Burning Bridges

Heroes

"Jaemi!" The girls cried as they saw their friend slip off the edge of the building.

They quickly ran to the rail as they searched through the streets to find the body of their friend. They gasped to find no bloody stain on the side walk, but rather people strolling normally as they would. They gave worried and questioning glances between themselves, silently asking a million questions.

Yoomi began to whimper to find their friend dead and gone. The rest added on to the crying friend, creating a surge of tears.

"Guys!" Jaemi cheered. She waved to the crying girls, smiling.

They all stared into the air astonished.




The girls groaned as they exited the gym, sweat pooling their bodies. Grabbing towels, they dried off they're bodies, heading for the shower.

"Kind of hate you now Jae..."Hwayoung sighed, "it wasn't even the part where we had to work 20 minutes more than we should in each activity, but rather that you were so relient on being alive without a thought. What if you didn't have the ability to fly?" she sniffled as tears began to form.

Jaemi went into a deep thought. What if that was the case? She would have been dead within that ten seconds, not being able to be given a second chance. Guilt washed over her as she began cry.

"Sorry..." she hitched, "I was to careless with my actions and I gave you guys a big fright. I swear I'll take my safety more seriously next-... not next time, but all the time." she cried before wrapping her arms around her friends.

They cried it out one last time before coming to the decision to go home and rest.

"Come on guys," Heechin smiled, "you all smell," She giggled. They busted out laughing before exiting the building.



"Nara!"
Hwayoung called, "Nara, where are you!" she swooshed her arms throughout the air to find her friend.

"You're right next to my ear," Nara reappeared quickly, palms over her ears.

"We have to go now!" Hwayoung pushed Nara through the door.

They all entered the car half asleep. Jaemi plugged in her headphones, Nara popped her hood on and fell asleep, Yoomi had grabbed her plushie and Hwayoung yawned.

Unexpectedly, Heechin's heart sped quickly as she stared at the bridge thoughout the window. She had a weird anxious feeling, causing her to glance at all the girls with a fearful look. The girls eyes were shut and the car was silent. She gulped, hoping that this was heartburn or some sort of other thing that was nothing to worry about.

She had this unexplainable feeling, but her mind constantly screamed, "get away from that bridge!"

Feeling stupid she tried to calm her heart by closing her eyes as they entered the bridge.



"Girls! Wake up!" t
he appointed driver called out to them, "I think there's a bad traffic jam! Can one of you go out and see what everyones looking at?"

Hwayoung jolted as she questioned how or when she fell asleep. She shook the girls around her. With no avail in waking them up she exited the car, walking to the large screaming crowd.

Heart speeding up once again she ran towards the area. She glanced as she asked all the witnesses with their hands over their mouths in shock.

"Sir! What's going on?" She asked loudly over the crying and screaming people.

"There was a huge accident involving around 20 cars, some cars got knocked over the bridge and the officials aren't here yet to since this problem!!" he stomped as he glanced to the icy waters containing 3 cars in it.

Heechin ran towards their van, cutting the mans words off suddenly.

"Guys!" She shook everyone awake, "you need to help them!" She cried.

"What's happening?" everyone asked, stretching.

"Accident- bridge- bodies and cars in water- you have to help!" she breathed unsteady.

"What?!" They all yelled, running towards the scene.




"What do you think you girls are doing! This is officials area only!" the police officer yelled, trying to hold them back.

"Get out of our way!" Nara yelled quickly before turning invisible, and running towards the policeman, holding him back.

"Jaemi I'm gonna- " Yoomi spread out her hands towards the cars in the ocean.

"I got it! Just go!" with that, Yoomi lifted the cars into the air, her arms shaking wildly.

"I can only hold it for so long!" Yoomi squealed.

"Don't worry! Just hold a little longer!" Jaemi yelled.

"Jaemi! There's a child in the back seat!" Hwayoung notified Jaemi.

"Thanks girl!" she flew towards the car door and opened it. Water poured out leaving an unconscious child buckled into the chair.

She removed him, carrying him towards the police before going to get another. The emergency workers stared in awe as they tried to reciprocate the child.

After emptying one car, Yoomi dropped it back onto the ocean to relieve the weight she had been carrying.

The girls struggled as victims got rescued one by one, leaving the crowd speechless.

Heechin cheered them on silently as she watched the whole scene play out.