Chapter 3

Crazy Love in One Hello [HIATUS]

 



Ren's POV:

 


DoYoon and that guy, whoever he was because I still don't know his name, visits me at the eatery. We were doing our assignments at one of the table when mom went out to buy something in the market. So I am the one in charge in the place. We are chatting and talking random things while doing our homework when Young Saeng-hyung arrives. We stop laughing and we look up to him. He notices me and calls me to go near to him.



"Neh, hyung-nim?" address a bit formal to him. I'm not still over to what he had done to the lady and especially to Hyun Joong-hyung even though it was already five days had passed.
 


"Mom's not around?" he asks likely not interested.
 


"She went to the market to buy her ingredients, waeyo?"



"Buy me two beers in can and a pack of cigarette." he pulled some money inside his left pocket and give it to me.
 


"I can't as eomma assign me here."



"Don't pester me. Alright, I'll wait you but hurry up!"



"Please don't leave the shop while I'm buy---"

 


"Hurry up!" he cut me off.
 


I jump a bit in my place and starts running off. I don't know but when someone raises a voice to me, my heart jumps, startled that I can't look straight and fidgeted. So then I went out but it took me fifteen minutes before running back at the shop. When I went inside, I didn't see Young Saeng.

 

"Where's hyung?" I ask Doyoon.

 

"He said that you are too slow that he headed home right away." copying my homework.

 

"But I was just a couple of minutes late because the store that I recently buying for his beer was out of stocks."

 

"Bro, Don't be so down. He left too early because a girl came in right away when you run off to buy." the no name guy said to me.

 

"Thanks... but how can I bring this one. I can't leave this place as mom told me not to go anywhere."
 


"Oh, come on dude. Don't be upset. Alright, I already finished copying our homework so I can drop those beers to Saengi-hyung before I go home. It's the same way to go Daehyun's house when I walk."



"Kansahamnidda, Doyoon-ah. I'm sorry that I bother you about this." I pat his back and we made a high five.



"See you tomorrow at school." then he look to the other guy and wave his hand to him. "Bro, annyeong."



"Annyeong." he replied.

 



So we both left behind.
 

 


So what's next? He coughs suddenly to break the awkward silence we have and I laugh at it.
 


"Sorry pal! I just don't know what to talk to as we are already finish on our homework." I said.

 

"Yeah." he giggles. "Yep. What do we do next?"



"Did you bring something for me?" I asks when I remember he said before but he frown. "The cd or a player? You told me you'll share something."

 

"Oh. Oh yeah. I forgot that..." he get his bag and rummage it. He showed me an old cd without a title. "It was owned by my sister and I ask him if I can have it because I also listen to this song."

 


"Can I have this? What's the title of this?" I flip the cd twice to look if there's a hint of the title or the singer.
 


"I forgot who sung it. One of the songs I listened there was hmn... 'Just Dance'. It's an English song and I like the dance beat and rhythm--it makes me dance." he noted.



I was too giddy to have a new thing to keep. Oh, how I love to have a cd to be called mine. But the guy snatch it in my hand away while his tongue out. I frown.



"I'll think about if I'll give it to you or not." he waves the cd to tease me more.



"Hyung... I want to have like that!" I said with please.



He paused for a while and then he smirks at me. "Come and get it, dongsaeng!"



We circled around every table and we giggles and laugh. This teasing becomes fun for me. I feel free and being kid inside release as the game of ours makes me sweat and exhaust but it feels good inside. My hyung and I were not allowed to go out to play any sporty games especially outside the house because mom doesn’t want to. My hyung sometimes can't control eomma that he can play outdoor games with my cousins. Being young held her too much control to me not to go out. I envy my brother as he can do what he wants. I just look out the window hearing their laughter and giggles whatever they are playing. But now, just now... it overwhelms the happiness bringing this game to me.
 


This little happiness inside of mine had short live as my mom shouted my name tremendously that cause us to stop dead on the spot. Her face was really scary; registers the anger inside of her.

