Please Don't Go: Falling for Him (part 2)

Please Don't Go

 

Please Don't Go
featuring Ok Taecyeon (2PM) and Han Yae Jin (fictional)
 

It has been weeks since the beast assigned me a bodyguard, for my safety. I think it’s one of the nicest things she has done in her whole entire life. However this might be part of her evil schemes and Taecyeon is her affiliate.
Who knows? Nobody tells me anything anymore, now that Jeonhee’s gone. Mr. Kim updates me sometimes, although only about light matters, he doesn’t say anything about her ‘other activities’ if she’s doing something you know, illegal. But I seldom see him around this household.

Oh, and Jang Haneul, is not yet coming back. It just so happens that after her business meeting in Taipei, Taiwan she’ll immediately precede to Shanghai, China. I pray every single night that she gets busier.
For me it is equal to somewhat F-R-E-E-D-O-M.

“What are you wearing?”


“Why never seen me in casual clothes before?” I asked Taecyeon as I locked my door and tucked the exposed hair in my pink cap.
“Uh, yeah.” He pursued manly rolling his eyes, “Where are you going anyway?”
“Somewhere. Since when were you allowed to talk back like that?”
He cleared his throat, “Sorry ma’am.”
I suddenly snatched his arm, “Let’s go!”
Taecyeon jerked his eyes enlarged, “Huh? What? Where?”



“Questions will be entertained later.” I dragged him as I cutely shot him a smirk thinking maybe, just maybe I could convince him to come along. On the other hand, he really doesn’t have a choice if he could come or not.
I’m the boss here…
But then I remembered something so I paused from my walking and glanced back at him, “Wait. You know how to drive right?”
“Of cou--”
“Great! Because I can’t drive.” I continued dragging him, this time he was the one who halted, “You are 22 years old and you don’t know how to drive?” he queried.
I groaned and rolled my eyes at him, “No one ever dared to teach me. They say it was too dangerous.” I mocked.
“Oh~, feisty.” I aggressively pulled him. “Ouch!” he whined.
I ignored him and went on hauling him out to the front of our mansion where a car was parked ready for use. 

                                                                ♦~~~~~♦~~~~~♦~~~~~♦



“An amusement park?” he questioned seeming he didn’t like the place. I hopped off the car first, he then came after. The moment my sneakers landed the ground I instantly rushed at the front gate, “Yes an amusement park. Is there something wrong with that?” Taecyeon stood at my left his hands in his uniform’s pockets.

“Rich people go to amusement parks? Shouldn’t you be like going to rich people places? You know like fancy malls while your pinky is raised and all that.”
I felt insulted so I punched his arm, “Ouch!” he reacted. Afterwards I glared at him.
“You’re pretty strong for… a thin person.” I hit him again. “Ok I’ll stop.”


“I decided to come here because I need inspiration to finish my painting.” I stated.
“What inspiration? Your inspiration is just right beside you.” I suddenly glanced at him and saw his signature goofy grin and hastily raising his eyebrows at the same time.
“Oh you mean this lamp post here at my right?” I mocked pointing at it. His visage changed, “Why do you still need to have inspiration? You’re just painting a bunch of stupid clouds in the sky, that’s not so hard.” His silly tone changed to an irritated one.

He looked so adorable that I can’t help but to laugh as a response.
Taecyeon’s lips pouted and then he looked away. 




                                                                ♦~~~~~♦~~~~~♦~~~~~♦


“Let’s ride on that one next!!!” I jumped in glee, showing him the Ferris wheel, as I was amazed at the sight. “Ma’am I’m sorry to say this but I’m bushed. Why don’t you go by yourself? I’ll guard you from down here on this comfy and safe bench.” He moaned while he gave his shoulders a massage as he rested on the bench. “The ride would if I’ll be alone! That Ferris wheel has a maximum of four seats to be occupied by four people and I believe the minimum is 2 people in that car!”



“A few weeks ago you were crying your heart out and now you’re so perked up and giving me a lecture, if that’s what you could call it. Oh, how I miss you weeping and me, giving you a warm, warm hug.” He joked.

I was goaded. I crossed my arms and stomped my feet against the cemented ground.
“Alright, alright I’ll come with you.” He stated, for he had no other choice but to obey me.

“Great~!!!” I smirked. 


                                                              ♦~~~~~♦~~~~~♦~~~~~♦


“Look! Look! I can see the Namsan Tower from here!” I childishly exclaimed unintentionally shaking the car. My eyes dragged themselves to glance at Taecyeon and found him holding onto the rails. I burst in to laughter as soon as I saw that scene. “Is Mr. Ok Taecyeon afraid?” I teased as a reflex.



