Chapter 15: Plan B

A cluttered birthday wish

(seriously MY LONGEST CHAPTERED FIC EVAH O___o and this will go on...)

Enjoy!


Chapter 15: “Plan B”

“Are you sure it’ll work?” Minwoo questioned hesitatingly. “There are a lot of holes in your plan.” He added.

“I am positive that it’ll work.” Junjin smirked. “Trust me hyung.”

Minwoo nodded vaguely but flashed a grin when Junjin started to laugh evilly. He really sounded like some master mind from a movie.

“And if it doesn’t work,” Junjin suddenly stopped laughing. “There needs to be the plan B.”

“Plan B?”

“Exactly.”

“Plan B?”

“Haven’t you ever had a plan B? You know; other plan if the other one gets ruined?” Junjin questioned seriously.

Minwoo brightened up and let out a clarifying sound. He really is the special stupid.

---------------------------

Next morning Jae Ha was standing behind the counter when the door was opened and two people entered the shop. A man, who seemed familiar, and a girl –about same aged with Jae Ha -, who was beautiful. Jae Ha stared at her and it felt like his life was completed. It was her who affected him.

“Oppa!” She said to the man. Jae Ha realized that might’ve been her boyfriend. “I didn’t know this shop existed.” She exclaimed.

“Me neither,” said the man.

Jae Ha followed their movements as if paying attention to some clients but truthfully he was staring at the woman. She was truly like an angel. Well, there were some people who were much more angel-like than her but to Jae Ha, she was gorgeous. Her high heels made the outfit look girly and her look bubbly. She was clinging onto the man’s arm and the man just smiled. Jae Ha was sure that he knew the man from somewhere.

“Can I help you?” He finally approached them. “You seem like you need some help.”

The girl smiled to him and the man startled.

“Yes!” She spoke.

Even her voice was beautiful.

“Well, then,” Jae Ha said. “How can I help you?”

“Do you sell anything romantic? I would love to give something to my oppa here.” She pointed at the tall man, who smiled awkwardly, next to her.

Jae Ha tilted his head a bit and walked pass them, trying to brush that woman’s hand. “We do sell couple bracelets.” He explained. “But they are slightly difficult.”

“How come?” asked the man.

“Well,” Jae Ha took two similar looking bracelets and walked towards the clients. “They will only wrap around your wrists if you two belong together. If you don’t,” He crossed his fingers. “The bracelet itself will choose the wrist he wants to wrap on.”

The girl gasped excited and started to nibble the man’s sleeve. “Oppa!” she squealed. “I want that bracelet.”

Jae Ha smirked. “It’s on sale.”

The man contemplated but finally accepted to buy it to his girlfriend. “What will the bracelet do if it finds the one you’re destined with?” the man interrogated interested.

“It will glow. But only you will see it. You and the one you’re destined with.” Jae Ha answered. “You want it?”

The woman nodded and gasped when the man advanced the counter with her. Jae Ha grinned behind them and followed them until they reached the desk.

“How much is it?”

“Oh,” Jae Ha voiced. “Since you were the first customers today, I will give them to you for free.”

The girl squealed even more and bowed her head down. “Thank you! Thank you! Oppa! We got them for free.” She pecked her boyfriend’s cheek much for Jae Ha’s disappointment.

“Thank you, Jae Ha-sshi.” Spoke the man as he was leaning forwards to see the nametag of the man. “I am really thankful to you.”

When they exited the shop, Jae Ha sighed. The man seemed awkward when the girl spoke eagerly but maybe he was just shy and not really used to it.

“Who was it, son?” his father asked.

“Just customers, dad.” Jae Ha responded and in that minute he got it. “Oh, my god! Oh, my ing God!”

---------------------------------

 Junjin and Minwoo were peeking behind a corner. They followed the every move of the two and wrote down every detail about what they were doing, what she liked and what she liked to talk about. Minwoo had called to Andy, who they were going to meet later that day, and asked him to bring Dongwan with him too. The maknae had been somewhat bewildered after hearing that Junjin was in the RicSyung team now. Well, it was about the time really.

