Awkward 30 Minutes In Heaven

We Have to Practice Accidents [hiatus]

"Oh my god.  I might have just screwed myself over three times in one school day."

If there was one thing Kyungsoo had to point out what he didn’t like about school was the fact that right after lunch, he had gym class.  He wasn’t failing the class or anything nor did he dislike the class.  He just hated running around on a full stomach. 

Today however, luck just wasn’t on his side.

In the middle of the locker room, the “jocks” decided it would be a great idea for them to go into all lockers and pile everyone’s shorts in the middle of the floor.  Kyungsoo was not a happy camper.

Gym was a class that he spent alone without his friends or such and he liked it a little.  It was like his daily break from them. 

Today, the coach had decided everyone would play a healthy match of ultimate volleyball.  But of course, the “jocks” of the class had to ruin everything and constantly hog the ball.  It might have been the fact that the girls gave no care as to where the ball was going and cried out when it hit the ground near them.  Kyungsoo was as ready as the next guy, until the idiots run from wherever they stood and bump the ball back in the air.

It annoyed Kyungsoo; he just really wanted to get the ball over the net just once.

It was another serve for the other team, and this time Kyungsoo was sure he would get the ball, the server’s aim matched right up with his own position, and he would sure hit it. 

Just as the score was called and the loud thump of a palm meeting a ball he realized the ball would fall short of his position. Reaching his hand out and stumbling forward, Kyungsoo dived for the ball, but just as he made contact with the ball, another hand came from the other direction and hit the ball.

But that hand (fist) hadn’t only just hit the ball.  Kyungsoo’s left innocent middle finger was caught in the middle of the battle.  His finger bent so far backwards it was a mystery it hadn’t snapped right then and there. 

The ball however, was still in play and the others kept the volley going while Kyungsoo stood there hunched over gripped onto his hand for dear life.

The coach blew his whistle, “Time out!”  He jogged over quickly to Kyungsoo. “What happened?  Are you alright?”  The coach asked a bit out of breath.

“My hand.. Urgh…”  Kyungsoo leaned forward a little more; the pain for some reason kept throbbing in waves of more pain. 

“What happened? What happened? Lemme see, lemme see.”  The coach asked hurriedly.

Kyungsoo reluctantly let go of his hand and held it up to the coach.  His entire middle finger and knuckle were tomato red and swollen, no bruising (which was a great sign to Kyungsoo.)

“Ahhh… You might have sprained it, what happened?”

“I went to reach for the ball when someone else went for it and hit it too, but my hand got caught in the line of fire.”

“Oof, yup. That’ll do it.  I’ll send you to the nurse for now to ice it, alright? Who hit you, do you know?” 

Kyungsoo looked up and faced to the front of his position, there he spotted a familiar figure and he was dumbstruck. 

Wait what?  He hit me? Wait.. He’s in this gym class?! Why haven’t I seen him before?! Kyungsoo stared at the figure, long and contemplating hard.

“N-No.. I don’t know who hit me, sorry.”  Kyungsoo gave an apologetic smile.

Kyungsoo began to walk his way to the nurse but before he did so he turned to the figure that stared at him and glared holes into the person’s skull.

“I’ll remember this, ..”  Kyungsoo muttered as he stormed away to the nurse’s office.

“Do Kyungsoo, this is the fifth time in the last three months of school.  School started three months ago!”  Ms. Geum had been in her little refrigerator looking for a good ice pack to use.

“I-I’m sorry Ms. Geum.”

“Ah don’t be, you keep me company anyways.”

It was silent most of the way as she wrapped the pack securely around his finger and hand.

“I’d go to the hospital later and get an x-ray of that to make sure it’s alright.  But wait after two weeks.  Keep it immobile for two weeks and I think it’ll be well on its way to being healed.  Do you hear that Do Kyungsoo?  That means no work for two weeks.” Ms. Geum stuck her finger out at him as she paced back to her seat.

“B-But!  Ms. Geum!”

“No butts!  You’ve worked enough in your life; I think you can manage for two weeks without a pay check.”

“Ms. Geum-”

“I don’t want to hear it young man.  Now get your flower boy up and march out of this room to your next class.”  Kyungsoo hung his head and sulked for a short while.