“No, I got startled that’s all.” His answer was soft. “As a bodyguard, getting startled should not be in your system right? You should be alert and prepared at all times.” He ignored my short speech. While he looked out, his silence brought me awkwardness. After seconds, he spoke up, “Do you… believe in love at first sight?”

“Mwoh?”
“When you meet someone for the very first time and instantly you think that that person is the one.”


“Uh~” I didn’t know what to say since he caught me off-guard. I began playing with my cap that I held in my hands. My fingers began tracing around it, my heart was beating fast and I could not form a single sentence to state. I gazed away from him and a few seconds later I laid eyes on him again. I noticed him dreamily staring at me with those magnificent black marble eyes of his.

Taecyeon’s lips slowly opened, “I do.”

The ride was beginning to slow down and our car was on top... perfect~! No fast escape… Wait, I know.

My face muscles formed a smile and I shoved his head until it gently hit the fiber glass of the car. I suddenly chuckled, “That is so cheesy!”

“I was serious!”
“Oh. Really?” My expression changed while he pouted at me. “Mianhae.” There was no response even if I apologized. 



                                                               ♦~~~~~♦~~~~~♦~~~~~♦



“I said I was sorry~” that was the 50th time I asked for his forgiveness ever since we left the amusement park. Taecyeon just focused himself on his driving. What’s his problem?

I released a loud sough, folded my arms and then sank on my seat. I felt Taecyeon glanced at me. Suddenly I heard his voice once again, “Okay, I forgive you.”



“What did I do that offended you anyway?” On second thought, “Wait, don’t answer. I think I know what it is...” he flashed me a grin. I guess it was rude of me to laugh at him when he was saying something serious. I don’t know it was not like him to be that staid.

It seems like Taecyeon and I have this strong connection. It’s like we understand each other even if it’s only been weeks. Like we went through the same suffering.

I stole a glance at him; this guy has only been showing the real half of him. I wonder what his other half is like. What mystery is he hiding under all that goofiness?
I can’t believe I’m saying this but he’s right, maybe he is my inspiration. That mysteriousness he has gives me a bit of thrill and stimulation.



Love at first sight… Hmmm~
Love at first sight? What did he mean by that?



The moment he first saw me he fell in love? Is that it?
That could explain the never ending staring and weird statements. Is it true that this guy is in love with me, huh Han Yae Jin?
But how sure is he that it is love at first sight?

I timidly shook my head at the thought. Then I noticed we were nearing the front of the mansion. The vehicle soon parked. Taecyeon courteously opened the door for me after he hopped off. As soon as I got out, the maids rushed to us. He handed the car keys to one of them and they all greeted us warmly. I suddenly felt the inspiration come. I have to finish that painting now!

I grabbed his wrist which shocked him, “Let’s go!” I eagerly stated. I hauled him as I rushed to my room. Then I proceeded to my terrace. I left my stuff there just in case inspiration comes. Good thing I did.



I sat comfortably on my chair, took off my cap and picked up the brush, drenched its tips, dappled it with paint and it began dancing gracefully on the canvas.

I paused for a moment and shifted my gaze to Taecyeon’s spot. His stance a bit crooked and his head hanging low. I keenly watched him; he drifted in and out of sleep. He actually looked silly as he went at it. My face brightened even more because of him. Who knew he gets tired? Shouldn’t he be professionally fit for this? “Taecyeon?” I called out, “You could sleep on my bed if you’re tired.” I pursued. He moved his head from the left to the right, “I’m okay ma’am. I can handle it.” He began speaking formal again. “Are you sure?” “Yes ma’am.”


“Well, alright, if you say so.” I slowly muttered. I guess, when he’s tired he transforms into a gentleman?

I was finally able to convince Taecyeon to rest however he refused to sleep on my bed but on the couch located outside my room. After a while I was able to finish my painting. Another piece I could be proud of because it is dedicated to my dad. I immortalized the scenery of the sky. My dad just loves gazing at it, day or night. For him it was like a clear blue ocean above the clouds.



I cleaned up my things placing them back on the proper shelves. Accidentally one of my brushes splayed out of the container and rolled under the wooden cabinet.

I stooped down as low as I can and reached out for it. My fingers soon felt the wood of the brush. When I slid it out, I was able to drag out a folded piece of paper. I stood back up, returned the brush and then sat on the edge of my bed to check what this paper contains.

