The Date

High School Drama

Oh, You're back Nami.” - “Yep.. Minwoo. I need to talk to you.” - “Don't tell me you're really going to date Sungjae.” Minwoo looked at me disappointed. “Well..” - “No Nami.. no.. please.” he begged me and I sighed. “He told me to stay away from you this whole week and on Saturday I will have a date with him. I need to be around him in school. After I managed all that.. he will stay away from us.” I told Minwoo and he just rolled his eyes: “How dumb are you to believe him..” - “He has a nice side too..” - “How do you know that Nami?” - “Well, I saw him carrying Tia into the house because she fell asleep.. Ahhr.. I don't know. But the most importan thing is that he would leave us alone Minwoo. Let's just give it a try..” I pleased him and rubbed my forehead a little.


“Alright.” Minwoo said with a sigh but slightly smiled at me. “You really mean it?” I grinned. “Sure, as long as you do well! So.. stay away from me for a week ha! I don't want to see you!” Minwoo joked around and I laughed: “Sure, you won't see me this week.” As I almost left the room to go home, he asked: “But Nami?” - “Eh?” - “What's with that secret you've told me.. Who were you meeting? Sungjae?” Minwoo asked sulking, but I just smiled: “Maybe him, maybe another guy, who knows?” I smirked at him and left the door. “YAH YOU BETTER TELL.. ah forget it.” Minwoo sighed but released a smile, looking after me.
 

***
 

Nami, my lovely one.” Sungjae kissed my cheek carefully as I entered the school and walked next to him. “W-Whoa, Sungjae.. Do that on the date but not in school. People might think wrong.” I said to him and continued walking. “I will be in your class today, there's this plant project going on right? The teacher asked me to help you guys.” - “YOU? Help US? I don't think that's a good idea Sungjae.” I told him honestly and laughed a little but he sulked and said: “Believe it or not, I kow a lot about plants Nami.” - “You do so? Prove it later Sungjae!” I smiled at him, then noticed Minwoo standing alone in the hall. It's going to be boring for him since he doesn't have any friend. I knew he was watching us so when I noticed him, I just stared on the floor to pretend that I didn't see him before. Sungjae placed his arm around my shoulder and walked to the class with me. However, Sungjae really knew a lot about plants, especially when it came to flowerd, what really surprised me though.

 

***
 

The week passed fine, itwas Saturday and I dressed up nicely. Sungjae was really lovely to me over the week. Because of that, my mind was messy, my thoughts flew around in my head. Was Sungjae really a nice guy inside of his body? And the badass mode is just an acting? I couldn't really tell what he really was, I just finished my hair and waited for him to arrive. “A guy is standing in front of our house Nami. Is that Minwoo?” - “It's not. Sungjae, it's Sungjae. My date for tonight.” My voice was a little weak to tell that to my mother but she grinned and opened the door: “SUNGJAE, Come in for a minute ha?” I just looked behind my yelling mother and placed my hand on my forehead: “Oh god mom..” I mumbled as he stepped in.

Sorry Nami, I couldn'tbuy flowers because I was in a hurry.” Sungjae smiled at me and I started to smile as well: “You look nice.” I said excited. Even though he just wore a V-neck shirt and black skinny jeans, he looked great. “Wha, those are the words the man should say to his girl Nami.” Sungjae laughed a little and I stood up: “We better go now. Mom is staring at us like an alien.” I laughed and he nodded, following me to the door where his car stood infront.

 

***

Where are we going Sungjae?” -”Well firstly I will get you some flowers my lady.” - “Ah you don't need to.” I looked on the floor as he opened the door of his car. “I really need to.” He smiled at me and closed the door as I sat inside. Today, Sungjae was really different. Not only his style, but the way he acts and the way he talks is really different. You were really happy today, Sungjae brings a good mood to you.

He dragged you to the flower shop, where he asked you: "Now, what flower do you want?" - "Well.. I can't choose.. there are too many beautiful flowers here", I said looking at the flowers. "You know the language of flowers?", Sungjae asked. "Hm? I know flowers have meanings but I only know the meanings of white carnatios", I said. "Well then.. I would like to give you a bouquet of this four flowers, gardenia, anemone, pink carnation, and blue salvia", he said. "Your task is to find what are they saying to you", he continued and gave me the bouquet. I stared at all the flowers and smiled like the sun: “They're pretty..”

“You know, there's still the festival in town. But since it's already late, most of the shops are closed. But I tell you something.. You know that there will be a fireworks at 7? Since today is the last day of the festival?", he asked. “Whoa, I bet it's going to be bautiful..” I mumbled. "I know the best place to see the fireworks other than here. You'll see, but better we go now if you don't want to be late", he said and brought me to the car again.

 

***


We drove onto the hill near his house and sat down on the grass. "All i want so say is thank you", he said. "For giving me this chance to be with you, and for trusting me", he said. "Thanks for making me happy.” Sungjae continued. “You're welcome. Thank you too for proving me that you can be trusted. You know? Sometimes I'm confused, which one is the real you. The jerk one, or this nice guy besides me right now. I don't know and I don't care if it's just an act but, i really like this side of you. I enjoyed today and thank you for such a wonderful day", I said.

Sungjae smiled at me, like a shy and young boy and I kissed his Cheek lovely what made his cheeks blush. “But.. I have to stay away from you.. forever right?” Sungjae sighed but I shook my head: “Just be nice to Minwoo and me and it will be fine, trust me. Don't do your badass acting anymore in front of me and it will be sure that I like you.” I answered him. The fireworks started and Sungjae placed his jacket on my shoulder because he saw me freezing a little.


[This chapter owns pieces from the original story] ... <3