“Yes ma’am.” Kyungsoo mumbled as he stood up holding onto his hand, and made his way out of the nurse’s office.

As soon as Kyung had walked out of the room, there was a figure leaning up against the wall, slowly rubbing it’s heal against its leg.

“Oh.  It’s you.”  Kyungsoo put his strong façade on. 

“U-Uh! Um!”  The figure cleared his throat and scrambled from the wall with a heavy blush on his face.

Kyungsoo wanted nothing to do with him at the moment, so he stuck his head up and continued down the hallway, back to the locker room to change.

The body behind him stood alone for a while, but quickly picked his feet up to the older male.

“U-Um… C-Coach told me to make sure you were alright.”

His voice is weird… It’s like nasally? No, cause it does have a manly sound to it. Ugh I really don’t like him right now!  How can I forgive someone who made me disabled to work?!  Kyungsoo wasn’t really sure when the last time it was he judged someone.  He did it all the time to Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Luhan but only because they were annoying and he knew he could get away with it.  They were his friends.

“I-I guess you’re alright then…”  Kyungsoo stopped dead in his steps, causing the figure behind him to bump right into his backside.

Kyungsoo was slowly, very slowly, losing his patients with this guy.  He turned around and pushed the kid back, who was in fact a whole three feet taller than him (an exaggeration, but Kyungsoo sure felt the difference).

Oh my god, he’s so tall! But his face annoys me. Ugh! Kyungsoo cringed internally and bit his lip to keep from lashing out at the guy.

Kyungsoo held up his hand, “Does this look alright to you?”  Kyungsoo snapped.

The figure glanced quickly at the bandaged ice pack and looked away just as quickly.

“N-No…”

“That was rhetorical.”  Kyungsoo bit his lip to fight his urge from screaming at the kid.

Why the hell am I so angry at him!? Oh geez, I dunno Kyungsoo, maybe the fact you won’t be able to properly work for the next two weeks, which means a poor pay check, which means bills and food are gonna be thinned out terribly. And I can’t buy Yi Yi that phone I’ve wanted to get her! Ugh! That’s why I’m so pissed!

The figure stared at Kyungsoo a little longer waiting for some kind of reaction.

“Can I help you with anything else?” Kyungsoo sassed.

“I um..”  The figure started to fiddle with the bottom of his shirt. “I-I just wanted to apologize for that.”  He pointed toward Kyung’s hand.

Kyungsoo looked to where he pointed, but when he looked back up the figure was already doing a ninety degree bow. 

Kyungsoo snickered, “Alright, alright.  It’s fine.”  Kyungsoo knew deep down that it most definitely wasn’t okay, but the boy seemed really timid and sorry for what he did, so he let it slide.

“U-Um.. Because I’ve done this to you..  I am now in your debt.  So you can use me until you feel you’ve been repaid.”  The boy was still bowed down.

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and his jaw fell open.  He quickly started patting the kid on the shoulder to make him stand up straight.

“A-Are you crazy?!”

“Probably.”  The boy said calmly, which was a surprising to Kyungsoo for the fact that he was so shy earlier. “Yup most likely.”  The boy needed a moment to think about it again.

Kyungsoo shook his head, “Alright, you got yourself a deal, Kim Jongin.  You start tomorrow.”  Kyungsoo held his hand out.

Jongin stared at his hand like it was alienated.  Out of habit he went to reach for the hand, but took it back quickly.  His face was burgundy and it even hurt Kyungsoo to watch him suffer like that.

Eventually, Jongin was able to grab the hand offered to him and shook it with a firm grip.

“Yo, Kyung-Hyung, I heard you broke your arm today!”  Baekhyun came from around the gates and jumped on Kyungsoo’s back by using his shoulders as support. 

“Where the hell did you hear that?!”  Kyungsoo shrieked when Baek brushed up against his bad hand as he put his arm around his shoulders.

“Oh you know, the little birds that fly around~ They’re really cute you know!”  Baekhyun pinched Kyungsoo’s nose with a smile. “Now tell me, what happened? Who do I have to beat up?”  Baekhyun had a complete 180 change in personality, his face was dead serious and his tone was hostile.