I flipped it open… Wait, I know this penmanship anywhere. I scanned the whole letter first; I checked who it came from. I was right it was from my dad. My heart suddenly skipped a beat. I instantly looked at the date and found out that it was the day of his marriage to Jang Haneul. It has already been long since that day, how come I only saw this now?



The letter says:

Dear Yae Jin,

How’s my beautiful daughter? I hope you are doing fine. I bet you know what day it is today, my wedding day. It seems that you and Haneul are not getting along well. I wish that after this day when she is officially part of our family you could accept her, if not as a mother at least as an older sister.
I will do my best to make us one happy family. Even if it takes a long time for me to do so. I know she was not like your mother. But apparently I love her; she’s very dear to me as much as you are. I hope you understand. You will have your own life once you get older and marry too. I don’t want to be alone with no ‘life-time companion.’ It would be really hard for me. Even if you promise you will not leave the mansion, I bet you will still be occupied with other things going on with your life. It’s hard to tell…

Anyhow, I also wrote this letter to let you know how much I love you. I love you with all my heart and no one could ever replace you my wonderful daughter, Yae Jin. Haneul might be my wife soon, nevertheless remember that you’ll always be my number one Yae Jin. One last thing, don’t ever forget how to smile.

Your dad,
Han Yoo Jin




Tears began crawling down my cheeks and my heart ached. I folded the paper as I held it and placed it near my chest, “Appa. Saranghae~” I whispered to myself. This is one of the rarest moments in my life that he says this word. He’s not much of a good speaker when it comes to being a normal dad. He knows how to speak very fluently in front of millions people but as a CEO, even though he shows a bit of affection and I do really feel that he loves me. When mom died, his outlook in life did not change. He did not act as if it was the end of his world… He had hope in him that someday things would turn out okay.



Now that the past was hunting me, I did not stop from my weeping. These mixed emotions that captured me during the time of my father’s unexpected death confidently came back. I was unconsciously crumpling the paper because of this indescribable feeling in my heart. The good memories I had today was no match to the unpleasant events of the past. Everything flashed back in the speed of light.

“Appa~” I was beginning to call out his name just to fill up this void temporarily, which sadly, can’t be filled by anyone else eternally. My body suddenly felt frail and I gradually slid down to the floor. My head uneasily rested on the side of my bed and my hands aggressively holding on to its sheets. The letter fell along with me.

“Appa…” Water came rushing down successively, not taking any breaks. I was panting heavily; I think my body can’t take too much pain. The tears can’t occupy the aching. My eyes will soon run out of tears but the sting will not be lessened at all.

I was getting dizzy, that my vision was affected. I could not see anything clearly, since my tears were also a hindrance. I could hardly hear too. I did not know what was happening to me. A few minutes in this state, I discerned somehow footsteps nearing me, but I was not sure who they were.


All I could heed is my endless lamenting.

“Ma’am? Gwenchana? ”
“Tae~ Taecyeon?”
“What happened to you?”


His voice calmed me at least for a short while.


I instantly giggled at him, as I peered to get a better view of his visage.
I saw his worried look and all of the sudden I broke down completely and continued sobbing.
His warm, caring arms wrapped themselves around my fragile and cold being.
“I hhets miy lifre…” I blurted out involuntarily.
“Mwoh?”


Subsequently I was chuckling again while I was catching my breath.
I glanced at him, my eyes wide open, my shoulders going up, down, up, down…following my laughter even if he was hugging me…my sweet, sweet laughter was not to stop…

…daisies are my favorite. They make me happy, a lot happy… Like I’m the queen of the universe. I wonder if I wear a robe? That would make me look prettiful.



“I like being a queennie Taecyeon. It makes me happy… Very much happy.” Taecyeon is very nice, he looks beautifullest…

“Yae Jin! What’s happening to you?! Are you going crazy?! Snap out of it!” Taecyeon is irritably screaming at me. He shook me... Taecyeon is a bad, very bad man so I shot him a frown.
“Ouch. Daddy that hurts. Why you hate daisies Daddy Taeckie? Oh well, maybe you will like the other stuffs I like. Like that one over there and that one right beside it. Maybe you like my room? Ha-ha. Ha-ha. Come on Daddy Taeckie ha-ha with me.”



“Yae Jin!” In an instant I felt a tough slap on my cheek forcing my neck to jolt to the left.

What the hell did just happen?
I was in shock leaving me to stay in that stance. My head started to ache yet again and my body condition was no good.

