Always Be Friends

Divided In Half

(Luhan’s P.O.V.)

 

~14 Years Old ~

 

//Splash//

 

“I can’t seem to get this” I say, as I try to skip rocks using my power of telepathy. Usually everyone in the village has learned to control their powers by now but I can’t seem to get it, that’s why I go to the river a lot so I can practice and hopefully gain more control over my power, but that doesn’t seem to be working.

 

I sigh, “I’m never going to get this” I ruffle my hair frustrated at myself.

 

“Get what?” I hear someone ask softly that I almost didn’t catch it. I look over across the river and I see someone standing there, he has crazy hair that is rainbow coloured, he’s small and looks kind of young maybe a year younger then me.

 

“Oh well just my powers, I can’t seem to get control of them.” I say.

 

“Oh” He says awkwardly, and then looks at the ground 'He probably thought I didn't here him' I laugh a little bit.

 

“Oh sorry, I’m Luhan nice to meet you” I smile.

 

He looks back up at me “Oh Sehun, nice to meet you to” He says then smiles.

 

‘He has such a cute smile’ I think before asking,

 

“So how old are you, because you look kind of young”

 

“10” He says “You?”

 

‘Wow, he’s 4 years younger than me’ I think “Oh I’m 14.”

 

“Really, you look younger then that” Sehun says surprised.

 

“Yeah, a lot of people in the village sometimes forget I am one of the older children.” I laugh and then I remember that Sehun is across the river. ‘Wait does that mean he is from the dark village, oh no but he is so young and he probably doesn’t realize that I am from the light village and he doesn’t seem bad and I probably won’t ever see him again so I can talk to him a bit here, right?’

 

I hear Sehun laugh a bit and that snaps me out of my thoughts “I thought you were around my age but it turns out your 4 years older them me” He says then smiles.

 

“And you, you seem really mature for your age I thought you were around my age” I say.

 

“I guess” he says as he looks away down the river a twinge of sadness in his voice ‘Did I say something wrong’ then he turns to me with his smile again.

 

“Anyways Luhan I have to go now it was nice talking to you I hope we meet again, see yah” Sehun says running away while waving his hand at me.

 

“Bye” I say, “Hope we meet again?” I whisper ‘But we can’t’ I think but when I think this I can’t help but feel sad. I look back to where Sehun ran off.

 

“Hope we meet again too, Oh Sehun” I say quietly then start up my practicing again.

 

 

 

~A Few Days Later~

 

I came to the river again today to do my training, ‘Sehun hasn’t been here in a while, I guess it’s for the best’ I think. I go to skip a rock and it just splashes in the water again.

 

“This is so frustrating” I say ruffling my hair with my hands.

 

“You have to focus more” I hear someone say the voice sounds familiar, I look up and Sehun is standing there across the river “Sehun?” I say questioningly not believing that he is here.

 

“Yes?” He says.

 

“You’re here?” I say still not quite believing it.

 

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be I said I wanted to see you again” He says smiling.

 

“Yeah but it’s been a few days, I thought you would come the next day” I say and then put my hand over my mouth realizing what I just meant by saying that.

 

“So you were waiting for me, I’m sorry I couldn’t make it I was busy in my village” He says. ‘Oh yeah he’s from the dark village I shouldn’t be talking to him’ I think.

 

“Anyways I have decided to help you with your training!” He says, and I look at him in confusion.

 

“Help me with my training?”

 

“Yeah, since you can’t seem to get the hang of it I already learned my power”

 

“You already learned your power? But you’re so young.” I say.

 

“I don’t know I just picked it up easily” He says shrugging.

 

“What is your power?” I ask.

 

“Oh, I have the power of Wind” He says and then a small breeze blows past us. ‘He really does have control over his power now I feel stupid, why can’t I get it’

 

“So do you want me to help you come on it will be fun” He says ‘But he’s from the dark’ I think

 

“I don’t know, I think I can get it on my own” I say trying to not upset him.