Kyungsoo shrank into his metaphoric corner, “N-No one..  I just got my finger sprained. Nothing bad.” He held up his hand to show the wrapped ice bandage.  “Besides, the person who did this to me is now my slave.”  Kyungsoo smirked as he turned away to walk off towards his job.

“Daaamn, you’re evil Soo.. Anyways, do you want to get that checked out?  I can take you to the hospital and pay for you.”  Baekhyun gave him a sincere smile as he stopped Kyungsoo from walking any further.

“Nah, I’m fine.  I’ll let this heal on its own for two weeks. But thanks.”  Kyung smiled back.

Kyungsoo hated admitting to it, but his best friend was the most adorable person ever.  Even with the bowl cut he used to have when they were first years.

“Are you sure?  You might want a professional doctor’s note that tells you not to work.”

“Nah, I’m not gonna listen to the nurse, I’m still gonna work.  Just not as intensely, though."

“You of all people should not do that. Are you crazy!?  Your hand will never heal then! Ugh!  Kyungsoo, don’t do this!”  Baekhyun started pleading now, almost on the verge of fake tears.

“I have to Baek.. I need to support Ha Yi.”  Kyungsoo whispered the last part, but Baek heard it anyways.

Baekhyun snickered, “Just marry her off or something! Come on, just this once, skip work and come over my house or something.  Let’s read manga and eat chips for the rest of the night.  Pleeeaaassseeeee~?  Do you know how long I’ve always wanted to do something like that with you?”

Kyungsoo frowned, not once had Kyungsoo not thought of times like that.  He really wanted to spend time like that with Baekhyun too.  He wanted to do things like staying out late at gaming houses, spend all his money on the arcade and eat everything in sight. 

“Oh Baek.  I’m sorry.”  Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around Baekhyun and pulled him into a gentle hug. “You know I have to do this.  I need a roof for my sister and I to live under.  You know how important she is to me.”  Baekhyun sniffled, Kyungsoo wasn’t sure if it was fake or not but he still felt bad.

“It’s always about Ha Yi.  Ha Yi this.  Ha Yi that.  For once it should be about Baekhyun and Baekhyun only.”  Baekhyun sniffled again.

Over the years, Baekhyun has slept over Kyungsoo’s house, but that was only due to his impromptu arrives at the front of his house with his sleeping gear just ten minutes before eleven.  Baek had either run away from home, or he just really wanted to spend time with Kyungsoo, so he would always show up uninvited.  They were never able to do much because Kyungsoo was always busy doing chores, but Baekhyun never minded.  He would stay up until Kyungsoo settled for the night and they would cuddle up next to each other and talk about life and what it had to offer.

One time, during their second year of high school, Kyungsoo’s mother had come home in the middle of the night during a very awkward moment of the two boys in the middle of the living room.  They were on their way to giving each other a quick peck on the lips when suddenly keys started jiggling on the door.  Thankfully to Kyungsoo’s luck, his mom was drunk so she was having a really hard time getting in.

Kyungsoo scrambled to his feet so fast that he almost kicked Baekhyun square in the groin.  They had been lying on their sides, cuddled in the same bed for each other’s warmth due to the winter night.  Being the curious beings they were (more like Baekhyun who brought up the idea) the two wanted to know what it was like to kiss another male.  Baekhyun had used the excuse “no no it’s fine, we’re close man, everything will be fine.  We’re both men, so I just wanna see what its like.” To that Kyungsoo said with his cute shy face, “I-I don’t know Baek.. We’re best friends; we’re not really supposed to do things like this, right? What if we become awkward around each other?” And once again, Baek reassured him (Kyungsoo likes to forget about that night, but he’ll never get over the fact that Baekhyun actually talked him into it).

Anyways, just as the two were about to go in for the kill, Kyungsoo’s mother started to come into the house.  Kyungsoo was still young, and he knew his mother would kill him if she found anyone in the house without her knowing.  Baekhyun was always over when his mother wasn’t home.  For all he knew his mother didn’t even know the existence of Baekhyun. 

Kyungsoo was having a heart attack, he didn’t want anything to happen to Baekhyun, nor did he want to continue with their little session.  Thankfully the cleaning closet was in the living room, it was the closest thing he could think of to shove Baekhyun inside of.  Kyungsoo hurriedly whispered to him to hurry up and grabbed him by the arm, along with the extra sheets and pillow that lay on the ground.

