The Fourth Key

8 Keys

The fourth key is where you first gave your heart to me...

 

Jieun sighed, and ran a hand through her brown locks. He wants me to go back to where he confessed? Why is he making me do all of this when he is breaking up with me? Jieun placed the note back in its spot in the box, and closed the latch. It was noon, and the sun shone down on her, providing light but no warmth. Jieun’s stomach rumbled, and she sighed again.  I suppose I can go back. I’m hungry anyway....

 

--------

 

“Hey, Jieun! Do you...uh... want to go and get something to eat?” Kris asked nervously, his palms visibly shaking.

 

“Hmm...?” Jieun was distracted, lost in her book. She closed the well-worn pages and gave all of her attention to the tall boy in front of her. “Sorry, I was at a really good part and I didn’t hear what you said.”

 

“Oh, uh.. that’s okay! I was just wondering if you wanted to go and... and maybe go get something to eat with me? I mean, you don’t have to or anything! I just thought that maybe you were hungry and, uh, I know I am hungry, and um...” Kris trailed off, looking away with flushed cheeks.

 

Is...is Kris really asking me out, like on a date? The Kris Wu. The guy that I have had a crush on for the past three years. Oh my gosh, I can’t believe it!  Jieun blushed, and responded with a cheerful, ”Of course! I’m starving.”

 

Kris blinked, “Wait. You really want to go with me?” He was astonished, he didn’t think that the girl he had liked for the last few years would actually say yes to him.

 

She nodded shyly and he took her hand, dragging her off to his favorite restaurant.

 

Kris and Jieun walked down the street to the closest bubble tea shop. Kris opened the door for Jieun, like a gentleman, and her cheeks flushed again as she bowed and took a couple steps inside. Her eyes widened in astonishment as she took in the interior of the shop. It had a nice and cozy atmosphere with couple tables scattered haphazardly around the shop. It was quite charming, and Jieun fell in love with it. Kris noticed her look of absolute joy and smiled, he still couldn’t believe that she wanted to be here with him.

 

They ordered their food and ate heartily when it was ready. When they were done, they walked outside the shop and Jieun admired the foliage around the store., Kris began to fidget nervously again. Jieun noticed and gave him a warm smile.

 

“Are you okay, Kris?”

 

“Yeah.. um I actually had something else I wanted to ask you.” Kris began, but he was so nervous that he didn’t know if he could say it.

 

“What is it?” She asked, her eyes lighting up with curiosity.

 

Kris sighed, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath before continuing. “Jieun, I like you. I’ve liked you for the past three years and I was wondering if-” He broke off his confession as he felt slender arms wrapping around his waist and Jieun’s head pressing against his chest.

 

“Yes.”

 

That one word made Kris happier than any other time in his life.

 

------

 

Jieun found her way to the cozy little restaurant where Kris first confessed, marking one of the happiest days of her life. Sitting down at a table by herself, she ordered a bowl of ramen, hoping it would warm her up.

 

Slurping the hot noodles down, Jieun was disappointed to find that they didn't help at all, she still felt numb inside. I need to hurry up and find the stupid key so I can get over this...

 

Her eyes wandered around the shop, looking for anywhere that Kris could have hidden a small wooden box. They fell on the flower pot in the corner of the room, a pink rose planted in the middle of it. Jieun walked over to the plant and quickly noticed a wooden object placed at the base of the flower. She took a deep breath and flicked the metal clasp open, revealing the contents. Inside was a key marked with the number four, as well as another note.

 

The fifth key is where we had our first kiss.

Can you remember, Jieunnie?