Chapter 1

Brown Eyes

Remember the first day when I saw your face?

Remember the first day when you smiled at me?

You stepped to me and then you said to me

I was the man you have dreamed about

 

In the middle of the night, Yixing decided to go to a convenience store near the hotel they’re staying at in Shenzhen. He has no soda anymore because the other members drank it when he wasn’t around. He didn’t mind going out anyway because he didn’t feel sleepy at all yet. He sneaked his way outside the hotel so that fans can’t catch him. He loves his fans, no doubt about that. But sometimes he just feels that he needed a little bit of space away from the eyes of people, even just for a few minutes. And tonight is one of those nights that he wanted to be with himself only. He’s not sad, disappointed, angry or any other negative emotion. He just feels like being alone, that's all.

 

The convenience store didn’t have much people inside. He thought it was a good thing since the store itself is not that big at all. It’s actually too small to be noticed by people and also it doesn’t look like a store from the outside. There’s only one 5-seater table in one window side if customers wanted to enjoy their food and drink inside. He sat on one of the seats and started enjoying his food and soda. He didn’t notice that a girl was seating right beside her all this time until she let out a sound of pain.

 

“Ouch! Huu. My tongue! Coffee, why are you so hot? Huu.” She fans her tongue with her hand while breathing in some of the cold air in the store in order to lessen the pain.

 

“Coffees are meant to be hot, just so you know.” Yixing can’t help but let out a joking remark on the girl’s reaction. He is silently laughing while she’s about to cry in pain. The girl heard this and instead of feeling pissed off, she suddenly stopped fanning her tongue and seemed very surprised with what she heard. Not with the words, but with the voice. It seemed very familiar to her. She looked to her side and there she saw a dimple from a man smiling with his head down. She can’t help but smile as well. It seemed like at that moment, all the pain from her burning tongue disappeared and happiness has taken over her. He was there sitting right next to her, her bias in EXO – Zhang Yixing.

 

“Why are you still awake? Or, maybe I am asleep and this is just a dream. But that can’t be. I felt pain, so I should be awake. This is confusing.”

 

“Yeah it is. You’re confusing me too. A few seconds ago you were about to cry in pain and then now you are smiling. And excuse me, why are you asking me why I’m still awake? Don’t I have the right to stay up late like this? Like what you’re doing now?”

 

“I don’t mean it that way but….Really, I should be dreaming right now. Pinch me Yixing, please.”

 

“What? I can’t do that! You just burnt yourself and now you wanted me to pinch you. Are you a masochist? And how did you know my name?”

 

“Why wouldn’t I know your name? You’re the man of my dreams! That’s why I may be sleeping right now because I just can’t believe I’m looking at you this close.” She covered and turned his back at him while lightly slapping his face for saying such a cheesy thing.

 

“Man of your dreams, eh? Thank you for that compliment.” Yixing smiled upon hearing it. He turned her around, removed her hands from her face and lightly pinched the girl’s cheeks.

 

“There, I pinched you. Are you satisfied now?” not losing the sweet smile on his face.

 

“This is real indeed.”

 

“It is.”

 

And the night continued with these two people just conversing about anything they could think of.