Chapter 3

Brown Eyes

The way we held each others’ hand

The way we talked, the way we laughed

It felt so good to find true love

I knew right then and there you were the one

 

Time flew fast and the next thing Yixing and Xiao Ai knew, it’s the day they’re going to finally meet again. They agreed to meet up the same place and time where they first saw each other. Xiao Ai didn’t know what to expect. This will be her first ever date in her entire 20 years of existence on earth. And how lucky can she be that she’ll get to have this with her ultimate bias in the entire universe, Zhang Yixing.

 

“You looked more like a piggy now!”

 

“Wow, thank you for the compliment! That was such a nice greeting after a year of not seeing each other. NOT!”

 

“You know I was just kidding. I’ve missed you Xiao Ai.”

 

“I’ve missed you too Yixing.”

 

The two hugged each other for who knows how long. It seemed like they had no plans of separating at all until someone’s stomach growled like a hungry lion.

 

“Haha. Why didn’t you eat yet? Look at you, you are so thin already! Yixing, please take care of yourself. Do you have any idea how worried your fans are seeing you as skinny as that?”

 

“I’m sorry. I know they’re worried, but I can’t do anything. This is what the company wants. You know how much I love to eat. That’s why you called me big piggy remember?”

 

“For now, forget what the company wants. Think about what you want, Yixing.”

 

“But I already have what I want right here in front of me. I already have you.”

 

“Aside from that. Aside from me. What do you wanna eat, huh? Come on let’s be pigs tonight!”

 

“Game on!”

 

Yixing and Xiao Ai grabbed all the food and drink they could get and want in the store. They spent the night just eating and talking as if that is there’s no tomorrow. And when they’re full, they decided to walk around avoiding as much fans as possible. The last thing they want is an issue to explode.

 

“So we really are dating, aren’t we?” Xiao Ai asked with not much confidence based on the tone of her voice.

 

“Yeah. I believe we are. But you don’t look happy at all. Is there a problem?” Yixing asked worriedly.

 

“I’m just worried. Not about me, but you. I don’t want this thing between us to be known by anybody else. I won’t be the one who’ll be greatly affected. It’ll be you.  I don’t want you to go through controversy stuff because of someone like me.”

 

“Hey. I chose this. If anything bad is going to happen the blame should be on me and not on anybody else, most especially you. But in the first place, I won’t allow any bad things to happen to me, to you, to us. I’ve taken this risk. And I know, I’m beyond 100% sure, it is going to be worth it.” Yixing held Xiao Ai’s hand and locked it with his. And in that moment she knew, that whatever it is that they have right now can’t be just broken by anything. If he had the guts to risk whatever he has right now for them, then she would be more than willing to risk whatever she has for the same reason. Because she knows that right from the very beginning she is starting to fall in love with the man she once thought of only as her fantasy.