Final [2/2]

We Are Housemate

My mom walks back to Daehyun’s room. My dad gives me motion that make me should come with them. I nod as I understand what my dad is trying to talk about. I’m getting in to Daehyun’s room.

I gulp again as I see Daehyun is laying on the bed. He still closes his eyes. I walk closer to him and look at him. “He’s still alive, right?” I look at my mom, my dad, and especially, the doctor. The doctor nods. I smile and look at Daehyun again, “Thanks god. But why he’s still sleeping like this?” I asked again.

“We cannot say he dies. Ehm, He’s coma.” The doctor hissed. Looks like He doesn’t want to tell this bad news.

“Coma?” I gulped again. “B—but he’ll wake up, right?” I smile awkwardly as I asked to the doctor.

“We hope so.” The doctor said. After few seconds, he opens his mouth again. “We’ll move Jung Daehyun to recovery room.” The doctor said. The nurses prepare things to move Daehyun. I’m just freezing and follow after the nurses with my dad and mom beside me.

===

I prepare my bag as usual. Put my books into my bag. Put my phone in my pocket. Everything’s going like usual. But no to me. I still feel weird as I don’t see Daehyun in my room or my house. He usually shouts at me, “Youngjae! We’re going to late!” I close my eyes as I imagine Daehyun’s sound.

“Sorry Youngjae, me and your dad cannot stay in Daehyun’s room.” My mom sighed. “I have to meet client today.” My mom explained. I know she won’t stay. She also has works to do.

“Daehyun’s mom? Why she doesn’t come?” I sighed. I’m worrying Daehyun. How if something happen when no one is staying with him?

“She can’t leave Busan now. She’s really busy with her work. She said she should work until midnight these days.” My mom explained. “You can meet him after school.”

I sigh and walk outside. “I’ll be there until 6 or 7.” I said.

“But your school ends at 2, right? you’ll sit there for 4-5 hours?” My mom widens her eyes.

“I’m with Daehyun, however.” I rolled my eyes and start walking through streets—heading to my school.

===

My friends are interacting with each other like usual. Playing with each other like usual. Me? I’m just staring at Daehyun’s seat. Rest my head on the table, remember about Daehyun.

We can say he’s my ex. Well, yeah. Even we’re close again now, we’re still friend. But I feel like he’s my boyfriend. He’s still my boyfriend. He’s still the one who I love the most. He’s still the one who I miss the most if he’s not beside me. I don’t tell him how much I love him again yet. I should say it again before he leaves the world.

“Y-youngjae…” someone called my name. I know who’s this.

“Jongup?” I rolled my eyes and look at him.

“I’m sorry.” He said.

“Yeah.” I answered.

“You know,” He said and sits beside me. on Daehyun’s seat. “I guess my feeling to you—it’s not right.” He sighed. “It’s like—you’re getting so many problems because of me.”

“uh-huh.” I just nodded. “No problem.” I smiled slightly.

“So… um, Daehyun…” He scratched his head. I just sigh and stand up from my seat. “I’m not going to talk about it now.” I glance at him and walk away—maybe school’s park will make my mood today. I thought.

===

I lean my head to a trunk and let myself enjoy the scenery here. It’s not so big, but—well, makes me relax a bit. Things are coming to my mind. Like when Daehyun hugged me here. I chuckle as I remember about when I slapped Daehyun here. We’re often eating together here.

We make so many memories, and I don’t want if Daehyun gone just like that. “Hmph…” I sighed as I remember so many memories here. I quickly shake my head. I’m here to relax my mind, but why? I close my eyes, and try to relax my mind.

===

(Author’s POV)

Meanwhile, Mrs. Yoo is busy with her work today. She secretly feels regret she cannot look up Daehyun today. And she feels guilty about it. Since she knows, Youngjae is really sad and wants someone to stay with Daehyun. She sighs as she continues her work.

She takes her phone and call Daehyun’s doctor. She decides to at least ask for Daehyun’s condition.

“Annyeong.” She said.

“Annyeong. dr. Kim Chan Ho here.” A voice comes from another side of telephone.

“I’m Mrs. Yoo, I want to ask about Jung Daehyun’s condition.” She explained.

