Chapter 4

Brown Eyes

“I know that she loves me 'cause she told me so

I know that she loves me 'cause her feelings show

When she stares at me you see she cares for me

You see how she is so deep in love”

 

The two found a short staircase a little far from the hotel. They decided to stay there on their 2nd night of dating. The street was pretty empty except for them.

 

“How was the rehearsal?”

 

“It was fine. Tomorrow’s concert is going to different, I’m telling you.”

 

“Don’t spoil me. I don’t want to know any more details.”

 

“I’m not telling you anything anyway. Haha. It’s a secret I’ll never tell, XOXO Gossip Girl.”

 

“Haha. Yuck Yixing it doesn’t fit you. Stop mocking my favorite American series!”

 

“Haha. I love it when you look annoyed like that.”

 

“You’re such a meanie piggy! I’ve changed my mind. I won’t tell you my secret anymore.”

 

“What you’re going to tell me a secret? What is it? I’m not Gossip Girl anyway, come on!”

 

“NO! I’ve changed my mind.”

 

“Do you really want to keep that secret forever? Ok. I respect your decision then.”

 

“Fine! You’re acting worked, ok. I’ll tell it to you now. Geez.”

 

“See. I knew you’ll give in eventually. Haha. Ok, so tell me now.”

 

“Ok. I honestly don’t have any idea how to say this because I didn’t expect, ever in my entire life, that I will feel something impossible like this. But then after admitting it to myself, I realized that it’s not impossible at all. I was just too afraid to feel it because I know it’s going to hurt so bad. But since it’s here now, I guess I just have to deal with it and just go with the flow. Enjoy the feeling.”

 

“Feeling of what?”

 

“The feeling of being in love with you, Zhang Yixing.” Yixing looked at her as if she just said the best answer he had ever heard in his whole existence on planet earth.

 

Tonight, they can’t seem to break their eyes away from each other.

Tonight, their big and sweet smiles have reached the farthest planet known to man.

Tonight, they can only hear each other’s heart beat as one.

Tonight, it seemed like they’re the only people in the world.

Tonight, everything is possible.

 

“I love you too Xiao Ai. I am truly, madly and deeply in love with you. I thought that when we were away, this feeling will eventually go. But I was wrong. The longer I can’t see you, the more I fall for you. I guess it’s true then, that absence makes the heart grow fonder.”