Forgiveness

Eternal Flame

"Hyunjoong! Where were you?" Kyujong exclaimed and rushed towards his friend when he entered the Night class building with Youngsaeng behind him.

"Accompanying Youngsaeng on a walk," Hyunjoong said with a playful grin.

Kyujong huffed. "It's almost time for class, for goodness sake! And you went out for a walk?"

Youngsaeng, not talking, walked past Kyujong and stepped up the stairs. Kyujong looked at him and turned to Hyunjoong. "Did something happen?"

Hyunjoong furrowed his eyebrows. "No... We didn't really have a fight or anything. I guess he's still a little anxious."

"Anxious? Why would that be?"

The older boy shrugged. "I'll go ask."

Hyunjoong hurried after Youngsaeng and followed him into their room. When they arrived, he closed the door behind him and pounced onto Youngsaeng, causing the latter to fall into the bed with the older boy on him.

"Ya!" Youngsaeng snapped and pushed Hyunjoong off. "What was that for?"

Hyunjoong pouted. "I just wanted to play..."

"I'm not in the mood right now," the boy grumbled bitterly and started towards the washroom.

Hyunjoong quickly grabbed his hand. "What's wrong? Why are you angry?"

"I'm not angry."

"You are!"

"No, I'm not."

"You definitely are."

"I told you I'm not!"

"Then why aren't you facing me?" Hyunjoong asked, turning the boy around and looking into his eyes. Youngsaeng looked away though. "See? You aren't looking at me. Tell me why."

"It's... nothing..." the boy muttered and tried to escape from Hyunjoong's grip but the latter was stronger than him and pushed him back onto the bed, climbing on top of him on all fours. Hyunjoong grabbed Youngsaeng's wrists and pinned them onto the bed with his hands on either sides of the boy's head. Youngsaeng still avoided direct eye-contact.

"Youngsaeng," Hyunjoong spoke with a stern voice. "Are you still scared? Frustrated? What are you feeling? I don't know. For some reason, I can't read your mind like I can with others. It's like there's a wall blocking me. And I'm not Hyungjun, I can't tell how people are feeling by only checking how they're breathing or inspecting their actions. Please. You have to tell me how you feel."

"I'm just..." Youngsaeng began as he finally agreed to look into Hyunjoong's eyes but then looked down again. "I'm just a little worried."

"Worried? About what?"

"Like, not exactly worried. Nervous, distraught... disturbed... I can't find the right word..."

Hyunjoong gently pecked the boy on the lips. "Well, what can I do to make you feel a little calmer?"

Youngsaeng gazed deep into the latter's eyes, the older boy staring back. Hyunjoong slowly closed in on the boy's lips and closed his eyes, connecting their mouths together, his hands still pinning Youngsaeng's wrists down. Youngsaeng moaned softly as Hyunjoong slipped in his tongue into his mouth and began intertwining their tongues.

"Mm... Hyun..." Youngsaeng breathed into the kiss.

The two broke away when they felt almost lightheaded from the lack of air but then immediately pressed their lips together once their breathing returned normal. Youngsaeng felt as if he needed Hyunjoong's lips on his own, the sweetness of his lover made him forget about who he really was and his surroundings. The older boy wanted more as he explored the boy's warm and wet cavern again, making the latter moan in the kiss. Hyunjoong let go of one of Youngsaeng's wrists and began ing the boy's uniform shirt, their mouths still connected.

They froze when they heard someone clearing their throat.

Hyunjoong whipped around to see Onew standing at the door with Taemin behind him. Youngsaeng saw them and he gasped, quickly shooting up and covering himself with the blanket, his face flushed with embarrassment. The two awkwardly stood there, having nothing in their minds to say.

"Well... Umm... Sorry for... Uh..." Onew started, not knowing how to start his sentence.

Hyunjoong laughed awkwardly. "No, it's quite alright. What are you here for?"

"Oh, I dragged Taemin here to apologize to Youngsaeng for what he said before," Onew said and pushed Taemin forward. The boy stared down at his feet as he slowly approached the bed. Youngsaeng lowered the blanket and looked at the boy.

"I..." Taemin began, somewhat reluctant. "I really don't think I should be apologizing but--"

"Taemin!" Onew exclaimed and slapped the boy on the back. "Just apologize properly, will you?"

"No," Youngsaeng interrupted as he slipped off the bed and stood in front of Taemin. "I know how you feel. Onew, he doesn't have to apologize to me."

"But what he said before. He said many mean things," Onew remarked. "He needs to apologize and learn a lesson."

"No, I honestly think he's right," Youngsaeng sighed, sitting back on the bed. "He doesn't need to apologize to someone like me. Even though it was the nine-tailed fox, I did murder his beloved and yours, too. You don't have to forgive me either, neither does Key, Jonghyun or Minho."