“Oh! What a coincidence! I want to ask your number just now. Well, I don’t know if this is right but I just heard he was delirious. It won’t happen if Jung Daehyun is coma, so we’ll have another check up for him.” The doctor explained. Mrs. Yoo sighs after heard The doctor’s explanation. There’s still hope Daehyun will wake up. There’s still.

“Glad to hear that, maybe he’s not coma. By the way, my son will visit Jung Daehyun this afternoon. It’s allowed, right?” Mrs. Yoo asked again in case if Youngjae is going to visit Daehyun.

“Sure. Well, Mrs., I want to do another check up for Daehyun. I will end the call now.” He said.

“Okay. Thanks.” Mrs. Yoo ended the call and back to her work. She reliefs a bit since she knows there’s still hope.

===

“Youngjae!” Zelo is running toward Youngjae. It’s already time for go home. Youngjae is walking quickly out from class, make Zelo should walks faster.

“Hm?” Youngjae turns his head and look at Zelo. “I’m in rush. Not now, sorry.” He said and walks again.

“What happened to Daehyun, actually? Homeroom teacher just said he’s at hospital right now.” Zelo looks worried as he asked what happened to Daehyun. “You’re his housemate, you should know it, right?” Zelo tilts his head.

“Yes he is at hospital right now—I should go, bye.” Youngjae walks faster and faster, leaving Zelo still with his feels of curious.

Youngjae walks faster and faster. Even his walk becomes to run. Yeah, he’s running to the hospital right now. The place where Daehyun is staying right now. He also knows that he shouldn’t to be this fast—but he wants to meet Daehyun so badly.

After few minutes running, Youngjae finally arrives at the hospital. He informs about his visit to nurses and let the nurse get him to Daehyun’s room. And here is he now, Daehyun’s room.

“Daehyun…” Youngjae mumbled as he looks at Daehyun. “You know, I love you so much.” Youngjae sighed and takes a seat beside Daehyun’s bed. He caresses Daehyun’s hair gently. “I’m stupid. I shouldn’t mad at you that time. I should understand you and things you’re busy with. But I was mad and—uh.” Youngjae’s eyes start to teary now. He becomes more emotional as he looks at Daehyun.

“Answer me?” Youngjae hissed while his tears fall down. He knows there won’t be any answer from Daehyun. Definitely not. He knows right he just talking with himself, but he can’t stand it. he hopes Daehyun hears it.

 

Since that day, everyday Youngjae always visit Daehyun. He doesn’t care if he has homework to do or test, he will at least bring his book to the hospital. Looking at the ‘sleeping’ Daehyun. Yeah, well—sleeping

3 weeks passed ~

(Youngjae’s POV)

As Usual, I brush my teeth and wash my face. After that, I throw myself to bed. Now, it’s time to sleep. 9.00 P.M, It’s not too night, but—I guess I should sleep. I look at Daehyun’s photo in my phone for awhile before turn off the light. I sigh, as usual. I turn off the light and close my eyes.

Where am I? I thought while looking around. It’s so dark. I don’t even know where is it now. “Am I… dreaming?” I asked myself. I gasp as I ask myself. This is the first time I feel like I know this is just a dream.

“Youngjae,” Someone called me. This sound, I know this really well.

“…Daehyun!” I walk toward him and hug him. “I miss you, I love you, I need you.” Words are coming from my mouth. I can’t control it. like it’s not my mouth—but my heart.

“I know.” He chuckles. “Me too. You know, I was stupid asked you for break up.”

“I was stupid too. I should understand about things you’re busy with! I’m too selfish.” I sighed as I still hug him. He suddenly releases my hug.

“See you, Youngjae.” He said. And suddenly walks away.

“wait, where are you going?”I tried to catch up him. But, even I’m running, I still can’t get into him. “Daehyun, wait, answer me.” I shouted at him.

“See you.” I hear the voice but now Daehyun is gone.

“Daehyun!” I open my eyes and shouted. I automatically sit up on my bed. “It was… dream?” I asked myself and look around—my eyes capture the clock. It’s already 2.00 A.M in the morning. I quickly lay my body on my bed again.