“Hyung,” Junjin nibbled his absent-minded hyungs sleeve. “They are heading the cinema.”

“So?”

“We should follow them don’t you think?”

“Oh,” Minwoo replied. “Sure. But we need to meet Andy at noon.”

Junjin motioned with his arm as he pulled the cap of his new beret down and peaked behind the corner to the couple. A smirk appeared onto his lips.

“Don’t worry about Andy. We will have time for him.”

-----------------

Hyesung’s plan of just sleeping was ruined by a phone call. It was his manager Tae Hak, who had announced that he had gotten an interview and it was going to take a place in a café today after noon. The interviewer was called Sung Han Jin and he was really intrigued about Shin Hyesung, or that is what Tae Hak had said. Hyesung muttered, rolled around to his back and sighed, holding his phone under his palm.

“Can’t we reschedule it for tomorrow?” Hyesung asked.

“No,” Tae Hak answered steadfast. “You already have schedules for tomorrow.”

“But I was going to sleep today. It’s still a month to Shinhwa’s actives.” Hyesung whined.

“No buts hyung,” Tae Hak commanded. “Even Andy and Dongwan are on their schedules right now.”

Hyesung sighed and rubbed his face. “What about Minwoo, Eric hyung and Junjin?”

Tae Hak was quiet for a minute. The word ‘hyung’ after Eric’s name had totally shocked him and he thought it was disgusting.

“Minwoo hyung does have schedules but day after tomorrow. He postponed some of them for some reason.” Hyesung’s manager explained. “Junjin doesn’t have schedules until the end of the week and Eric hyung is on a date right now.”

Hyesung felt a stung in his heart and he got up from the bed.

“On a date?”

“Yup. Bo Geun told me not to disturb him on his day off.”

Hyesung wanted to cry but since his manager was on the phone with him, he managed to keep his eyes dry. Tae Hak said the last words and ended the phone call. Hyesung inhaled and exhaled. He really needed something else to think about than Eric and his unnatural and annoying girlfriend Hye Rin.

Or HyeRic as fans called them.

“Stupid Hye Rin.” Hyesung mumbled. “You stole my man.”

------------------------------

Eric and Hye Rin walked into the movie theater where the film was about to start. Eric would’ve wanted to have a one day just for himself but Hye Rin had forced him to go out with her just because the air was so nice. Even though it was snowing, the weather was warm. Eric wanted to sleep, since he had been awake the whole night thinking about his Christmas gift, and just have one lazy night with Gomdori and can of beer. But no, no, no: Hye Rin had called him at 10 o’clock and had commanded him to go out with him.

“I love this movie.” She said.

“You have seen this already?” Eric interrogated.

“Mmm…I saw this with my best friend last week.” Hye Rin smiled. “And decided to watch it with you again. I love romantic comedies.”

I don’t. “Me too,” Eric laughed. “A lot.”

Hye Rin took a handful of popcorns and spoke, while chewing, “Of course you love them. You’ve acted in several of them.”

Eric grinned awkwardly.

“Oppa,”

The man sighed in his mind. How talkative is this girl!? “Yes, Hye Rin ah?”

“Do you love me?”

Eric almost choked to his popcorns.

------------------------------------

Junjin and Minwoo sneaked to the back of the theater where they could see Eric and his irritating, not-ready-to-be-a-mom-yet and too idiotic girlfriend. Minwoo felt disgust going through his body when Hye Rin kissed Eric onto the cheek and the leader wrinkled his nose as if pretending to be cute. Or was it cute? Minwoo narrowed his eyes to see properly.

“Hyung,” Junjin whispered.

“Yes?”

“We need to get them out of here as soon as possible!”

Minwoo frowned. “Why?”

“So we could execute our plan.” Junjin murmured. “I don’t want to see them making out.” Junjin emphasized the shivers on his back by wiggling his shoulders.

Older man nodded and clasped his hands onto the seat ahead of him, gritting his teeth. Then, he turned to look at Junjin, who was biting his thumb nail, and interrogatively widened his eyes. Younger male shrugged and then the lights went off.

“,”

When the movie ended –after lasting for an agonizing half an hour –, Junjin and Minwoo hurried out of the theater. The main dancer of the legendary Korean group Shinhwa fished his ringing phone out and noticed that it was the maknae.