Kyungsoo had almost finished clearing out the closet for Baek to be comfortable, but he was running out of time.  It would be one more curse word from dropping her keys and she would be in the house.  Kyungsoo grabbed Baek’s arm and shoved him into the closet and decided that it’d be a great idea to hide himself in there as well.  Baekhyun fell to the ground of the closest, on top of the vacuum that had been purposely moved for him.  Kyungsoo along with him found his body fumbling over Baekhyun’s legs as he tried to close the small closet’s door and fell right on top of Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was holding himself up by his arms, knees up and feet down, his sheets and pillow next to him.  Kyungsoo however wasn't so lucky; his groin had been pushed against Baekhyun’s left knee, causing him to gasp and react so that he could lift himself off of Baekhyun but instead his right hand had found Baekhyun’s crotch and applied pressure that Baekhyun would deem Chinese torture.  He gasped in pain causing him to move his legs and hands to cover his groin.  In the process, though, Baek’s knee brushed up against Kyung’s groin, causing him to gasp again (and to their dismay, both their body’s that had been supported by Baekhyun’s arms were now lunged forward, causing their faces to be unbearably close.) 

There were footsteps in the area outside of them, and they froze.

Kyungsoo had his head turned to peak at the light coming from under the door; he was sweating and breathing heavily.  He did not feel good at that particular moment.  His groin was rubbing in a way he rather it didn’t up against Baek’s knee, while his other leg, was caught in between Baek’s.  His hand was still on Baek’s groin, which Baek was trying desperately to remove because it had been suffocating under all the pressure (and not the good kind either).

Both boys were breathing heavily but as quietly as possible once the footsteps got closer.  While Kyungsoo feared for their lives, Baek had different intentions.  All he could do was try to trace the outline of whatever he could see of Kyung’s face from the light coming out from under the door. 

“Kyungthoo? Kyungthoo, my dear son where are you?”  His mom tried calling for him but Kyungsoo kept his mouth shut.

After what seemed like an eternity, the woman finally left for her room.  By then Kyungsoo knew she would stay there and sleep like a log for the rest of the night.

Kyungsoo sighed in relief once he heard his mother’s door close shut.  He turned his head back to Baekhyun, “Are you okay?” to that the older grunted and responded with, “Well I mean, minus the fact, that you’re getting a knee job from me and I’m dying of pain here, gee I dunno you tell me.” Kyungsoo immediately lifted his hand, he was wondering why what his hand was on was squishy yet had a shape to it. “S-Sorry..”

Kyungsoo blushed.  “So are we just gonna stay in here, orrr? Are you gonna keep me in here until something happens?” “I’m waiting for my mom to fully get in bed and possibly deep in her sleep.” Oh the thoughts that went through Baekhyun’s head during that time.

Baekhyun had moved his knees, earning another gasp from Kyungsoo.  The two ended up trying for a more comfortable position in the cramped closet, which ended up in Kyungsoo straddling Baekhyun. All kinds of thoughts had been running through Baekhyun’s head then, and found his hands reaching up to grab Kyungsoo by his collar.  “W-We should try it now.”  Baekhyun said while gripping onto Kyungsoo’s collar firmly.  Kyungsoo would be lying if he wasn’t as curious as Baekhyun, but their position was so suggestive, and his groin was a little achy.  No words were said between the two as they slowly moved their heads closer (Baekhyun finding this whole scene ridiculously hot).

Kyungsoo was lingering just over Baekhyun’s lips, hot breath and the smell of their dinner together spreading over both of their lips.  Kyungsoo had his cold hands wrapped around Baek’s fiery cheeks.  Baekhyun was antsy, he really wanted this.  But he knew Kyungsoo’s heart was too pure for such things.  However, Kyungsoo eventually placed his lips against Baekhyun’s.  Baekhyun was so shocked by the sudden warmth and plumpness of his lips that he hadn’t responded.  A few seconds later, just before Kyungsoo could pull away, Baekhyun had pressed his lips back up against his lips, finally responding to the kiss.

Kyungsoo was so embarrassed he thought he could die. 