“What… was… that? Why he said ‘see you’ ? he won’t go anywhere, right?” I mumbled and close my eyes. Try to sleep again.

2 weeks after that ~

 

(Author’s POV)

Youngjae packed his mineral water on his bag. He doesn’t forget about snack and his lunchbox. He looks at his watch while prepare his things. “Oh, already 8.40? I should go now.” He mumbled and takes his small bag. He walks toward his mother and say he wants to visit Daehyun. Again.

“You’ll go again?” His mom raised her eyebrows while asking question to her one and only son. Youngjae nods eagerly and quickly put on his shoes. “I’m going now.” He said and runs off. To the hospital.

 

As quick as Youngjae’s running, he get to the hospital just in time. 9 o’clock. Every weekend, Youngjae always visit Daehyun in the morning until evening. He never gets bored with it. He just wants to see Daehyun more often. “Oh, Yoo Youngjae, isn’t it?” The doctor asked while Youngjae is walking through corridor. Youngjae always here every day—so Daehyun’s doctor and nurses would know who is he. Youngjae smiles slightly at the doctor and walking still, to Daehyun’s room.

He opens the door as usual, takes chair beside Daehyun’s bed as usual. Look at ‘sleeping’ Daehyun as usual. “Hmph.” Youngjae sighed as he looks at Daehyun. “Hi Daehyun.” He starts to talk. Whenever Youngjae’s there, he always feel like he’s talking with Daehyun while in fact, he’s talking with himself.

“… so yeah, you don’t need to be worried or, umm… Jealous? I play with Jongup and the other often these days but you know, I’m always thinking of you.” Youngjae sighed as he finished his story. He already talks for about 5-6 minutes. Youngjae caresses Daehyun’s cheek slowly. Hopes there will be miracle or something. “Wake up, I miss you.” Youngjae hissed as he caresses Daehyun’s cheek.

(Daehyun’s POV)

“…Yah, Youngjae! You take my last cheesecake!” I pouted as Youngjae takes my cheesecake. We’re eating lunch now and he’s taking away my last cheesecake. “Jung Daehyun, I know your mom teaches you how to share?” Youngjae scoffed at me and keep eating my cheesecake. I grumble and walk away, walking to the class’ door.

But, when I’m getting out through that door—well, I should see a basketball court with students from fifth or fourth grader play on it. But now, It’s just so dark. I gulp and step backward. I turn my head and gasp. No light, Just nothing here. Dark and black.

“Where am I?” I asked myself. “…Mom? Dad?” I called my parent but there’s no answer.

‘…I’m always thinking of you…’ I hear a sound. What was that? I thought. “Youngjae…?” I asked myself again. I know right that was Youngjae’s sound—but It’s a bit different.

‘Wake up, I miss you…’ again, I hear the same sound. “I already wake up! Yoo Youngjae, It’s you, right?!” I shouted, but there’s no answer. Youngjae’s sound is surrounding me. I close my eyes and put both hand on my ears, I’m scared.

“…Wake up, I miss you.” I hear the same thing. But it’s heard clearly than before. I try to look around, I should be in my class—fighting with Youngjae because of cheesecake. I realized I’m now at hospital I look at person that is seating next to my bed. The one who I love the most—“Youngjae…” I hissed, try to talk.

Youngjae gasps and widens his eyes, “D—Daehyun you’re alive? You’re still here, oh my…” Youngjae stuttered, he hugs me suddenly, I hug him back. “I miss you, I love you, I need you.” Youngjae said. I blush as he says like that—we were having fight and break up.

But now…, my ‘ex’ hugs me and talks something like that. It’s just a bit funny but In fact, I’m missing him as well. I love him and I need him also. “… I’m sorry.” I hissed while Youngjae is hugging me. “I shouldn’t ask you for break up. I just… an idiot. I love you more that you expect, I need you more than you think.” I said, and he releases his hug.

“If you’re missing me, why you don’t wake up faster?” He chuckles as he teased me. “I was having long sweet dream, you know.” I answered. He pokes my cheek and stand up from his seat. “I’ll go to find doctor, don’t sleep again as I leave, ok?” He looked at me before he’s going through that door.

I smile. “I won’t.”