Chapter 5

Brown Eyes

“I know that he loves me 'cause it’s obvious

I know that he loves me 'cause it’s me he trusts

And he's missing me if he's not kissing me

And when he looks at me his brown eyes tell it so”

 

Xiao Ai was of course at the audience. She held a Yixing support banner. She doesn’t know if Yixing will be able to see her in the midst of the crowd but then that doesn’t worry her much since she’s confident that she’ll see him later in the night.

 

First on the lineup was MAMA.  Xiao Ai noticed something different with Yixing’s hand position at the beginning. It wasn’t the usual. Yixing made a small heart sign and when the music began his energy was more than enough to crack the stage.

 

“Oh my goodness. Look at Yixing’s movements. It’s not as strong as that in their past performances. Wow.” A girl beside Xiao Ai noticed.

 

It wasn’t only during MAMA that Yixing’s energy and charisma was overflowing, it was during all their performances like History and Two Moons.

 

Into Your World made the biggest impact both on Xiao Ai and Yixing. Instead of doing the usual dance choreography of the song, the boys went around the stage to interact with the fans. They had candies and flowers with them ready to be thrown to the one of the most important people in their lives, their fans.

 

When it was time for Yixing’s line, he stopped in front of the area where Xiao Ai was. He looked straight into her eyes while singing the line *Eyes, closing and opening again, afraid this is only a dream. Not wanting to let go, I stand before you honestly, wishing for your attention.*

 

It was as if it was only the two of them in that big stadium. She tried holding back her tears during that precious moment. She never expected, not even once, that he will sing directly to her like that. Like he meant every word he sang. And he really did. They know their feelings for each other. And that ‘I love yous’ are not enough to express that overwhelming feeling.

 

Other fans were claiming that Yixing sang directly to them, but Xiao Ai knows and believes that it was for her. And she confirmed that she was right when a flower was thrown at her, before the song ended, by none other than the man she loves with all her heart. Satisfaction can clearly be seen on Yixing’s face when she was able to catch it. She kissed the flower and he in return bowed down to her without losing the eye contact and the lovely smile.

 

-----

 

For the past three nights of EXO in Shenzhen, the two met regularly at the convenience store, thanking God that no one has ever found out yet the secret rendezvous. Every night they make sure that they go to a different place. Xiao Ai showed Yixing the beauty of her hometown. Their everyday seems to be complete even if it is only during the night that they can be together as themselves, not as the idol and the fan.

 

“I’m jealous.”

 

“Huh? Why will you be jealous huh?”

 

“Because the flower got to receive a sweet kiss from you.”

 

“You’re jealous because of a flower, you big piggy! Haha”

 

“If only I could kiss you in front of all those people, I would.”

 

“But we both know you can’t. Haha. Poor you.”

 

“I bet you wanted to kiss me too, hmm. Don’t deny it.”

 

“In your dreams!”

 

“So then I must be dreaming right now.” Xiao Ai was shocked to see Yixing’s face so close to her all of a sudden. Their noses almost touched each other.

 

“I will make you the most blissful woman on earth. Trust me.” He said softly without removing his eyes from looking at hers. Xiao Ai can feel the sincerity of his words.

 

“I’ve trusted you ever since the first day I came to know of your existence.” She replied to Yixing. Sincerity was also overflowing from her words. He leaned closer to her. Their lips only a centimeter apart from each other.

 

Under the moonlight, their lips found warmness in each other’s.

Under the moonlight, they are breathing as one.

Under the moonlight, their fingers interlocked not wanting to part.

Under the moonlight, no words are needed.

Under the moonlight, their brown eyes are both twinkling with love.