The kiss ended there though.  It was congratulations to both of the boys though; they had both officially shared their first kisses.

Kyungsoo had been involuntarily rubbing Baek’s cheek with his thumb and found himself in a daze.  He would be lying if he said that wasn’t really nice.  But deep in his heart he knew better.

“Yeah, let’s never do that again.” Kyungsoo commented on the kiss. “Yeah same, wasn’t doing the trick for me.”  Baekhyun could beg to differ though, on the inside. “You should go take care of that.” Kyungsoo was clueless as to what Baek was talking about. “Take care of what?” Baek’s hand found its way to the tip of Kyung’s pants and jiggled it lightly.  Kyungsoo blushed and took the hint. “Oh that..”  “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to rub my knee on you.”  “No, it’s alright!”  The two were trying to keep things from being awkward, more of Baekhyun trying to keep it from being awkward for Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo had finally stood up and opened the closest door slowly, making sure the coast was clear.  They were safe, for now.  Hopefully if it was like her normal nights, his mom wouldn’t bother getting up in the morning either, so he and Baekhyun could sleep freely in the living room.  The two were now setting their bed back up and Baek stared at Kyungsoo, both their faces still very red.  “Go take care of that.” Baekhyun motioned towards the bathroom with his neck. Kyungsoo bit his lip, and quickly nodded before he scurried up to his feet and made a cute bee-line for the bathroom. 

What Kyungsoo never learned of that night was that Baekhyun took care of a little business of his own, but kept it in his pants. But that’s our little secret.

After that sleepover, the next couple of sleep over’s were a bit awkward with each other; it took a while before things became cool again.  Eventually Kyungsoo forgot all about that night, but sometimes his memory just decides to remind him of those things.    

“Alright, alright.  We’ll plan something, okay?  Later, though.  I really need to get to work before I get more cuts from my pay check for being late.”  Baekhyun let go of Kyungsoo and stared him in the eyes.

Kyungsoo was genuinely surprised to see Baek’s face; it was red along with his eyes, and he really had a runny nose.

"W-Why are you crying?!”  Kyungsoo was about to wipe his tears away, but Baek would have none of it; it was time he let go of Kyungsoo.  Baekhyun pushed his arms away.

“I’m not crying!  This is just my face! Besides, how am I supposed to act when my baby is more than all grown up?!”  Baekhyun covered his face in his hands and ran off to the car that was parked out waiting for him. 

Kyungsoo shook his head and snickered at the drama queen.  He followed him to his car, and stopped in front of the car door when the window slid down.  Baekhyun was pouting, but staring at the seat in front of him instead of Kyungsoo beside him.

“We don’t have a lot of time left together Kyunggie, not until college.  So you have to hang out with me more!”  Baekhyun turned towards him, giving him his best pout.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “I know, I know.”  He dared not tell Baekhyun that he didn’t think about college for himself.

“Come here.”  Baekhyun whispered as he motioned his hand to make Kyungsoo move closer as if he were going to tell him a secret.

Baekhyun looked around with his cute little grin like he usually did before he told his juiciest gossip but instead, he grabbed Kyungsoo’s collar and pulled his head almost inside the car before planting a sweet kiss on Kyung’s left cheek.

Kyungsoo’s reaction was to immediately pull away, but just as he did Baek had let go of him and sent him stumbling backwards and tripped a bit over the sidewalk.

“Go go go go!”  Baekhyun pounded on the passenger’s seat while chanting toward his personal driver.  Just as the car took off, Baekhyun stuck his head out the window, “My cute little youngin~ I love you~! You better keep your promise~” He called out catching the attention of everyone leaving the school grounds. 

“Hey! You punk!” Kyungsoo called out as Baekhyun put his head back in the car while laughing his obnoxious head off.

Just as Kyungsoo was about to walk away, Baekhyun stuck his head out again, “Kyung Tak my love!  I’m coming over later with a movie~” 

“Who said..” Kyungsoo muttered to himself.  Who the hell is Kyung Tak?! Worst nickname ever! “Then do your homework and bring it over you !”  Kyungsoo trotted towards the car as he yelled towards Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was having the time of his life though.

