Falling in Love

Falling in Love

Seunghyun and Dara were now downstairs at the cafeteria on line with their food in their hands. Seunghyun tried hard to strike a conversation but he honestly didn’t know what to talk about and he didn’t want to make the whole atmosphere awkward. Right now there was silence, but it wasn’t awkward, it was actually kind of comfortable. That was a first.

When Seunghyun looked down at Dara he saw her frowning and her eyebrows were furrowed together. Seeing this Seunghyun took his fingers and smoothened out the skin there. Dara was taken aback by his action and looked up at him, but inside really she was dying.

“You look better when you smile.”

“What?” Did he really just compliment me?

“You looked so concentrated and confused; it showed on your face. What happened?”

Should I tell him? He’ll probably laugh because it’s not that big of a problem. “Um, just thinking about our comeback I kind of have an issue…” He better not laugh.

“What kind of issue?” It was Dara’s turn to pay for the food, and then Seunghyun’s.

“Let’s go find a seat first, and then you can tell me your problem.”

They found a seat in the corner next to a window and sat down. “Ok, tell me what’s wrong?”

“It’s not that big but um for this comeback the coordinator told me that becoming a blonde would fit the image… and I’m really not sure if I should because for once I thought it would be cool if I had normal hair. I also thought it wasn’t that fair that I’m always the one having to get these crazy hairstyles, I had to shave half of my head last time for god’s sake.” Dara didn’t know why but she was tearing up and she was embarrassed. Good job Dara cry in front of him and make him feel even more awkward. Seunghyun was quiet the whole time she was speaking, he could tell joking about the situation wouldn’t make it better and she really was troubled.

“If you’re feeling this strongly about it, it’s not a small issue. I would say if you really don’t want to then you don’t have to, but I do understand you. How do you think I felt when I had to get blue hair? I ran from coordi noona,” Dara let out a small laugh at that. Seunghyun continued, “but Dara may I just say no one else in the group would rock those crazy hairstyles better than you, trust me. I think that’s why they always suggest you, because they know you can adapt to any style and make it so much cooler.” Seunghyun finished off with a warm smile.

“Really?”

“Yep. Now stop crying and eat your food so I can eat as well.” How does he go from so sweet to teasing me in such a short amount of time?

“I wasn’t crying! And no one is stopping you from eating.” Dara replied back quickly out of embarrassment that he noticed her crying.

Both started eating once again in silence when Seunghyun brought up the topic that he’s wanted to bring up since he arrived.

“Hey Dara…”

“Hm?”

Seunghyun suddenly got really nervous, what if she didn’t want to give him her number? Then he’d be embarrassed and it would just be awkward and he wouldn’t be able to talk to her as often and—

“Seunghyun? What were you gonna say?”

“Oh yeah. Um you don’t have to but um… canihaveyournumber?” Seunghyun said the last part really fast and was ashamed himself. Where was the cool and collected Choi Seunghyun now?

“What? Speak slower.” Dara was confused.

“Can I have your number? Not in any weird way just you know, I’ve never gotten it in five years and I told you I’d call you but when I went to check I realized I didn’t have it and… yeah.” Damn it Seunghyun, stop rambling!

“Oh.” That’s all she said. But inside, it was a different story.

HES ASKING FOR MY NUMBER EOUFHROUGTEOUGHRT. Ok Dara stay cool.

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to; it’s all up to you.” Why wasn’t she saying yes? Is she really not going to give it to me?

“No its fine, I guess you’re right I never noticed that actually.” She noticed.

Seunghyun took out his phone and handed it to her so she can put in her number. Mission accomplished Seunghyun thought in his head.

“Do you still feel uncomfortable speaking on the phone?”

“Kinda. I don’t know it just feels weird. I’d rather communicate through words; I can take it back if I want. You can’t do that when you’re speaking, the damage is already done.”

“Who said it has to be damaged?”

“Well what if the person doesn’t like what I just said?”

“It doesn’t matter; the person needs to hear what you really think rather than just what you feel like they WANT to hear.”

“I guess you’re right…”

“You know what? I’m not going to text you.”

“You’re not?” Dara was sad at the thought.

“I’m going to call you, and you’re going to answer me because I’m special.” He was grinning.

“And why are you special?”

“Did you look at me?” Dara raised an eyebrow at his response and he let out a chuckle.

“I’m kidding, I just want to feel special ok, being the first person you talk to on the phone” Seunghyun said with a fake pout. This time Dara let out a laugh.

“You realize I have spoken to people on the phone before right?”

“Yeah, but have you REALLY wanted to speak to them? With me you’ll WANT to keep speaking J.”

“Yah don’t you think you’re a little too confident?”

“Nope—“

Dara’s phone chimed and they both stopped so she can check her phone. It was a text from Bom telling her to hurry since Minjis almost done recording.

“Whoa I need to get back, can you um help me carry some of these drinks back?”

“Yeah sure let’s go before hyung gets mad.”

Seunghyun entered the elevator first and as Dara was coming in as well, a huge group of staff followed them inside, seeming to be in a hurry. As they pushed their way into the small space, Dara was pushed and almost about to fall when she felt two strong arms catch her. She looked up and saw Seunghyun’s eyes. His arms were firmly planted around her small waist to keep her from falling. No one noticed them two in the back in the midst of their conversation of how to handle the situation involving Seven. Seunghyun and Dara were pushed against the wall, her hands placed on his chest. She tried to move away but she couldn’t budge, Seunghyun was holding her tight against him.

Dara wanted to look away from his eyes, but she couldn’t. Not a single thought was going through her head at the moment. She was too aware of every part of them that was touching. Then four floors later, the doors opened and the oblivious crowd moved out without turning back even once. The two, unaware of the fact that they were now alone, were still tangled together when the elevator dinged open on their floor. Together they looked away and moved away to opposite sides of the confined space.

Dara was pretending to fix her hair, anything to keep from meeting his eyes again.

Seunghyun was standing there looking down while grabbing the back of his neck. He was embarrassed for that moment, but he did not mind it at all. Not even one bit. However, Dara might have felt uncomfortable and he didn’t want her to think he did that on purpose.

“S-sorry… it was a reflex to catch you and there wasn’t any space so I had to um you know keep that position…”

“No no it’s fine, I should be sorry I should’ve kept my balance… Thank you though, if it wasn’t for you I would’ve fell and embarrassed myself.”

“I would never let you fall Dara,” suddenly he was serious and looking right at her.

“Oh ok. Um we should head back now…” Dara quickly walked out of the elevator, leaving him behind, and into Teddy’s studio where she was met with many questions about why she took so long and where Seunghyun was. Dara couldn’t answer any of them because she was still getting over the shock of being THAT close to Seunghyun. But Seunghyun soon appeared behind her and apologized for being so late and explained it was because the line was too long. The others let go of the situation and moved on while Teddy told Dara to get ready to record. She spared a glance at Seunghyun thinking he wouldn’t be looking but there he was sitting on the couch, looking at her with a warm smile, and right when she thought he couldn’t do anything more that would kill her slowly inside, there was that wink again.

That wink, however, did not go unnoticed by Teddy and CL…

 

 

*CHAPTER DONE *-* This chapter took me the longest to write, idk y but it did. I hope you have a good time reading this. Im sorry for my horrible writing skills, but please bear with it. Hopefully ur love for tabisan will help you get through it lol. Thank you all for still reading and please do comment!.