“Andy! Where are you?”

“Behind you, hyung.”

Junjin and Minwoo turned around when they heard their maknae’s voice and almost screamed if Andy hadn’t lifted his finger onto his lips.

“We should go.” Andy mumbled. “I need to know everything.”

Junjin nodded and so they exited the cinema before Eric and Hye Rin saw them.

------------------------

Hyesung kicked an icy rock while mumbling something unclear. He really had no mood to go some interview even though it was in his schedule. Tae Hak was scary so he couldn’t beg him to reschedule everything for the next day. That would’ve been exhausting too.

The café was located in the middle of two shops and Hyesung knew the place quite well. It was the one where Hye Rin worked at.

“Of course,” Hyesung shook his head.

When he entered a man immediately rose from his seat and flashed him a wide smile. He was the interviewer. Hyesung advanced him, hand reached for a handshake.

“Sung Han Jin.” said the younger man.

“I am Shi—“

“SHIN HYESUNG! Real name Jung Pil Kyo!” Han Jin stated eagerly. “Main vocalist of Shinhwa. Of course I know you. I admire you and your work.”

Hyesung smiled awkwardly. “Y-yeah.”

“Born in November the 27th, 1979.” Interviewer told. “Has a little brother called Jin Kyo.”

“Wow, you sure know a whole lot about me.” Hyesung spilled out and sat down when Han Jin showed him the chair. “I’ve never met a fanboy like you.” He laughed.

“Well,” Han Jin tilted his head while handling the edge of his teacup. “I intend to study everything about my idols. You, Mr. Shin Hyesung, are my all-time favorite. I love your song Same Thoughts.” He explained.

Hyesung grinned.

“So, I was very happy when my boss told me to do an interview about you.” Interviewer commented. “Do you mind if we start?”

The lead singer nodded.

“At first I would like to know about the other Shinhwa members,” Han Jin said.

“Well, feel free.” Hyesung stated. “Ask me anything.”

Han Jin took a sip of his tea as he switched on the recorder and took out a pencil. “There are six guys in Shinhwa. Who do you feel the closest with?”

Hyesung started to contemplate. He lifted his hand under his chin and pouted, looking anywhere else than the interviewer who snapped fast pictures of him. Hyesung didn’t notice it though.

“Well, I must say that my baby bird is my first choice.” The main vocalist of Shinhwa answered. “But lately,” He added. “I’ve started to feel warm feelings towards Eric hyung.”

Hyung, the interviewer thought frowning. “Ah, really?”

Hyesung nodded. “I can say that I love him.” He laughed.

Han Jin blinked his eyes but wrote everything down. Hyesung just innocently looked around the cozy café not really realizing what he had just said. He took a sip of his iced Americano and smirked contently.

“But everyone always thought that you were like oil and water, or, Tom and Jerry? Isn’t it true? Is push and pull just your fake relationship?” Han Jin interviewed interested.

“I really, truly love Eric Mun.” Hyesung said sincerely. “But as you may know,” he sighed, “he has his happiness with Hye Rin.”

The interviewer smirked ominously as he was scribbling something onto the little notepad while Hyesung was playing innocent again.

“Okay, Mr. Shin,” Han Jin commented. “This is kinda new information since everyone’s in that delusion that you two hate each other.”

Hyesung chuckled.

“So, you don’t hate him at all?”

“No, why would I? He is perfect in every way. I love everything in him. His eyes, the way his nose wrinkles every time he smiles, his mouth and lips, his character. But most of all I love Eric himself. He is the leader. He is the one I feel safe with.” Hyesung sang happily.

“Does he answer to your feelings?” asked the interviewer, weird twinkle in his eyes.

Hyesung quieted down and his face darkened and got sadder. “He is taken and he loves that girl.” The lead singer sighed and avoided Han Jin, who smiled really evilly now.

“Oh, is that so?” He mumbled and wrote something down. “I think this interview’s here.” He then added, earning an interrogative and sad expression from Hyesung.

“Already?” He interrogated.

