Setting Off

Love and Hate

I rolled my eyes. That fella is always after girls. But I had to admit they were very pretty. I took a seat at the bar waiting for Sung Min to come back and eventually he did. “Hey, how’d it go?” I asked him as soon as he got close enough to hear me. “Great!” he chirped while smiling. “I got their numbers!” “Their?” I questioned him. He nodded triumphantly. “Yep, I got both of their numbers.” I laughed. “Sung Min you little…” “Oh no!” he interrupted me. “Don’t think I’m a playboy or something!” He said while sitting down. “I got the girl in the pink’s for you.” My eyes widened. “Why would I want her number?” I moaned at him in a whiney voice. Sung Min shrugged. “I thought you liked her.” “No, No, No” “Oh loosen up, Kyu Hyun! You should find yourself a girl. Anyway.” I raised my eyebrows at him. “Too much work and no play isn’t good for you.” I groaned. “How do you know that I study too much and don’t have time for any fun?” Sung Min looked at me as if to say ‘Isn’t that obvious!?’ “What?!” I demanded after becoming a victim of his look. “Answer me this, my friend.” Sung Min started while sitting up straight and leaning in closer to talk to me. “First! When was the last time you went on a date?” I looked up at him. “This isn’t really necessary!” “Yes it is!” he replied sharply. “Well, I dated a girl about…” I paused. Sung Min laughed. “You can’t remember, can you?” I frowned. “So what if I can’t? It doesn’t matter!”

 

“Look, I’m not asking you to do anything out of the ordinary. Just give it a try.” I groaned again. “Fine! If you shut up I’ll show a little more interest in women! But not this one!” I said passing the number he had given be back to him. He shrugged. “Ok, but it’s your loss. I heard she’s pretty clever and she’s going to university. I thought you liked smart girls.” I glared at him. “Ok, Ok I’ll shut up now.”

@@@Kyung Mi’s point of view@@@

 

“Isn’t this fun?” Bi Yun chirped dancing to the music. “Mmmm…great fun.” I replied sounding slightly un-impressed. “Oh come on. Enjoy yourself!” I looked at my friend and then at my watch. “Omo!” “What, what!?” Bi Yun asked worried. “It’s 1:30 am! I have to leave to catch the coach in 5 and a half hours!” “Ah. We better go then.” “I’m sorry, Bi Yun unnie. This is spoiling your night out. If you want I’ll go home by myself.” “No. you’re not leaving my sight until you are on that bus on the way to university!” I giggled. “Oh you have such little faith in me! What do you think I’m going to do? Run away?” Bi Yun laughed. “I wouldn’t put it past you.” I pouted at her remark. She smiled. “Come on. Let’s go.” We walked out the club and went home but by the time I got there I only had 4 hours left. It wasn’t worth sleeping I though to myself. I can sleep on the coach. Me and Bi Yun sat up the remaining hours of the morning talking. Having a ‘girly sleep over’ sort of thing. But with no sleeping as such…

“I’m really going to miss you” Bi Yun said as we stood at the bus stop. “I’ll miss you too.” I replied feeling as if I was about to cry. Bi Yun gave me a hug and then pointed behind me. I turned to see the coach had arrived. “Well, I guess this is bye then.” She nodded and gave me another hug. “Take care of yourself.” She demanded. “And you as well” I replied. After that Bi Yun helped me take my bags to the coach I got on and looked out the window. I saw Bi Yun standing there on the side walk, in tears. Just seeing her like that made me well up too. As tears trickled down my cheek I waved to my best friend. The coach started to move and I could no longer see Bi Yun. “Bye” I whispered.