Revelations

My EnAmigo


"Let's party!" The instructor exclaimed, making all the trainees in the room burst in excitement. Today is the company potluck event. The event starts with food brought by everyone, and later, the Secret Santa's will be revealed. 

"Enjoy, my busy bees. Today is your only playday. The showcase is in two days, so you better get your butts kickin' after this."
"Neh!" After that, the music was blasted and the party began.

Zelo was enjoying the party. Him and his friend, Jongup, were walking around chatting with random people and trying to show off their "talents".

Zelo noticed that Vivi wasn't around. He remembers seeing her arrive. He had said an insult and received her middle finger in return, so he knows she's here.

Then as if on cue, Vivi entered the practice room, heading straight towards the cooler. She opened it from the top and pulled out an ice cold water bottle. 

She twisted the cap open and brought it to her lips, gulping down the refreshing water. Zelo realized that she was all sweaty and her hair a mess. Normally, he'd be like "ew" cuz that's dirty, but for some reason, he caught himself staring at her. He realized that her skin was really nice. Not a blemish to be found, it's rare to see a girl that doesn't really need music. Her hair was silky and shiny, and it emphasized her small face perfectly. 

Zelo then unconsciously moved his eyes to her body. He always made fun of her for not being model thin or Beyonce curvy, but her body was actually alright. She had some curves, not overwhelming, but not something to scoff at. Vivi is actually beautiful. 

Zelo gulped when she fanned herself and pulled her shirt collar, accidentally giving him a peak at her bra underneath. Jongup saw too and  whistled, bringing Zelo out of his trance. 

"Vivi looks good now doesn't she? I guess she's working hard with both performing AND her looks." 
"Nah, she's as plain as ever." Zelo mumbled and then stiffened when he saw her walking towards him. He was expecting her to greet him, but she kept her head down, looking at the refreshments on the table in front of him...

"Fat ."
"What did you just call me?" Vivi said through gritted teeth as she brought her head up to meet his with the scariest glare she could muster up.

"First thing you do when you walk in is go to the food! You ARE a glutton!" He answered, seemingly unaffected by her evil look.
"That's not the word you used." Vivi persisted.
"Sheesh woman, forget it already! You've called me worse and I don't hold a grudge about it." Vivi pursed her lips and frowned, deciding to drop it.

Zelo couldn't help but giggle at the cute face she made, quickly shutting up when she slammed her fist on the  table warningly. (Actually she was just embarrassed cuz she heard him mumble "cute".)

"Where have you been? You're missing the party." Zelo asked, following her around the tables.
"I'm taking advantage of this opportunity like the smart person I am." Zelo scratched his head puzzledly.
"Everyone is in here celebrating, so the stage is empty. This is my chance to use it to rehearse my performance for the showcase."
"Ah~" He exclaimed as he sat down next to her on a bench off to the side of the practice room.

"You looked at all the food but you didn't get anything." Zelo stated, curiously.
"Yeah, I just wanted to see what everyone brought to share." She replied with a sad tone.
"This is a potluck, don't feel bad about getting food. Go get something!" He yelled, in concern.
"Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. I didn't bring absolutely anything, so it's not fair for me to eat what others prepared." Zelo was a bit surprised by her choice to follow what she believed was right. He then surprised Vivi by insisting that she should eat anyway and that he'll beat up anyone who's trying to stop her.

"Santa reveal time!" The instructor announced. "Gather, my children!"
Zelo got up to walk over to the group, and Vivi made her way out the door.
"Yah! You're not gonna stay for the reveal??"
"I'd rather go practice." She said nonchalantly as she exited the room.

The Santa's were revealed by stating the person's name and then who they gave a gift too. 
The first Santa was Zelo. Hyosung immediately ran to give him a hug when it was announced.

Sometime after that, it was revealed that Himchan gave Vivi the GD album. 
Zelo already knew that, since he was the one who told Himchan about her love for G-Dragon. He then realized that he was not there at the party.
He saw him earlier, where could he be?

"He wouldn't happen to be with Vivi, would he?" He thought aloud, catching Jongup's attention.
"Psh, what do I care?!" He yelled at himself, pouting. 

Jongup laughed, making Zelo blush at his outburst.
"You and Vivi a thing now?" He asked through his laughter.
"As if!" Zelo defended.
"Right, she hates you!" He laughed more while clutching his stomache.
"Is little Zelly in going through a one sided crush~~?" He cooed, killing himself with joy.
"I'm getting food." Zelo seethed as he got up and made his way to the table, leaving his friend to die on his own.

The instructor continued to announce Santa's, and Zelo continued to wait to hear who his was. His name had yet to come up, as well as Vivi's as Santa.
"It can't be..." He murmured when they were at the last Santa, Vivi, and his name was the only other left.

"Vivi was Santa to Zelo. That's all of them." The instructor smiled to himself and the trainees then went back to their festivites.

Zelo was left shocked. So Vivi asked what he wanted because she was his Santa. He knows very well how cheap she is, so he's surprised by the fact that she went out and spent money on an album for him.

Zelo smiled to himself about this outcome, and decided to make a plate of food to take to her. He'll walk onto the stage with it as token of gratitude that she won't be able to refuse.