Baek brought his head back in the car once it was ready to take a turn to get back to his house and stuck a hand out to wave back at Kyungsoo.  He shook his head in response and waved back only after the car had fully turned and disappeared from his sight.

I swear, he’s always worrying about how much I work, but little does he know that he’s going to be the end of me!  Kyungsoo mentally cursed himself. 

Just as Kyungsoo was about to take a turn down the street to head to work, he heard his name being called by someone.  When he turned around, he was met with a waving tall and tanned boy.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and walked his way onward.  Jongin however, was shocked and frowned as he slowly brought his hand down from waving at him.  He ran over to him, almost running into a car in the process, and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Kyung! Come on, I’ll take you to work.” 

Kyung?!  Who the hell does he think he is?! It’s Mr. D. O. to you sir!

“What makes you think I’m going to let you take me to work?”  Kyungsoo snapped at him.

“My dad will bring us; he came to pick me up.”  Jongin smiled all too terribly nice.

Damn these rich kids and their personal drivers or parents with cars who pick them up.  They’ll never learn the pain of walking five miles to each destination.

But as if on cue, Mr. Kim had stuck his head out of the rolling down window.  Kyungsoo immediately tensed and bowed ninety degrees in Mr. Kim’s direction.

“Come on, we’ll take you.”  Jongin said with that smile still on face as he grabbed Kyungsoo’s good wrist and dragged him to the car.

Get that smile off your face , you’ll get bugs in your teeth.  Wait, wait.  No that would be a good thing.  Keep smiling your stupid smile.  Look at you, your eyes barely show at all when you smile, I hope you fall.  Then again.. My eye smile is no better… ..

Kyungsoo was seated into the car as Jongin opened and closed the door for him.  Mr. Kim had stared at Kyungsoo through the rear view mirror to speak to him, “nice to see you Kyungsoo.”

“Ah yes, hello sir.”  Kyungsoo bowed his head toward him.

Once Jongin was in the car he sat on the opposite side of Kyungsoo.  He hadn’t put on his seat belt, while Kyungsoo gladly did.   Mr. Kim drove off leaving a silent atmosphere between everyone present in the car.

“So, Kyungsoo?”  Kyungsoo jumped and looked up to Mr. Kim at the rear view mirror.   

“Y-Yes sir?”

“What’s that you got wrapped around your hand?”  Mr. Kim gave him no second glance he only watched the road ahead of him.

“O-Oh this?  It’s an ice pack.”

“For what?”  Mr. Kim quickly glanced at him.

“Um,” Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin next to him. Jongin looked just as panicked.

“He fell down earlier and bent his finger back!”  Kyungsoo whipped his head to Jongin and bore daggers into his head.

Jongin quickly clasped his hands and rubbed them together and gave a pleading look to Kyungsoo, begging for him to play along.  Kyungsoo once again rolled his eyes and went along with the horrible story.

“Yeah, I was playing volleyball when I dived for the ball but rolled under myself and sat on my own finger.” Mr. Kim made a noise that sounded like sizzling beef and a breath of air.

“That must have been painful!  It’s not broken right?  Should we take you to the hospital?”

“Ah, no no!  It’s quite alright.  It’s only sprained, after about two weeks of healing it should do.”  Kyungsoo smiled reassuringly.

“Oh?  So does that mean you won’t be working then?”  Mr. Kim asked fairly curious.

“Ah, no. I’m still gonna work as best as I can.  If I may, that is.”

“Hmm…  I really don’t know..  You’re gonna need your hands for this job.  You can’t wash dishes, and you definitely can’t wait tables.  You probably can’t collect glass wear and plates and such.. I think you can do clean-up crew this time around.  Just like old times.”  Mr. Kim smiled at Kyungsoo through the mirror.

“Really?!” Kyungsoo’s face lit up.  “Thank you sir!”  Kyungsoo bowed and sat back in his seat to get comfy.

You’re totally sweet talking him dad. I do NOT approve. 

 


A/N: The pic at the top is supposed to be of the closet door.. 

Hmmm, got a little steamy between Baek and Kyung when they were younger~... Sorry about that, the inspiration for that came out of nowhere. So you have to guess what was going on then with Baek and what's going on now~~

Thank you for reading~  But thank you for reading, I hope you enjoy what I have to offer later~