 

 

"I DID NOT LEAVE YOU HERE JUST TO FOOL AROUND, CHOI MINKI!!!" the firmness of her tone and calling me in full name made me feel die already.
 

 


My mom hurriedly walks toward me and pull my hair, dragging me into the kitchen area. I secretly look at the guy who witnesses the humiliation I received from my mom. My eyes watered and suddenly trickle down silent tears. I think that guy felt the need to be out for seeing me in that situation. He silently gets his thing and walk out throwing a one last pity look to me.



I wish you didn't see this. Mom, please I'm not just hurting because you pulled my hair but I'm hurting inside! You just show how low I am to what I called friend.

 
 
My chest tightens like tearing my heart in the inside. A moment later, my face were still full of tears while sitting at the corner while my mom quietly fuming but arranging the things she bought from the market.
 
 
 
"I... I'm sorry." a squeaky voice out on me while my head hung forward.
 
 
No one can explain why it happened that way but I don't have the courage to defy her or ask about why she did that. I feel to be sorry as I didn't do the things she ask me to do properly.
 
 
 
How idiot I am... Pity me. I am too dumb not to follow properly.
 
 
 
We close the eatery and went home silently. When we were at the garage, Auntie Gyi In talks to my mom and I ask her that I'll be heading first to fix the bed for us. I still hate myself for not doing the right thing. While arranging the bed for us, my tears silently trickling down my face again when I remember how eomma pulled my hair in front of other.
 
 
"I'm not good for my mom... I have no right to be called son of her." I mumble in between my sobs.
 
 
 
After fixing our bed, my eyes landed on the opened closet as there is no door on it filled with bottled medicines. It is so inviting that I walk towards the closet and look at it blankly.
 
 
 
 
How was it if I was gone? Is my mom going to miss me? 
 
 
 
I look at it one by one still crying silently. It's for colds, fever and antibiotics. The milligrams of it can be high for me if I take more than the usual dosage, isn't? I smile bitterly. If I want to die, I don't want to be painful. I'll choose to die silently than to suffer like others. I took one of the bottles and open it. I stare at it long enough before I slowly pour four tablets in my palm.
 
 
 
 
I hope... It will take away the pain I had inside.
 
 
 
 
I slip all four at once inside my mouth and drink some water to digest it. My eyes still filled with tears and I decide to lay down covering my body with blanket. I felt dizzy and at the same time sleepy. My throat has a burning sensation and my heart beats rapidly. I slowly closed my eyes as the last tears drop down the side of my eyes before my mind went to an absolute black

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyun Joong's POV:
 
 
 
 
I am here in front of So Min's school like six in the evening, waiting for her. I asked my superior if I can go early and he agreed to it so that's why I'm here. Some girls stare and seductively smile at me when they pass by.
 
 
 
'Sorry ladies, my heart is already taken.' I thought to myself while softly kicking little stone in front of me.
 
 
 
"Poor pebbles... Is it so hard to be kicked like that?" So Min coo to what she refer the stones that I kicking to kill time. I smirk. This girl surprises me with her cutesiness.
 
 
 
"Did you wait too long?" she asks looking at me.
 
 
 
I shook my head before answering.
 
 
 
 
"No. I asked my superior to be off early so I can meet you."
 
 
 
"But you didn't know the time my classes ended that's why you're early, am I right?" he cheekily smile.
 
 
 
I scratch the back of my head and heartily laugh.
 
 
 
"Yeah... That one too." I admit.
 
 
 
"Well, you're lucky that we don't have our last subject that's why we're early."
 
 
 
"What time do you go off your school?"
 
 
 
"Around seven."
 
 
 
"My off in the library is seven-thirty."
 
 
"Ohhh..." her lips shaping in 'o'.
 
 
Suddenly Jung Min approaches us.
 
 
"Oh! Joong-ah! Nice to see you here! Are you going to pick me up?" Jung Min said gladly then glance to So Min that he didn't pay attention earlier. "Yoh, I...ahm..." pointing his fingers and looking to me and to So Min signalling 'Are-you-two-dating-now?'.
 