“Yup, I need to write this to the next number and then it’s in everywhere.” said the man. “It was nice interviewing you, Mr. Shin Hyesung. I really admire you.” He added and reached to shake hands with him.

“Oh,” Hyesung took the hand and smiled. “Well, then. I’ll be waiting for the next number. I really love your magazine.”

Han Jin bowed and left Hyesung alone to pay the check.

-------------------------------

“They’re here.” Andy whispered and shoved his hand to Minwoo and Junjin who nodded. “What do we do now?” The maknae interrogated.

“We’ll wait.” Junjin smirked.

“For what?” Minwoo muttered.

“For them to kiss.” Junjin rubbed his hands together and winked with his right eye. “That’s the plan.”

Minwoo and Andy almost threw up. What!? Junjin wanted them to kiss!? That’s insane. That was something none of them wanted. But Junjin’s despicable smirk shivered Andy’s backbone. That was only part of the plan, he knew it, but what else did Junjin have in mind?

“But what if they don’t kiss?” Minwoo questioned.

“Hye Rin will take care of it.” Junjin answered while pointing towards the scene in front of them.

Andy and Minwoo turned to look at the girl who was tiptoeing to reach Eric’s lips. The man himself was rigid as hell but was getting closer when suddenly…the sprinkles went on. Andy gasped surprised and Minwoo grinned. Junjin laughed amused when he texted something to someone.

Junjin’s plan was the following: He, Minwoo and Andy will wait for Eric and Hye Rin to return Eric’s apartment building. And when they would lean in to kiss each other, Junjin would text his orders to his “friend”, who owned him after a night he wanted to forget, and he would switch on the sprinkles. When they were on, Hye Rin would get mad to Eric and she would slap him and go away, leaving Eric alone.

But…that didn’t happen. Eric took off his jacket and waved it on top of her and they ran towards Hyesung’s apartment building.

“Jin ah,” Andy whined. “Why isn’t it working?”

“I-i-I don’t know, Andy ya!” Junjin cried out. “I didn’t see that coming. But now it’s time for the plan B.”

---------------------

Eric and Hye Rin hurried into Pil Kyo’s apartment building since Eric’s sprinkles were switched on and the building was being evacuated. All the people ran away from their apartments and Eric took his chance by advancing Pil Kyo’s building and his apartment.

Eric fished his phone out and dialected Pil Kyo’s phone number but the main vocalist didn’t answer. The leader cursed deeply as he started to press the code to Pil Kyo’s door and when it beeped as the sign of opening, Eric and Hye Rin entered the clean and sweetly scented apartment.

“Oppa,” She sang.

“What?”

“Why are we in Hyesung oppa’s apartment?”

“Because my apartment building was being evacuated.” Eric snapped but when Hye Rin glared at him, he apologized. “And I know that Pil Kyo would let me into his apartment in anytime.”

Hye Rin smiled. “Well, should we continue where we were stayed?” she wiggled her eyebrows and walked closer to Eric who cringed.

She lifted her arms onto Eric’s shoulders and was just about to get closer when the apartment door flew open and Pil Kyo stood in the foyer, looking shocked as hell.

“Eric hyu—I mean, Eric ah! What are you doing in here?” He questioned. “And Hye Rin…you’re here too.”

“Pil Kyo, I tried to call you…Why didn’t you answer?” Eric hissed. “You never answer to my texts or my calls.”

Hye Rin clung onto Eric’s arm and pecked his cheek while looking at Pil Kyo with her deadly eyes. The little prince bit his lip and furrowed his eyebrows while throwing his bag to the floor. “I switched it off because I had an interview with this gorgeous man.”

Eric startled but closed his eyes when Hye Rin kissed his neck. Pil Kyo bit his lip when Hye Rin curled her arms around Eric and pulled him closer to touch her body. Pil Kyo kicked his shoes off and stormed pass them into his kitchen, making sure that his angry slap hit Eric’s back.

“What are you doing in here?”

Eric pushed Hye Rin off of him, followed the main vocalist and replied, “My apartment building was evacuated.”

“Nice. So you decided to come into my apartment with her?” Hyesung hissed. “You do know that I hate her.” He whispered.

