A Second Thirst

Eternal Flame

In the middle of the day, Hyunjoong was awoken by the boiling of blood inside of him. He looked over at his defenseless lover and grit his teeth, not knowing what to do. The boy's skin seemed paler than before and he could almost see the veins in his neck; blood pulsing through.

"Youngsaeng-ah..." Hyunjoong murmured, gently shaking the sleeping boy.

The latter groaned, snuggling deeper into the blanket. Hyunjoong kept on shaking him until he finally reacted by slowly opening his eyes and looking at him. "Hyunjoong... What is it? It's still noon."

"I... I can't sleep..."

Youngsaeng reached over and placed his hand on the vampire's. "Why?"

"I'm..." Hyunjoong hesitated, looking away. The younger boy didn't get it at first but then understood when he noticed that the vampire's eyes weren't the usual royal purple anymore. He slipped off the bed and went over to Hyunjoong, ing his shirt.

"Let's go to the washroom," Youngsaeng said and led Hyunjoong away from Hyunsaeng, closing the washroom door behind him. He slid his pajama shirt down his shoulders and tapped his neck. "Here."

"Are you sure...?" the older boy grumbled, swallowing the urge to dive in at the sight.

Youngsaeng moved in closer and pressed his body right against Hyunjoong's. "Of course. Drink as much as you want."

Hyunjoong grabbed onto the cute boy's shoulders and leaned down, his long, fangs glistening in the light. Youngsaeng shut his eyes in pain when the vampire plunged his teeth into his neck.

The older boy indulged himself in the sweet blood, making a red mess on the right side of Youngsaeng. He kept drinking, slurping up the crimson liquid like water. Youngsaeng grit his teeth, starting to feel light headed like the first time he had let Hyunjoong drink his blood. He took a step back to prevent himself from falling over.

A few seconds later, Hyunjoong finally pulled away and the canines shrunk back into normal size; he let go of the boy and shrieked when the latter fell to the floor with a thud, unconscious.

"Youngsaeng! Saengie!" he kept on shouting frantically, trying to shake the boy awake as he kneeled by the boy.

"Hyunjoong hyung! What's happening in there?" Kyujong's panicked voice came from outside as he banged on the door. There were also voices of the others. "Hyunsaeng woke up."

"Take care of Hyunsaeng for me for now," quickly replied Hyunjoong. "Youngsaeng... collapsed so..."

"What?! He collapsed?!" Jungmin shrieked in shock. "Hyunjoong, open the door right now. I smelt blood from all the way down the hall. Did you go and drink his blood again?"

"It smells good..." Jonghyun's voice floated in.

"Control yourself!" Key snapped.

"Just go and take care of Hyunsaeng!" Hyunjoong exclaimed back, wetting a cloth with warm water and bringing it back to the unconscious boy, carefully wiping the blood on his shoulder and neck.

"Saengie?" he murmured, shaking the boy again. The latter didn't respond, lying there like a few while ago on the bed where he couldn't seem to wake up. This was just like the first time he had Youngsaeng's blood. I drank too much again... Why can't I control myself...?

After he made sure that the blood was gone from around his mouth and Youngsaeng's skin, he quickly scooped up the boy and made his way out of the washroom, stopping to see that everyone was waiting outside, tapping their feet impatiently. Key and Jungmin was the ones especially fired up.

"Why don't you explain yourself?" Jungmin questioned, also tapping his finger on his arms. "You were drinking his blood again, weren't you?"

Hyunjoong looked down guiltily. "I... I couldn't control myself."

"You know that drinking blood from a being is not allowed. The Headmaster let you off the first time but if he finds out about the second time, what are you going to do? Why didn't you just take the blood tablets?" Onew scolded.

"His blood is so much sweeter..." Hyunjoong whined, carefully bouncing Youngsaeng into a more comfortable position. "I can control myself before I drink it but once I taste it again... I forget about everything."

"We have carrot juice," Taemin chimed from the back, holding a glass of orange liquid. "It's pretty good to replace blood. At least it quenches my thirst pretty well."

Hyunjoong stared at him. "You know I don't like carrots."

"I don't like carrots either but I still drink it," Hyungjun remarked and got hit at the back of the head by Jungmin. Taemin made Jonghyun chug down the juice before he lost it.

"Sorry... I know I set a bad example," the older vampire muttered.

"Let's go back to sleep," sighed Kyujong and began pushing everyone out of the way. Most of the people followed. Minho, with Hyunsaeng with his arms, hopped over to the bed and set the little boy down.

"Thanks Minho," Hyunjoong said with a smile.

"No problem. Get some sleep," the latter told him before walking off and closing the bedroom door behind him.

Hyunjoong carefully set Youngsaeng down on the bed; Hyunsaeng crawled over. "Mommy?"

"He's sleeping right now," the older boy murmured, shushing Hyunsaeng and bringing the toddler into his arms. "Let him rest."

"Okay."

The vampire put his son between him and his lover before taking Youngsaeng's hand and holding it on top of Hyunsaeng. The little boy saw and grinned, placing his hand on top of the couple's. Hyunjoong looked at him and smiled. "Why are you so cute?"

"Daddy, can we go out and play?" Hyunsaeng asked, his eyes round with happiness.

Hyunjoong smiled. "But Mommy's not awake. We're going to have to wait for a while for him to rest. He needs a lot of sleep because of me."

"Because of... you...?" the little toddler echoed slowly, quite in the dark of what was going on.

The older boy smiled. "Yes, because of me. Now let's sleep, arasseo? We'll go out for a walk at night."

"Neh~"