 

“Oh come on, it will be easier with someone helping” He says ‘I don’t know, I shouldn’t’

 

“It’s okay really” I say smiling nervously.

 

“What’s wrong with you, why are you so stubborn, don’t make me use aegyo on you” He says pouting ‘Aegyo? And I’m not the stubborn one here, he really is 10 years old’ I laugh a little.

 

“What you don’t believe me, okay you asked for it” He says and then starts doing gwiyomi.

 

I watch and I can’t help but smile and laugh ‘He seems like he doesn’t enjoy doing aegyo but he’s cute.'

 

“Fine, Fine you can help me you don’t have to do aegyo if you don’t want to” I say still smiling. He stops doing gwiyomi and smiles.

 

“I can help yay, and I don’t mind doing aegyo for you Luhan” he says and I smile ‘This kid is really just too cute’ I think ‘I don’t care if he is from the dark village he doesn’t seem bad and it’s not like anyone will find out’

 

“Okay Sehun how are you going to help me” I ask and we start talking about my powers and he tells me how to focus and we keep talking for a while until it’s almost dark out.

 

“Oh it’s already this late I have to get back to my village, see you Luhan meet me at this river again” He says waving goodbye to me.

 

“Yeah see you” I yell to him as he disappears into the dark forest.

 

‘Everything will be alright, right?’ I think to myself as I return to the village.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

~18 Years Old~

 

Me and Sehun have been hanging out a lot by the river, it’s been 4 years since I met him and he’s helped me improve my power quite a lot, it’s fun hanging around with him. He’s nothing like how my village talks about the dark villagers, he is kind and caring towards me I just hope we don’t get found out I don’t know what would happen to us if that happened and it scares me a bit. Suddenly I see Sehun running from his side out of the forest looking a bit worried, ‘Oh no did something happen is everything alright, his village didn’t find out did they’ I think worriedly

 

“Sehun what’s wrong?” I ask

 

He quickly runs through the shallow part of the river towards me and runs into my arms hugging me “You’re not disgusting Luhan your so nice to me, I don’t know what they’re talking about” I pull away from the hug and grab his shoulders and look up at him ‘he’s grown so tall’ I think to myself but then shack my head ‘this is not the time to be thinking about that’ I scold myself.

 

“What’s wrong?” I ask again hoping to get a clearer answer.

 

“In my school the say that the light villagers are disgusting but you’re not disgusting you’re so nice and sweet to me” Sehun says tearing up a bit ‘Wait he knew I was from the light when did he figure that out? Oh but I guess it was just a matter of time till he learned that in school’

 

I smile at him sadly “I guess this means we can’t see each other anymore” I say letting go of his shoulders.

 

“Wait, what do you mean, why?” He asks looking at me curiously.

 

“Oh come on Sehun you know why, I’m from the light you’re from the dark, and now that you know I don’t want to risk your village finding out and something happening to you, your my friend and I don’t want to see you get hurt because of me” I say starting to tear up a bit as I turn away from him not wanting him to see my tears.

 

“Luhan I’m not stupid” He says suddenly and I look at him he looks serious “What do you mean?” I ask.

 

“I figured out you were from the light village about 2 years ago”

 

“You figured it out 2 years ago? But then why did you still hang out with me? I ask him questioningly.

 

“Because I don’t care if you’re from the light, you’re my friend and I want to continue being your friend”

 

I quickly grab Sehun and hug him “You want to be my friend but you could get hurt” I say as I bury my face into Sehun’s chest as he hug’s me back, putting his chin on my head and my hair with one of his hands.

 

“I’ll be fine no one’s going to find out, and of course I want to be your friend, I thought we already were friends” He says then I pull away, wipe my eyes and look up at Sehun who is smiling at me. I smile back at him “Okay but if anything happens and I think it is not safe for us to hang out anymore then I don’t want you to fight me I want you to just go back to your village and pretend you never met me” I say and after a few minutes Sehun answers.

 

“Fine, I will” He says.

 

“Promise me Sehun, you have to promise me I don’t want you to get hurt” I say and he hugs me again.

