Twenty-Eighth

We Are Housemate

 

(Youngjae’s POV)

I quickly go into my room and lock it. I don’t want anyone get in here. I’m really scared. What would Daehyun said about that? Again, I caught when spending time with Jongup.

“What should I do?” I burden my face into my pillow, Hope it was just a dream and I’ll definitely wake up.

(Daehyun’s POV)

I bring a tray with two cappuccinos and two cheesecakes on it to Jongup and Youngjae’s seat. But when I look at the seat, I don’t see Youngjae. Maybe he’s going first because he doesn’t want to meet me.

“Here is it.” I said and put the tray. “Well, Where’s Youngjae?” I asked.

Jongup coughs as he realizes me. “D—Daehyun?” He stuttered. “What are you doing here?” He asked.

“I’m working here—I shouldn’t work today but my manager asked me to cover my workmate’s time today. What was that? Dating?” I rolled my eyes as I asked Jongup’s explanation.

“If he’s not going by himself, I won’t ask him to go with me.” Jongup said and start slices his cheesecake. “Shouldn’t you go back to your work, huh?” He asked.

I curse him in my mind and give him a glare. “I’ll talk to you after this…” I hissed and walk away. I look at him, he rolls his eyes and continue with his food.

(Youngjae’s POV)

I take my phone with me and play with it, wondering if I should text Daehyun or not. He’s in the middle of his work, I would annoy him if I text him—but I don’t want any misunderstanding appeared. Again. “Or… maybe I should wait until he finishes…” I mumbled and walk outside my room.

“Mom, do you know what time Daehyun will finish his work?” I asked to my mom that is sitting on sofa, watch TV.

“Oh, your dad said to me Daehyun is gonna work today—but Daehyun didn’t tell how long.” My mom explained.

“Then I’ll go somewhere too—I bored.” I said and put my phone in my pocket. My mom smiles and nods, “Take care.” She said, then, I’m going away.

---

I’m wondering around. Not sure where should I go. I just don’t want to go home. I’m scared if Daehyun gets home and—we’re having fight again. The last time is enough for me. I sigh and look around. My secret place would be great~ I thought, then, smile a bit.

When I’m walking, suddenly my phone rings. I quickly grab it and answer the phone.

“Hello.” I said.

“Hi.”

“Jongup? That’s you?” I asked, feel uncomfortable with he calls me. “What again this time?”

“I just want to say sorry…”

I sigh. I weak for those ‘sorry’ things. “I…It wasn’t y-your fault…” I tried to say that, try to comfort Jongup. So he won’t feel so bad about this while actually I feel all of these are Jongup’s fault.

“I’ll try to talk with Daehyun, ok?”

“No. I can tell it by myself.” I said and quickly end the call. I put my phone back to my pocket and walk to my ‘Secret place’. Well, it’s not that kind of secret. It just my favorite place. But I never bring other people there until I brought Daehyun there.

It’s located behind big building. It’s only a small park with one big tree. When I was still 5 or 6, I often come there and bring my favorite items such as games or book. I often go there when I feel sad or mad. So, this is a right time to come—I guess.

---

(Author’s POV)

It’s already three on afternoon. Daehyun finally can go back after covered his workmate’s time. And he also gets some bonus from his manager. Daehyun walks home quickly since Jongup is not here anymore. It such waste of time if He searches for Jongup, so He just walks home.

“I’m home.” Daehyun said as he walks into Youngjae’s house. Mr. Yoo that is sitting in living room, greets Daehyun.

“Hi Daehyun. How was your work?” He asked.

“Good, my manager gave me some bonus.” Daehyun smiled and walk through Living Room—goes to Youngjae’s room.

He opens Youngjae’s room, He expects He’ll meet Youngjae soon but Youngaje isn’t there. Daehyun tilts his head, wondering where’s Youngjae going to. “Are you searching for Youngjae?” Mrs. Yoo asked as she noticed Daehyun’s confused face. “He was going somewhere.” She explained.

