The Library - A Maze Built With Books

Love and Hate

What did I do so wrong? Why was he so angry? It couldn’t ALL be about that little fight with Han Byeol…Could it? Damn, life is hard! Anyway, I have better things to thinks about now. The first English test of the year is on one week. – I want to make sure I nail it, set a good impression. Seeing as none of the teachers know what I’m capable of, it’s a good chance to show of all my talent. I love the English language after all. To me, It is so beautiful. The Writing, the accent, the pronunciation. – It all seemed so unique and wonderful. Hence, why I had such an interest in it from a young age.

 

A few days past and one evening I slowly made my way back to my dorm. This place was amazing! The university was breathtaking just in appearance alone. And all the great courses it had to other was an extra booster. “Kyung Mi!” – I snapped out of my thoughts straight away. I could see someone dashing towards me. – Male, I thought. It was dark so I couldn’t make out exactly who it was. As he got closer, he called to me again. His voice then gave away his identity.. “Oppa? What’s wrong?” Zhou Mi stopped before me and bent down, resting his hands on his knees. He was out of breath and covered in sweat. “Oppa, are you ok?” I asked again. “I’m fine. It’s just Kyu Hyun.” He replied. “Kyu Hyun!?” My voice gave away how worried I was even thought I secretly didn’t want him to know. “What’s wrong with Kyu Hyun?” I continued. “I – I can’t find – him.” He told me in between deep breaths. “I haven’t seen him for two days! He hasn’t even come back to our room at all!” His voice was rushed and caped with worry. I took a deep breath. “Let’s go!” I finaly announced while grabbing Zhou Mi’s arm. “Let’s go find him!”

We searched everywhere. LITRELY! We turned the university upside down! And our fear grew and grew every second we couldn’t see him. What could of possibly happened to him? “Where next?” Zhou Mi asked when we had finished searching the lunch hall. I thought for a second. – “The library” I said. “You seem pretty sure.” He remarked. I nodded. “He’s always there.” “Ok, let’s go.” It takes 30 minutes to get to the library. It’s at the opposite side of town from the university. We could catch a bus most of the way there but we would still have a 10 minute walk. 5 minutes if you were in a hurry, which we were. It was a troublesome journey to make at 10pm but it was something me and Zhou Mi felt we had to do. And so, we did.

 

When we reached the library, we ran straight in. “You search the ground floor, I’ll search the 1st floor and we’ll do the top floor together. Seeing as it is the biggest that’s the best way.” – I agreed to Zhou Mi’s plan. And so, we started our search. Though, we had no luck. Eventually, it left us with just the top floor. Shelf after Shelf of books, but no Kyu Hyun. Then Zhou Mi suddenly nudged me. I looked at him, curious. He eyes were fixed on something. I turned to the direction in which Zhou Mi’s eyes were looking. And there, stood before me was Cho Kyu Hyun.