 
 
I lower my head a bit and smile.
 
 
 
"Really? Woah...Success! Yahoo!" he shouted and bouncing up and down to his place. He waves his index finger to me and smiling brightly, "You Badass! You made it difficult for me to crawl under your shirt just to set you to this girl! Haisshh!"
 
 
 
"Alright, it is. But it's too early to say that we are together as it is the first day to court her."
 
 
"Woah! Really... Tell me So Min, how many months you'll be hard on him?"
 
 
"It depends." he playfully answer.
 
 
 
"Tch. Cheeky! Alright. I'll let the two of you alone to have a quality time." he wave at us and walk away, giving us a space.
 
 
 
 
Finally~peace.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We silently walk home. I don't know how to approach a girl in this kind of situation. Only God knows how happy I am having her here right now with me. There are times we glance each other and smiles every time we caught our selves staring. We giggles to something that I don't know the reason and talking anything under the sun. Its refreshing to accompany a cutesy like her; she is so charming and her presence makes me want her more to be on her side.
 
 
 
 
Is this the feeling of... In LOVE? 
 
 
 
 
"Whats on your mind?" her question interrupts me from my day dream.
 
 
 
"Huh? Ah... this feeling is so new and overwhelming..." I point at my chest.
 
 
 
"Are you always like these?"
 
 
 
"Hm?"
 
 
 
"These... being honest to your feelings. You express what you want and what's in your mind."
 
 
 
"Being true is one of the spices of a relationship, isn't?"
 
 
 
"Yes it is. Min-Min didn't mention that you being too honest."
 
 
 
"You don't like to be like that, So Min-ssi?" I inquire because I don't have any idea in dating and in a relationship. This is the first, if it is.
 
 
 
We stop walking at the middle of the park. She stands near to me and wave her hand gesturing to lower my head to whisper something. I follow what she asks and she moved her head near to my ears. I can feel her breathing while she I hear her sweet voice.
 
 
 
"That will be another reason to fall for you." she whispers.
 
 
 
My heart skips as what she said. It flutters too much that it's like I run miles away. I just can't keep the happiness I feel, I smile at her gleefully.
 
 
 
"T-thank you." I said when we continue walking to where we stayed the other night.
 
 
Her hands brushes accidentally to the surface of my hand thrice and I feel tempting to get a hold on hers. She noticed that I glimpse at her then to our hands then she hold my hands firmly. I jump to the touched she do and stop to my tracks looking at her wide eyes.
 
 
 
"Waeyo?"
 
 
 
"I... I am happy and it's my pleasure to be hold by you."
 
 
 
"Silly." she giggles and she tags me along the way to continue walking.
 
 
 
"I will always remember this place." I mention to her while looking around.
 
 
 
"Why? Because this is the first place we held our hands?" pulling up our hands entwine to my face.
 
 
"Yep, it can be. But that's not it..."
 
 
"Then what?" she look at me with her curious eyes.
 
 
"Here... it is the first time I let myself fall for you. Your Hello that night received a warmth that I need."
 
 
It's her turn to blush.
 
 
 
So pretty.
 
 
 
"Hyun Joong... I maybe a party-goer and a bit naughty but I still like the traditional way how you approach me. I hope that first impression you had with me change.""It won't change."
 
 
"But... you mean, you like a party-goer and being naughty?" she blink twice.
 
 
"Do you know what my first impression to you was?" I tap softly her nose.
 
 
 
She cutely shook her head and shows pleading eyes to spill it. This girl can kill me right away.
 
 
"You're an angel sent from heaven when I need someone that night." I smile at her sweetly.
 
 
 
Her eyes sparkling and her cheeks blushes the way rose blooms.
 
 
"You mean... it didn't give you a bad impression when you heard to Jung Min that I'm partying with him?"
 