“Somewhere?” Daehyun confused but suddenly gets Idea. “Oh.” He nodded and change his clothes into T-shirt, and quickly go again—search for Youngjae.

---

Meanwhile, Youngjae is sitting under the tree, thinking what should he explain to Daehyun if Daehyun asks him. “Hhh…” Youngjae sighed, he looks at his watch. “3.20? Daehyun should have finished his work.” He mumbled and sighed again. As he tries to close his eyes, Daehyun comes.

“Youngjae.” He called Youngjae’s name.

Youngjae turns his head quickly, search for that familiar sound. “…Daehyun!”

“What was that?” Daehyun asked sarcastically.

“I-It’s not like what you think.” Youngjae stuttered. He’s avoiding eye contact with Daehyun. “I don’t mean to date with Jongup—or something like that.”

“You don’t mean that? So, why? I often see you with Jongup.” Daehyun crossed his arms. “Don’t even try to lie.” He said.

“I’m not lying!” Youngjae shouted. “Why don’t you believe me? Jongup is the one that asking me to accompany him!”

“I said, this is not the first time I see you around with him.” Daehyun stated. His bold sentence make Youngjae can’t talk anymore. That’s right, Youngjae often go around with Jongup at the school.

“I know I am, But that’s Jongup. He’s the one who asking me for accompany him. Why don’t you believe me?!” Youngjae get pissed off. He thought Daehyun doesn’t believe at him. “I’m your boyfriend, I guess you should believe me. I don’t do anything bad like cheating on you or something. I just accompany him because he asked me.” Youngaje tried to explain again.

“I keep my distance from you, because I believe you, idiot.” Daehyun said. “You know, I’m just like you, I don’t want something bad happen to us if we’re too clingy with each other. I believe you won’t cling too much with other boy since you already have me.”

Youngjae widens his eyes. “That's not like what you think... I...” Youngjae tried to explain, but he doesn't get any idea what should he said.  Then, Automatically he asks But you not pay your attention to me. Thing that crossed on your mind is only about your work, right?” Youngjae crossed his arms, he starts to mad.  “I know you won’t care whatever I do. And now you get mad of me just because Jongup asked me to accompany him. If you were going with me, He won’t asked me, you know?” He asked.

Daehyun gasps. He’s really mad now. You all know about Daehyun and his problem. While Daehyun is under stressed because of his problem—he can’t stop think about Youngjae also, now Youngjae said he only think about his work and never pay attention to Youngjae. “I can’t understand you anymore now.” Daehyun said. “You’re changing.”

“You are the one who changing! I’m not!” Youngjae shouted.

“You don’t understand me and you said like that.” Daehyun said.

“You are the one who don’t understand me!”

“SO WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?” Daehyun shouted. This is the first time for Youngjae to heard Daehyun’s shouting because of mad—and this is the first time for Daehyun also. Angry until he shouts at people. “If you said that I’m boring because You said I never pay attention for you, because I’m only thinking about my work, YOU SAID THAT BECAUSE YOU WANT TO BREAK UP?” He asked again.

Youngjae gulps as he looks at Daehyun. “I—I…” Youngjae stuttered, doesn’t know what should he says.

“So let’s just end all of this.” Daehyun hissed.

“No!” Youngjae shouted, almost cries. Not almost, he already cried. “Why Break Up?! I really don’t understand you now! You asked about Jongup because you’re jealous, right? So why Break Up? You still love me, right?” Youngjae asked while crying.

“I just don’t understand you at all.” Daehyun said at the end, he turns back and walks away.

“Jung Daehyun!” Youngjae shouted Daehyun’s name, but there’s no respond. “Yah, Jung Daehyun…” He doesn’t have any energy to shouts again. And that’s all turning into tears.

 

He cries—until several minutes, he stops it and walks home. He feels regret about what he just said to Daehyun. “Jung Daehyun…” Youngjae hissed while he’s walking home.