Twenty-Sixth

We Are Housemate

 

(Author’s POV)

“Come on Youngjae, we’ll late.” Daehyun shouted from front of Youngjae’s house. Youngjae quickly grabs his bag and go outside. “Sorry.” He said to his boyfriend. Daehyun smiles softly, “It’s ok.”

They’re walking along streets with their hand are holding each other, like usual. But, Youngjae knows, when They arrive at School, Daehyun will releases his hand. “I don’t mean like I’m boring with you, ok? You don’t misunderstanding anything, right?” Daehyun suddenly asked Youngjae. Youngjae shakes his head slowly, “I know. Jongup is still ‘the problem’ so I think we can’t too clingy on the school. You mean that, right?”. Daehyun quickly nods. “Don’t ever think I gonna leave you or something.” Daehyun said. Youngjae smiles holds Daehyun’s hand tightly, “I won’t think like that.” He said.

After awhile, Daehyun and Youngjae are arrive at their school. “We’re arrive.” Daehyun releases his hand from Youngjae’s and walks before Youngjae.

(Youngjae’s POV)

I sigh and look at Daehyun who walks in front of me. He puts his hand in his pocket and walk confidently. I look at my hand, I really want to hold his hand for longer time—but, Daehyun is right, we can’t get too clingy at the school.

“Hi, Youngjae.” Zelo suddenly comes and puts his hand on my shoulder.

I smile at him. “Hi.” I said.

“What’s this? You should walk beside him and hold hand or something, right? Are you two having fight?” Zelo asked curiously.

I quickly shake my head, “No, we aren’t.”

“So, Why?”

“There’s just a little problem about our relationship. Well, the problem isn’t come from us—uh, how to explain this…” I sighed, I won’t say Jongup is the one who fault. Well—He’s still my friend. He was helping me to date with Daehyun month ago, wasn’t he?

“Oh, someone interrupt your relationship with Daehyun?” Zelo walked by me while trying to knows what happened with us (me and Daehyun).

“Oh come on I don’t want to talk about this.” I walk faster and leave Zelo.

---

(Daehyun’s POV)

“Jung Daehyun.” Mr.Park sighed and look at me, “How can you get another F in this homework?” He asked me straight forward. I look around try to answer his question. I’m at teacher’s room right now. “I’m having some problem, actually.” I said. Mr.Park shakes his head and gives me lot of papers. “I have prepared this for you in case if you got F.” He said. I take a look on those papers.

“What’s this?” I asked.

“Assignments. That better finish before another Friday.” He said. “Nah, get back to your class now. My first class today is yours, right?” He asked me back. I nod. “Ok, get back to your class. It’ll start soon.” He said, after that, I quickly walk back to my class.

I sigh. I feel like under stressed. While I’m still having problem with Jongup—have to keep in distance with Youngjae—and now, my score. It’s getting worse.

“Hi. Rare to see you not around Youngjae.” Jongup comes and crossed his arms.

“Hm? Is it?” I chuckled. He really know how to make someone pissed off. “What are you doing? Class will start soon.” I said.

“Man, you’re supposed to be with Youngjae all the time, rigjt?” He raised his eyebrows. “Please don’t mind me, you two can always do your romantic times.”

“Hmph—What are you trying to talk about?” I sighed, look at Jongup. I don’t have any idea what he wants to talk about.

“After think for while, I don’t think I’ll easily give up.” Jongup sighed. “Whatever he’s your love or something, I’ll keep trying—you know? But still, I won’t do something bad to Youngjae. I just want to say that, bye then.” He said and walk back to the class. I just look at him and sigh. Now this. What should I do with this. I thought and walk after Jongup.

---

(Youngjae’s POV)

“Ok kids, It’s all for today. We’ll having test next Friday, so get ready.” Mr. Lee said, our chemistry teacher. “Nah now you can go home.” He takes his books and walk away from the class. I smile as Mr. Lee walks away and quickly prepare my bag. Put my books in my bag.

“You’re not coming home with me today?” I asked to Daehyun. Last night, he said he wants to get part-time job. “Why take part-time job? You still get feed by my mom.” I sighed—really, I want to spend more times with him.

Daehyun sighs and look at me. He smiles a bit and pinches my cheek slightly, “Man, you’re boy, you should experienced to work from High School, come on, Life isn’t that easy, you won’t live with your parents, right?” He asked. “Bye, I have friend waiting for me.” He said and walks away from the class.

 

“Youngjae!” Jongup puts his hand on my shoulder and smile at me. “Where’s Daehyun?” He asked while I’m walking through hallway.

“Oh, he’s already go.” I answered and smile slightly.

“What kind of boyfriend is he? Leaving his lover by himself?” Jongup raised his eyebrows. “Can I walk you home?” He asked suddenly.

“He’s searching for part-time job, actually. But your home is at the opposite way. Is that ok?” I raised my eyebrows as he asked to walk me home.

“Uhm, honestly, you know—café named Bittersweet café?” Jongup asked. “I want to go there, It’s the same way to your home, so…” Jongup scratched his head. “want to accompany me there? I’ll treat you.” He asked.

“B—but…” I stuttered. How if I get caught by Daehyun while I’m at the café with Jongup? I thought.

“Oh come on, I treat you. You’re alone today, so I bet that’s very lonely—uh, I mean…, Ah, you’re worrying about Daehyun, aren’t you?” He suddenly asked like He knows what am I thinking. I slightly nod. “Ah, I see. Then, Uh, bye.” He said and walks away.

I look at him, “Maybe another time, ok?” I asked. He turns his head and smile slightly, “Ok.” He said and walks away.

I wonder what will happen if I’m going with Jongup… I sighed and walk to home.

(Daehyun’s POV)

“Hey, you said you have recommendation place for me to get part-time job, right?” I raised my eyebrows while talking with my friends.

“Yeah, I’m working there too.” He nodded.

“Where is it?” I asked.

Bittersweet café.” He answered.