 
 
"No. Absolutely not. We didn't have the opportunity to talk before but when we had, that's were I got my impression to you."
 
 
"You mean... yesterday night?"
 
 
I nodded.
 
 
"Oww... How nice to hear that."
 
 
"But... I need to tell you something so you can't expect so much to me and you can denied my courting if you want to."
 
 
"What is it?"
 
 
"I live fair just to get in a school. I'm not living freely like Jung Min as we don't have enough money that's why I am working as a part-time student in our school. I still got a concern with my brother and helping my mother sometimes. And..." but she cut me off with her soft lips.
 
 
She kiss me directly with her lips in mine. I blink twice as I did not expect to be fast like these for my first kiss. Damn, So Min! She is so aggressive but I still like it. I slowly close my eyes to feel the sweetness of her. She partially open and nibble by lower lips; as she done this, I mimick her and her upper lips. Our intense kiss last for a minute and stops to find ourselves to breath again. She shyly smile at me and look down to her feet.
 
 
 
 
Omo! Ottoke? Ottoke? We shared our first kiss, what will happen next? 
 
 
 
"Ahm..." cool Hyun Joong, you can't find a word to start with.
 
 
"See you tomorrow. I will wait at the park." she said.
 
 
So Min waves at me bef ore turning around and open their gate. I did not notice that we were already in front of her house. 
 
 
 
 
Woah! We had our first KISSED in front of her house?! I can't beleive it.
 
 
 
I turn my head looking for someone might see us and luckily, it's already dark and no one's around walking. I sheepishly walking towards my way to my home while touching my lips with my index finger... reminiscing the sweetest moment I had with her. I walk pass to my mom and Aunt Annie at the hallway chatting and give them a bow for respect before climbing up the stairs. As I open the door, I noticed Minki already lying on the bed with his blanket, facing the wall and his back from me. I raise my eyebrow. It's a rare sight to see my little brother whose always hugging me whenever I arrived from work asleep already. Did... something happen when I'm out? I took off my uniform and change it into pajamas and when I was about to nudge him traveling down the mat we had for sleeping, the door opens as mom entering our room.
 
 
 
"Let him be. Don't you want to eat dinner?" my mom stops me and asks."D...id something happen here?" I carefully asks.
 
 
 
"Nothing. Ren and I just got a little argument earlier. What? Don't you want to eat?"
 
 
 
"Y-Yeah... I had it already. You?" truthfully, I'm starving but something bothering me; looking this rare sight of Ren... it's itching inside.
 
 
 
"Yes. Ren and I already ate. Sleep now, we are early tomorrow." my mom dismiss the topic and pat lightly her pillow before lying beside Minki. I had no choice to be sleep besides my mom.
 
 
 
"Neh."
 
 
 
Kneeling down, patting my pillow and throws a last look to my sleeping dongsaeng before lying down with them.
 
 
 
 
Good night, Minki. I promise, I'll make it up with you...
 
 
 
 
Morning came and I was awoken by shuffling of things inside the room. I slowly open my right eye to peek and saw my mom packing our lunch box. She noticed my action and call me out.
 
 
 
 
"Wake your brother. He didn't budge when I tried to." she said without looking at me.
 
 
 
 
Weird.
 
 
 
Minki is easy to wake whenever we will go to school. I rub my two eyes with my hand and yawn. I stretch a bit before crawling down to the mat as I was lazy to stand up.
 
 
 
 
"Ren, wake up now. You need to get up now... we will be late at school."
 
 
 
I got no response. Not even a faint sound of his voice. I tried to shook him on his shoulder above the blanket but failed to receive any. My mind is raising and concluding something but I cut it before I actually think the worse. I nudge him once more but this time, I put a little force that made his body turn on me like a lifeless body. My eyes widen in horror as my gut saying is real.
 
 
 
Oh No! Minki! Don't! No No No! Don't leave me! Don't leave your hyung! Don't leave us!
 
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Sorry for Wrong grammar!  =)      ADvance Merry Christmas!