Twenty-Seventh

We Are Housemate

 

(Author’s POV)

It’s already a month since the first day Daehyun started to take part-time job. And for one month, Daehyun and Youngjae try to keep their distance. They still communicate when they’re on the way to school, at school, and at home. They’re still holding hands, when they’re going to school. But, just that.  No say sweet things or even kissing. Youngjae starts to join book club on his school which makes he should gather while break and after school. Daehyun often comes home until 8 or 9.

Things aren’t easy for them. Especially Daehyun, He has problem with his scores—not only mathemathic, but others too. So he should do many home-works. They’ll move to the next semester soon, so Daehyun should complete all his score before Final Exam. Then, He takes part-time job. And the worst, his problem with Jongup. When he’s busy, he knows Jongup is trying to get Youngjae’s attention. So, He keep interacts with Youngjae whenever he can.

(Youngjae’s POV)

“Hmm…” I open my eyes, another Saturday is coming. Yeah, Today is Saturday, We don’t have to go to school at Saturday. I look at Daehyun that sleeps beside me. I’m admiring him.

I look at his brown hair that never changes since the first time we met. He never do another hairstyle, just do haircut if his hair already long. I caress his hair softly.

I look at his eyes, I remember when he checked if I got fever or not, he puts his forehead against my forehead, and his eyes—uh. Too beautiful. I even can’t describe it with word.

I look at his lips. I remember when he kissed me passionately. But he never kisses me again after he’s being so busy. I sigh and peck his lips. Should I… kiss him? I thought but quickly shake my head. “Daehyun won’t like it.” I mumble and put my head against his chest. “I love this scent—” I mumble and close my eyes again with my hands are rounding his body.

(Daehyun’s POV)

“What day is today?” I mumble as I open my eyes, searching for calendar. “Oh—Saturday.” I sighed. That’s really a relief. So I can sleep today. I was really busy from Monday until Friday. This week I should go home at least eight. “Whoa…” I widened my eyes as I look at Youngjae that’s hugging me. I smile a bit while looking at him.

I caress his hair. It’s been a long time since I did this, huh. Well, I’m really busy.  I sighed. I put his hand away from  my body, so I can make my body lower and faced him. I look at his face. He’s really cute. I chuckled as I look at him. I cup his face with my hands, and suddenly kiss him.

Wh—What did I do… I tilt my head. Well, I don’t planning to do this. I just automatically did that. I hope Youngjae is still sleeping.

“Yah, Jung Daehyun, Kiss stealer.” Youngjae suddenly opened his eyes.

“Wha! You—already wake up?” I widened my eyes and look at him who smirked at me.

“How cute. Steal kiss when I’m sleeping.” Youngjae smirks and pecks my lips. “That’s lie if I said I don’t like it.” He blushes a bit.

Cute. I thought as I look his blushing face. “Uh, forget that.” I said.

“No—by the way, I miss you.” He said.

“I miss you more.”

“How about go for a date today? You should like outdoor, shouldn’t you?” Youngjae smiled. Ah, he really knows me.

“I’m sorry—It’s not like I don’t want to—but I’m so tired today.” I sighed when reject the date. I want to go with him, but my body like cannot move.

“Ok then, But I still want to go—I wanna get fresh air outside.” He smiled and start to gets up.

“Oh, you want to go now?” I asked as looking at Youngjae who opens his room’s door.

“Yep.” He nodded. “I’ll bring you something when I’m home.” He smiled.

“You don’t have to. Well, take care.” I said. And now He already goes somewhere.

---

(Youngjae’s POV)

I look around while walking along streets. Honestly, I don’t have any specific place to come to. So, I just walking around and find my mood.

While walking, I find few people sit on the bench and drinking coffee. Coffee would be good for today. I thought and go searching for café.

(Jongup’s POV)

“Oh my, Jongup.” Himchan shakes his head after heard my explanation. “I don’t know you’ll be this far.” He said while drinking his coffee.

“Heh. What far?” I mumbled. “Don’t you look happy a bit? Your best friend is trying to get someone that he loves.” I said, but Himchan still looks like doesn’t agree with my plan.

“I thought you want to make Youngjae happy and JUST THAT.” Himchan glared at me. “You know, your plan to get him is just making him sad.” Himchan said again.

Tch. Noisy. I grumbled. Suddenly, when I’m turning my head away from Himchan—I see Youngjae is walking in front of café that me and Himchan come to. What? Youngjae? I asked myself. Am I really seeing him just now? “Well Himchan, our meet is over today.” I smirked and slap Himchan’s chest a bit—after that, I quickly walk outside.