 

“I promise you Luhan I won’t fight you” I smile and we stay like this for a bit longer ‘I feel so safe in his arms’ I think. When we finally pull apart it’s a little awkward but it slowly goes away as we start to work on my powers again. When we finish we say goodbye and I head back to the village.

 

‘Everything will be fine’ I think to myself.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

~20 Years Old~

 

“Chanyeol, are you going to be okay over there” I hear Suho ask.

 

“Yeah I’m sure it will be fine” He says as he smiles.

 

“How can you be happy their making you leave to go to the dark side and all just because you accidentally burned down your house, it’s not fair it was an accident” Suho says sounding angry and worried. Suho is always worried about are little group, and since Chanyeol is being sent off for basically no reason I can see why he is angry.

 

“Suho I’m fine I got to stay positive or what, then I’ll be depressed it’s always better to smile then frown” Chanyeol says still smiling “Now smile everyone I’ll be fine” I smile.

 

“He’s right I’m sure he’ll be fine their not all bad” I say and then everyone looks at me ‘Shoot did I just give myself away’ thankfully they don’t take it strangely and they all look back at Chanyeol.

 

“Okay Chanyeol if you say you’ll be fine then I’ll trust you but if anything happens you can always meet us here in this clearing no one ever comes here except us” Suho says to Chanyeol trying to put a smile on his face and be positive.

 

“Yeah of course, no worries” Chanyeol says happily and then turns and starts walking back to the village to get ready to leave.

 

“Be safe” I hear Kyungsoo yell.

 

“Don’t hurt yourself I won’t be there to heal you” Lay yells

 

“Come visit us, sometimes” Chen yells

 

“Make some friends there” I yell “Don’t be a loner” I laugh. Then Chanyeol turns around, smiles and waves goodbye to us before heading out of sight in the forest. We all talk for a bit before we all go our separate ways they all went back to the village but I am heading to the river ‘I need to talk to Sehun’ I think. If this is what happens when someone does something by accident then I don’t want to know what will happen if they found out someone from the dark and light sides are talking to each other.

 

When I get to the river Sehun isn’t there, so I sit down on a rock and wait for him. I sit there for a while and the sun starts to set ‘Where’s Sehun did something happen” I think as I stand up ‘Oh no, nothing happened right’ I think starting to worry a bit but then I see him running out of the forest ‘Okay he’s alright’ I sigh in relief as he crosses the river.

 

“Sorry I’m late I couldn’t get away from my friends” he says as he tries to catch his breath.

 

“That’s okay, but Sehun I need to talk to you” I say looking at him with a serious look. Then there's a pause before Sehun suddenlly says,

 

“No"

 

“What?” I ask confusedly.

 

“NO!” Sehun yells and I just stand there waiting for him to continue. “Don’t say it; don’t tell me to go away especially not today and Luhan I will never forget about you” He starts to cry “I’ll never forget you because-cause I-I…” He pauses “Because you are my friend Luhan, we will always be friends and I can’t forget you” He finishes and falls to the ground; I quickly run up to him and hug him tightly.

 

“Okay Sehun I won’t ask you to leave, Okay” I pull away and look at him “So don’t cry okay, cheer up and smile for me okay.” I say, he looks up at me, wipes his eyes and smiles at me and I smile back “Better” I say.

 

“Anyways you came here pretty late so you should head back now” I say to him.

 

“Okay” Sehun stands up and I stand up as well. “See you tomorrow Luhan” Sehun says smiling at me and heading back to his village.

 

“Yeah, see you tomorrow” I say smiling and then I turn to leave towards the village.

 

‘We will always be friends, well that sounds good to me’ I smile to myself as I get back to the village.

 

 


[A/N]

And here is the 4th chapter I hope you like it.

I made it longer since I was out of the city and wasn't able to update for a while.

Thanks to everyone who subscribed and commented on this story, I Love You All <3

Oh and I got the new EXO CD's yesterday and I am so happy I love all the songs both Korean and Chinese, I love them EXO fighting <3