"We've already forgiven you," Onew cut in with a smile. "You're not a bad person, we know that. You were out with Hyunjoong destroying the demon nest for us, right?"

Hyunjoong shot up. "How'd you know?"

"Hey, I have my bats," the boy chuckled. "They can see you guys for me. I saw everything. You are a really kindhearted boy, I know that. I know that you would never even think about killing Krystal, Luna, and all the others."

Youngsaeng felt close to tears when he listened to what Onew had said. He brought his hands up to his eyes, quickly trying to wipe the droplets away.

"Th-thank you..." he stammered, wanting to hide his tears. "I... I really appreciate it."

"You destroyed the whole demon nest?" Taemin echoed and turned to Onew. "What? When? By himself?"

Onew nodded. "Yep, destroyed it by himself. He summoned the nine-tailed fox and killed all the demons there. There still might be a few in the city but... He lessened the burden for us, right?"

"What's your goal?" Taemin asked Youngsaeng, narrowing his eyes at the boy. "Are you doing this just so that you can get on our good side?"

Youngsaeng's eyes widened and he quickly shook his head. "No! Of course not! I just... I felt guilty for everything so I thought that destroying the demon nest would lessen your burdens."

"You have an alternative goal, don't you?" Taemin yelled at him, stepping towards and causing Youngsaeng to back away. "You didn't destoy the nest just for to make it easier for us. You did just so that everybody else would think you were a good person and turn against me! I would become their enemy!"

"What are you talking about?" Hyunjoong exclaimed and pushed the boy away. "I thought you came here to apologize! Why are you yelling at only Youngsaeng? He actually tried to do something good and what are you doing? You're blaming everything on him! You're not even having a second thought on what you're saying!"

"He definitely has another goal!" Taemin continued, his eyes burning with fury. "I won't forgive him. I never will!"

"Taemin!!!" another shriek came from the bedroom door. It was Key and the rest who had came to see what was going on. "What do you think you're doing?"

"See? They all think I'm bad!" the boy screamed, tears pouring out of his eyes. "They all think I'm the bad guy! I did nothing wrong! Unlike Youngsaeng who killed the girl I love! He did everything!"

Jonghyun appeared in front of Taemin and slapped him hard on the cheek. "What type of foolish child are you? You always pretend you're the victim, always depending on us to do everything for you. Whenever you didn't want to apologize, you would blame it on someone else. Whenever you felt bad, you would blame someone else for causing it. When will you grow up?"

Hyunjoong looked back at Youngsaeng who was curling up on the bed, burying his face in his knees. The boy gently crawled over to him and his back as he knew that the latter was crying.

"Youngsaeng...? It's okay," Hyunjoong coaxed as he brought the boy close to him. "It's not your fault. Don't listen to Taemin. You didn't do anything wrong."

He didn't respond.

Minho quickly turned to the boy. "Sorry Youngsaeng... I thought Onew had brought Taemin here to apologize but it ended up like this... I really don't understand why Taemin is like this."

"I know why," Key sighed and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "This guy knows that he should apologize and he knows he needs to. He just doesn't want to."

"Youngsaeng's in the wrong!" Taemin shouted, his face becoming red from anger as he tried to punch the boy but Jonghyun held him back, not letting him do anything unnecessary. "It's all Youngsaeng's fault! It's his fault!!!"

"Stop it!!!!!!!" Hyunjoong shrieked and went up to Taemin, who had fallen quiet from the older boy's sudden explosion. Hyunjoong stared down at Taemin, his eyes blazing with fire. "I don't know what's wrong with you or if you have a mental problem but if you have nothing good to say and if you're not going to apologize, then GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

After they finally got Taemin out of the room, Key sighed and slid down the wall, facing the bed. "Oh my god... I cannot believe this is happening..."

"Ever since he was a small child, he would depend on us to protect us and would not tolerate it if we joined the other side. Minho always stood beside him at the very least but now that Minho has even left him, this is the first time he's felt alone," Key explained.

"I regret spoiling him so much when he was small," Jonghyun growled. "If we hadn't, he would at least know how to apologize."

Youngsaeng wiped away his tears quickly and stood up. "I think I should speak to him alone."

"No, he's going to try to kill you," Minho protested.

"I'll go anyway. He can't kill me, that's one thing I know for sure. Sometimes... Letting out one's feelings through violence is the only way," Youngsaeng said and quickly opened the door.

"Wait, Youngsaeng," Hyunjoong stopped him.

The boy turned and looked at the vampire. Hyunjoong hurried over to him and buttoned up his shirt. "Sorry, I felt uncomfortable to see your shirt ed like that when you were walking away."

Youngsaeng smiled and gave the latter a quick peck on the lips before running out to search for Taemin.