Excuses

Love and Hate

The room was silent. I proceeded to walk into our bedroom. And as normal Zhou Mi sat at the desk. I decided it was better not to disturb him. I sat down on my be and sighed. “You really hurt her.” Zhou mi said not even turning to face me. “What?” I replied confused. “Kyung Mi. You hurt her with what you said.” He swirled round on his chair. “She cried because of it.” I looked down at the floor feeling a but guilty. Why would she cry over that? Did it really upset her that much? “How could you do that to us? Was that girl so important that you didn’t want her to know about us – your friend!?” “No, no!” I said jumping up. “It’s not like that.” “Then, what is it?” I paused. “She’s my sister.” “SO!? What difference does it make?” “I don’t know.” Zhou Mi stood up as well. “What the hell does that mean?” I didn’t know how to explain it but I was going to have to give it my best try. "When I saw Kyung Mi, she was clearly angry. I didn’t want her to make a scene in front of my sister.” Zhou Mi shook his head. “That’s the worst excuse I’ve heard, yet!” Without saying anything else he turned and sat back at the desk.

 

The next day I waited early outside Kyung Mi’s door. I wanted to apologize and knowing her I’d probably receive a slap too. But I was ready for it! Then, the door opened. I saw Kyung Mi appear with her books in hand. But when she saw me she froze. “Kyung Mi-ah.” I started softly, raising my hand out for her shoulder. She moved out of my reach. “Please.” She said. “Don’t touch me, Don’t come near me ever again.” I let me hand fall back down to my side. Why was she being like this? She didn’t sound angry – more…scared. It wasn’t like her at all. I watched as she walked away. I couldn’t help thinking to myself…It’s all my fault!

 

It’s been a month now – she still hasn’t talked to me. She wont come near me. Every-Single-Day she avoids me. After she told me not to touch her and to not come near her, I hadn’t attempted to apologise again. She wouldn’t sit next to me in English class and she wouldn’t even walk near me! I felt sorry – incredibly. I was her friend – And now she always appears to be lonely. I didn’t realize before how much time we used to spend together – even if we were fighting. There’s a saying for this – ‘You don’t really know what you have un till it’s gone.’ I completely understand that now.