(Author’s POV)

Jongup calls Youngjae’s name. Youngjae turns his head and look at Jongup. “Oh, Jongup? What a coincidence.” Youngjae smiled. Why Jongup again—Youngjae grumbled in his mind. He doesn’t like to meet Jongup, honestly. It just makes more problems. Plus, Youngjae feels uncomfortable when he’s with Jongup. But he forced himself to keep smiling. He doesn’t want to hurt Jongup’s feeling.

“I don’t know you’re here.” Jongup smiled as he looks at Youngjae. “Alone?” He asked.

Youngjae nods. “Yeah… well, I gotta go—” Youngjae’s sentence suddenly cut off by Jongup.

“How about if we’re going to somewhere? Like—uh, café?” Jongup asked.

“I’m sorry Jongup, I just…” Youngjae scratched his head, doesn’t know what should he explain to Jongup.

“Oh I know—Daehyun, right? I know you won’t go with me because of Daehyun.” Jongup sighed and look down.

Youngjae quickly shakes his head, “N—No, I’m sorry—but…”

“I know, I’m sorry.” Jongup looks down.

“Ok, I’ll go with you.” Youngjae sighed. “Only for today, ok? Just because I want to go to café also.” Youngjae explained. Why so hard to reject someone… Youngjae thought.

Jongup quickly smiles again, “Thanks, you know, that café—when you and Yongguk dated, right? Bittersweet café. I was the one who telling Yongguk about that café.” Jongup said.

“Oh…? Oh! Yeah, I remember. We’re going there?” Youngaje asked. Jongup nods. Youngjae smiles and walk before Jongup. Jongup who walks after him, secretly smirks. My ‘sad’ face to forced him is really great… He thought.

(Daehyun’s POV)

“Ah, jinjja…” I stretched again. This is for the fifth times. I was laying on the bed for a long time. That’s why my body is like cracking and cracking. “Where would Youngjae goes, huh?” I start wondering. I take Youngjae’s PSP and plays with it.

Suddenly, my phone is ringing. “Ah, manager?” I asked myself when looking at my phone’s screen.

“Annyeong manager-ssi.” I said.

“Annyeong Daehyun-ssi, Do you have time for today? Are you busy?”

“Yeah, huh, well, I have time I guess.”

“Ye Jin-ssi, who should work from 12.00 until 3.00 is sick. She can’t come. Can you come over and help us? I’ll give you bonus for sure.”

I sighed. “B—but…”

“Please, help us. We get so much order today.”

“Ok I’ll go.” I said and take my jacket and phone. I put it in my bag and quickly go.

“Daehyun, where are you going?” Mr. Yoo that reads newspaper at living room, asked me. “I’m going to my part-time place. I should cover my workmate’s time for today.” I said and smile, “I’ll go now.” I walk to my workplace, Bittersweet café.

---

(Author’s POV)

After walking for minutes, Jongup and Youngjae are finally getting to Bittersweet café, Daehyun’s workplace, but Youngjae and Jongup don’t know about that.

“Oh, so Daehyun is coming late this week?” Jongup asked while taking seat at the center.

“Yeah.” Youngjae nodded. “I’m worrying him, honestly.” Youngjae sighed.

“Do you know where’s Daehyun working at?” Jongup suddenly asked. Youngjae shakes his head. “No, I never talk about where’s he working at.” Jongup nodded after heard Youngjae’s explanation.

After that, Jongup calls the waiter. He’s ordering 2 cappuccinos for us and cheesecake for me. He also takes a look to the menu book to choose what’s he going to eat. While Jongup is ordering, Youngjae’s looking around. This café isn’t bad. Maybe someday I should bring Daehyun here. Especially if the cheesecake is delicious. He thought. He looks at the door—someone is getting into this café.

Youngjae widens his eyes as he sees who’s coming.

“…Daehyun?” Youngjae hisses. At the same time, Daehyun’s looking at him. He widens his eyes as he looks at Youngjae. But he can’t make noisy sound now. So, he quickly runs to the counter and changes his clothes into this café’s uniform. Simple tuxedo, for boys.

Daehyun is walking to the maid who takes order from Youngjae and Jongup’s seat. “Give that table to me, please.” Daehyun whispered to that maid.

 

(Youngjae’s POV)

“Jongup… can I… go home… now?” I stuttered. I shocked. I don’t know what should I do.

“Why?” Jongup asked.

“P—Please, let me go. I’ll pay.” I nearly cry. I’m shaking. “Please.” I said once again.

“Ok.” Jongup sighed. I quickly open my wallet and give Jongup few money. After that, I just run away from that café—to home.

 

Please, don’t let something bad happen again, god…