Eric snorted. “So I can’t come here when I need to be evacuated from my apartment?”

Pil Kyo crossed his arms. “No, you can come here alone! Not with some girl who…who…is making me annoyed.” He muttered.

Eric leaned in to glare at Pil Kyo who pouted. “Are you jealous, Pil Kyo?”

“Tsk…I am not jealous.” The main vocalist turned his head, trying to hide his blush.

“Really?”

“Really!” Hyesung muttered.

Eric turned to look at Hye Rin who frowned and spread her arms, signing ‘what the hell are you doing?’ to her oppa. But Eric just rolled his eyes and told her to sit down.

“I think you’re lying, Pil Kyo-sshi.” The leader said.

“I am not lying.” Pil Kyo blushed even more. “I just really, really, really don’t like her.” He muffled.

“You’re jealous.” Eric smiled disgustingly. “You are so jealous.”

Shinhwa’s main vocalist pursed his lips and he crossed his arms tighter while still avoiding Eric’s intense gaze.

“What if I am jealous?” Pil Kyo finally asked silently. “What would it change?”

Eric startled.

“You wouldn’t fall in love with me. I know it. So, all I can do is feeling jealous.” He mumbled. “Just,” he said. “Don’t bring her here whenever you need place to stay for a while. It hurts me to know that I would never get you. So, please…Eric ah, take her away from here. Don’t bring her here. I love you too much. You don't seem to get that but your coldness and hatred towards me, hurts.” He continued. Pil Kyo turned around and started to cut some random vegetables. "Go, Eric ah." 

Eric lifted his hand and planned to touch the main vocalist when he decided not to do it. He turned around and said, “Hye Rin, let’s go.”

When the door got opened and closed Hyesung sighed and collapsed to the floor. He was so much in pain.

--------------------------

Junjin saw Eric and Hye Rin coming out of Hyesung’s apartment building and he clasped his hands together. So they had another chance to execute the plan B. Oh, yeah. The plan A was just the way to get to the plan B. And Junjin had thought about it too. How many nights had he spent just to plan the other way to ruin Hye Rin’s and Eric’s date? How many nights had he spent just to think proper way to revenge her the lost gingerbread man? Too many.

And finally Junjin had the perfect plan. If he hadn’t heard about Eric and Andy’s little argue, he wouldn’t have gotten the most excellent idea in his life. Plan B’s greatest executer was the maknae although he, himself, didn’t know about it yet. Junjin had planned everything carefully. It was his way of doing stuff. He may look idiotic and good man but, no, no, no, he was nothing else but.

He would do anything to his mommy bird.

“So,” Andy spoke. “What should we do now?”

Junjin turned to look at the miserable maknae. “I need you, Andy ya.”

Younger male blushed. “You what?”

“I need you to execute the next plan. You,” Junjin was quiet as if trying to lift the excitement up, “are the plan B.”

---------------------------

Eric and Hye Rin were, once again, walking on the street. Eric knew that she wanted to kiss him…but Eric wasn’t in the mood. Actually he never really was in the mood. Now he was just pondering about Pil Kyo’s words and how sad he had been. The heartbreaking pouting and those glowing, slightly teary, eyes. That really affected Eric. He held Hye Rin’s hand when the girl suddenly turned around.

“Oppa, can I kiss you now?”

Eric didn’t know what to answer and like a heaven sent or something, his phone rang.

“Hello?” He questioned, not caring about Hye Rin’s irritated expression.

“Hyung,”

Eric’s heart skipped a beat when he heard his beloved maknae’s voice. After that argue, they hadn’t really talked. Andy didn’t answer to his calls and they pretty much avoided each other. But now his cute little brother was on the other side of the line.

“Andy?”

“Can we meet? I really want to see you.” said the timid voice.

Eric nodded even though Andy couldn’t see it. “O-of course we c-can. Now?”

“If you can. I really need to see you now.”

Hye Rin tensed when Eric let her hand go and mumbled something unclear to the phone. Then, he ended the phone call and gave an apologetic bow and ran away.

Hye Rin sighed and opened a bag she had gotten that morning. Why didn’t it glow?