondering over what you can do for the next hour or so. It was nice not having to wake up early in the morning. 

After letting your thoughts wander, you find that you start thinking about Tao. The way his shy smile seemed to brighten your mood, and the way his eyes shined in bright sunlight. How he looked insanely cool in the black clothing he always wore, but was so childish and adorable inside. The way he was so polite to you. The way he looked so worried when you had told everyone about your time here. How he was so willing to hang out with you even though you had only met him days ago. Was it really days ago? Seems as if you've known him forever...

And then you snap yourself awake. You weren't sure when you had drifted off but your neck hurt so it seems safe to assume that you had fallen asleep with your head on the desk. Your dreams had been influenced by your thoughts, and so, were full of daydreams about Tao.

Daydreams about Tao? You think to yourself. What the hell's going on?

After thinking about it some more, you had an inkling of what might be happening. But you were too afraid to admit it. Too afraid to deal with it. Too afraid to reach for something so impossible.

Just days into your vacation and you've already bumped into a "slight" dilemma.