A Friend's Advice

Love and Hate

Zhou Mi was talking to me but every time Kyung Mi happened to pop up on the conversation he made me feel guilty. This was really making my life difficult!

That day when I was walking back from class my phone rang. Looking at the called number I could see who it was.
“Hello?”
“Hi Ya!”
“Hey, Sung Min! How are you?”
“I’m great. What about you?”
“Oh, you know, Up and down. What did you call for anyway?”
“Well, it’s just I heard something and I wanted to clear it up.”
“Huh?”
“Kim Kyung Mi, you remember her, right?”
I gulped – “Yeah, I do. Why?”
“My girlfriend is close friends with her and she says she hasn’t been the same since you did or said something to her.”
“I didn’t mean to hurt her.”
“So, you did!? That’s not like you!”
“I said I didn’t mean to!”
“She’s pretty”
“I know.”
“And she’s smart.”
“I know.”
“Then what are you waiting for? Go get her back!”
“I never had her in the first place.”
“Well, make her yours then!”
“I’ll think about it.”
“You’ll do it!”
“Who are you? My mother?”
“In the world of women – Yes! Yes, I am. And you should listen to me! Not many girls like her come along – Grab her while you can!”
I sighed.
“Oh! I’ve got to go!” Sung Mi suddenly announced.
“Is that all you called up for?” I asked a little annoyed.
“Pretty much”
“Oh.”
Sung Min laughed at my response. “Bye!” he said.
“Bye” I answered glumly.

As I put my phone back in my pocket I thought. How did Sung Min know about what happened? Did Kyung Mi tell someone? Well, she must have.

When I got back, I went straight for a shower. This last month has been torture. I really wanted to sort it out somehow! I lifted my head and let the warm water run down my face. Suddenly there was a bang on the bathroom door. “What the…Who is it?” I shouted over the sound of the running tap. “Zhou Mi!” he called back. “Oh! Just a second!” I turned the tap of and grabbed my towel. “What’s wrong?” I asked Zhou Mi from inside the bathroom. “It’s Kyung Mi!” he said form outside urgently. “What?” I replied sounding worried myself, now. “Kyu Hyun! You have to come quick!”