He giddily walked around the platters, placing a little but of everything on the plate so that Vivi can try everything. YongGuk saw him being all adorable and laughed to himself.

"Is this for Vivi?" He asked in that deep voice of his, startling the boy, making almost drop the food.
"How'd you know?" Zelo asked, sincerely shocked.
"I saw you guys talking and then she left. I figured she didn't get a chance to eat and so you're being a good, kind gentleman and taking her something yourself." Zelo blushed and looked down.

"Actually, I was gonna do that, but I can just laze around since you're doing it." The smile faded.
"This actually to say thank you. She got me a really nice gift for the secret santa thing, which is so unlike her, so I want to show her that I'm grateful. Even if it is just with some food." YongGuk smiled at him and patted his back for doing the right thing. Zelo then headed out to Vivi.

He got to the auditorium and walked out onto the stage, stopping right by the curtains since she was in the middle of a performance. 

The song ended, so he was about to go out and greet her, but he saw her dart towards the machinery. She began working hard with the lights and audio tech. Zelo stood still, admiring her hard working image.

Vivi positioned herself on the stage again and repeated her lyrics, making sure she knows them well.
The performance began, and Zelo was left awed. 

Vivi is not a dance person, but the way she moved so smoothly from one move to the next, showed weeks of practice for this routine alone. Even while moving her body forcefully around the stage, her voice remained in tact. She must have practiced her breathing a lot, too.

Up on stage, Vivi looked like a million bucks. She was absolutely pro, and everything about her showed professionalism. She was performing confidently, yet careful as to make no mistakes.

She truly is determined to achieve her dream.

Himchan suddenly barged in through the auditorium doors, running up onto the stage frantically. Vivi and Zelo both looked at him in utter confusion. 

"Vivi!" He panted as he stopped. "Your parents are at the president's office!"
"What??" Vivi ran off immediately, thanking Himchan for the information as she passed his tired body.

Zelo worried about the situation. It seems like it's bad for her parents to be here. What could be happening with Vivi? Zelo decided to follow her incase he can be of any help.

Vivi barged into the president's office, interrupting the meeting among her elders. 

"Vivi." The president called while standing up. 
"What is going on here?!" Vivi yelled at her parents, furiously.
"Vivi, calm down. We're her to discuss your withdrawal from the company." Her mother stated carefully. 
"How dare you, without even letting me know?! Shouldn't you discus decisions regarding my life with me first?!" 
"Vivi, we thought this was a hobby, just a phase, but this is all you do and it's unhealthy." Her mom continued while Zelo caught up and peeped through the half closed door.

"This is my dream! Doing this makes me happy. Performing gives me life and I want to be able to do this my whole life. Why are you trying to take my joy away from me?" She yelled as she held back tears.

Her father then stood up firmly. "You will refocus on your studies. Nothing but school work from now on, arraseo? You will make your goal to graduate at the top of your class and then to get accepted by an Ivy League school in America. Quit this nonsense and make us proud for once." 
"All my accomplishments with singing mean nothing to you?!" She screeched, making the President feel uncomfortable in this environment.
"I have been recognized for my abilities my whole life! It is obvious that I have talent. Here I am where I'm supposed to be to actually do something with it! Why take me away when I'm already SO close?!" She sat down on the couch, and her fumes were visible. 

Her parents and the president exchanged glances, clueless to how to deal with this situation. Zelo decided to walk in now, since he has something to say about this.

He entered carefully, attracting their attention due to creaky door.
"Annyeonghaseyo." He greeted politely, bowing 90 degrees. "I happened to over hear your discussion, and I just wanted to say something."

"Who are you?" Vivi's father demanded.
"My name is Choi Junhong. I am a trainee here, and I also attend the same school as Vivi. She and I are working towards the same goal, so I can relate to her very much."
"Well then, please share." Vivi's mother spoke, hoping this boy would ease the tension.

"You two as her parents should know that Vivi is more than capable. She has an amazing ability that will guarantee her success. I know she will become something great one day. Like she said, her talent has been noticed her entire life, she only needs to put in some work to get something out of it. Please let her achieve her goal and live her dream. It's not something realistic for her. Your daughter has a great determination and amazing work ethic that will get her whatever she wants. Let her stay with TS. She needs this place so that she can get a chance to show off to the world. Don't regret this later when you see me on your television screen where Vivi should be."

The parents were left in awe after his little speech. This boy spoke with such knowledge, such assurance, as if he would bet his life on Vivi becoming famous one day because it was a sure thing set in stone for the future. Vivi's jaw dropped, and her heart swelled a bit hearing him say such nice things about her. She'd think that he'd be glad about her leaving the company, but instead he fought to keep her.

Vivi's dad got up and then helped his wife up. He looked at the president and bowed his head.
"My deepest apologies for this issue. We will discuss this more in depth at home and then contact you with our final decision." He harshly grabbed Vivi's arm and dragged her out, heading home.

The president let out a deep sigh and then smiled at Zelo. "You did good, boy." Zelo smiled half heartedly.
"You know a gem when you see one." The president chuckled, later joined shyly by Zelo.