Thirsty

Eternal Flame

For the next few days, Hyunjoong was inseparable from Youngsaeng, stuck to him like glue, as was Youngsaeng. Even though the others found it cute, they knew that the two couldn't be together forever as there was no way for Youngsaeng to live as long as Hyunjoong. 

But the longer Hyunjoong was around Youngsaeng, the more he became afraid.

What's happening? I've never been this bloodthirsty before... Even the blood tablets aren't working. He looked at Youngsaeng who was snoring softly beside him and could feel his blood pulsing when he looked at the boy's bare neck skin. Shoot. He slipped off the bed and hurried over to the washroom, quickly eating a few tablets and gulping water down. He looked into the mirror and opened his mouth, inspecting his canines. As he thought. They were longer and pointier than usual. His usual royal purple eyes had become glowing crimson from the lust for blood.

"Hyunjoong? What are you doing?" Youngsaeng asked quietly from the door of the washroom, still rubbing his eyes, only half-awake. "Did something happen? Do you feel sick?"

The boy smiled as he quickly took out his contacts, not facing the boy. "No, there's nothing wrong. Go back to sleep. I wanted to put my contacts back on."

"Eh? Why? We're inside right now," Youngsaeng remarked as he approached the older boy, grabbing his arm. "Come sleep with me... I feel lonely."

Hyunjoong blushed slightly and quickly pulled his hand out of the boy's grip when he felt his blood pulse again. "I'll come right after I put these contacts on. Go ahead and sleep."

The younger boy nodded. "Arasseo..." He looked up at the older boy with his silver eyes. "Omo, red eyes? I must be dreaming... My eyes are bad right now without my glasses or my contacts..." He turned and headed back to the bed.

Hyunjoong sighed in relief and quickly placed his colored contacts back onto his eyes and looked into the mirror. Good, my eyes are hidden. Youngsaeng shouldn't be able to tell the difference between my eye color like this. I can't let him know. He'll probably start to worry.

He climbed back onto the bed and Youngsaeng immediately slid his arms under the older boy's arms and around his waist with a smile, snuggling closer. "You're warm..." Hyunjoong heard him murmur.

Hyunjoong smiled and hugged the latter back, being careful not to look at the boy's skin. Just as he thought, his blood didn't begin to pulse again. He closed his eyes and fell fast asleep.

-----------------------------

Kyujong dragged Hyunjoong into the older boy's room days later and sat down on a chair in front his best while Hyunjoong sat on the couch.

"Hyunjoong, you're acting weird around Youngsaeng now. It's so obvious that even I noticed. How do you think Youngsaeng might feel?"

"Kyujong..." Hyunjoong began uncertainly. "There's a slight... problem..."

"A problem?" Kyujong echoed quietly. "What do you mean?"

"I'm staying away from Youngsaeng for a while..."

"That's exactly what I was talking about. Why?"

"Before, like a few days ago, whenever I saw his neck, I would feel my blood pulsing and I would start to feel thirsty for blood. My fangs even grow longer. I always calmed down my thirst with blood tablets."

"What about now?"

"Now, it's whenever I see him! I can't touch him or even look at him now. If I do, my iris turns red and I begin to thirst for blood again. I've never felt like this before. I've never ever wanted blood this much before. Kyujong-ah... What's happening to me...?" Hyunjoong cried in despair.

"Aish, I told you not to get too close to that guy," Kyujong snapped. "Now look what's happening?"

"It's not his fault though..." Hyunjoong whimpered, looking down as he fiddled with his hands. "I just... don't know what I'm supposed to do now..."

"Why aren't you saying anything to him?" Kyujong questioned worriedly. "Isn't it best if he knows?"

The older boy quickly shook his head. "No, no, I can't tell him. That's one thing I absolutely must not do."

"Why?"

"I don't want Youngsaeng to begin worrying about me. He worries whenever I need to use the washroom too much to eat tablets and he worries when I eat too little. I don't want him to constantly be thinking that I might his blood sometime," Hyunjoong confessed.

"But avoiding him is going to cause him to worry even more, isn't it?"

"But telling him is going to cause him still to worry right? It's probably going to make him worry more than if I avoid him. Do you think I should stay away from him for a while?"

"Honestly, if you want to keep your thirst under control, I think you should stay away from him," Kyujong replied calmly, leaning back on his chair. "So you don't want me to say anything? What if the other vampires begin to ask?"

"Don't tell them anything either. They don't need to know. Especially Key... He's going to kill me if he knows that I'm becoming a Type E vampire..."

Kyujong chuckled and patted his friend on the shoulder. "You're not becoming a Type E vampire, don't worry. You're just craving for Youngsaeng's blood right? No one else's. It must be because you love him."

"Vampire love is hard to deal with."

"It is but I'll help you. I'll keep my mouth shut."

Hyunjoong smiled. "Thanks Kyujong."

The younger boy stood up and stretched with a yawn as he started towards the door. "Anyways... I'll be heading to my room now. Youngsaeng-ah, I kept the door a bit open as I promised."

Hyunjoong's eyes widened when he saw his lover step in from outside, the younger boy's eyes casted down. Kyujong smirked as he looked back at his friend with a wink before exiting the room.