My red puffy eyes drifted to his direction, “Taec--” I slowly tilted backwards, losing control of my body. Before I could feel the ground, everything turned pitch black...

“Yae Jin? Yae Jin. Wake up.” I perceived his distinct voice.

I had to blink more than five times to be able to see well.
The soft cushion of my bed pleasantly met with my back and my head relaxed on my pillow. I scanned my surroundings finally landing on his anxious face. Before I could respond, all of the sudden I experienced immensity, like tons of boulders were crushing me.


“Gwenchana?” Taecyeon asked.
“Aniyo~” I subtlety whispered.

I had no idea why but I reluctantly cried a tear.
“Do you miss your dad?” he continued to question me.
I did not answer him since I was too weak to do so and man, was my brain hurting! He took that as a ‘Yes


“Well, I accidentally read the letter you were holding. Uh~” he paused for a moment seeming he’s trying to form the right statements, “I saw on T.V. the news about your father’s death…” He started scratching his head clueless of what to say next, after pausing he pursued, “So I know… It’s a great lost…” I saw him pursed his lips and then looked away. I chased his head, gazing at the same direction. I noticed that it was already very dark outside.

“I guess you need some time alone. I’ll be leaving you now ma’am.” He gradually stood up and bowed in front of me. Suddenly my body sat up and reached out for his arm. My shivering hands grasped it tight as I tried to cling on to him. “Don’t.” He looked back at me, “Mwoh?”



“Please don’t go. I-I need you.” Tears made their comeback as I started crying all over again. Not because of my dad, but because I felt so lonely. No one was there for me. I needed him… I wanted Taecyeon. To be that ‘someone’ who could accompany me, even if it would only be short-term.

He sat back beside me and gently wiped the tears damping my face. He drew me near him and my lost soul touched his divine soul. The moment he locked me in a very affectionate embrace something sparked between us. I instantly felt something weird but pleasant. Comforting it was that I began weeping harder. Nevertheless, the pain was evaporating inside me. The heaviness of my heart was no more.



“I won’t leave. I’ll stay and be with you.” Those words sounded magical. It relieved my restless mind. I suppose it’s not yet the end. I still have him.

What is this weird pleasant feeling? What is it again? Oh~ right. It’s love.
…love which I have not been experiencing for a long while now. It feels so satisfying.



As of now, I don’t care if it’s genial love, kin love or romantic love. As long as I will be loved, it would be fine. That’s how desperate I am. I've been through a lot of crying I don't want to cry my whole life and basically, he’s the solution to that problem... I think.

Jang Haneul might get in the way. I’m might lose him, like what happened to dad, Jin Ho, and Jeonhee. Maybe that’s what she wants to happen? Ugh. I don’t know. I’m confused.

Perhaps, he could be the person to fill this void, permanently… 



                                                                      ♦~~~~~♦~~~~~♦~~~~~♦


“Come in.”



“Ma’am are you ready? She will arrive soon. We have to be there before she does.” Taecyeon reminded me.
I looked back at the mirror and fixed my hair. I placed the brush down and stood up to face him.
He then began clicking his tongue. “What?” I wondered. I began scanning myself for any obvious flaws.
“It’s just that it hurts me to see you so beautiful.”



“How come?” I crossed my arms. “There would be a lot more guys stealing glances at you.”
I shot him a grin and rolled my eyes.
“Why that wasn’t sweet for you?” he suddenly questioned with shock that his statement only had a temporary effect on me. “Not that much.” He reassured, “Seriously? Am I losing my charisma?”


“Yes.” I stated honestly. The moment he was about to react, his ear piece sounded. He glanced at me and excused himself through his eyes and that’s when he spun around. Taecyeon being occupied, I walked towards my bed to get my purse.

“Ma’am we have to leave.” He uttered as he drew near me.
“Sure.”


I can’t believe this day would really come: When the beast has to come back home in this very mansion.
I was having a great time without her here.

Now we have to go meet her at the company for her ‘Welcome Back Party.’ I truly think it’s not necessary. I mean come on; she was not away for a very long time. Besides, she doesn’t deserve a celebration like that. It’s like they’re welcoming the ‘evil’ back. She should’ve come straight here from the airport, and that’s it. Just say a simple, “Welcome home.”


Smile, bow and then leave. Whoever thought of this party doesn’t know what he or she is doing…

“Gwenchana?” Taecyeon blurted out.
“Yea--”


“No you’re not alright.” His eyebrows knotted.
My eyes focused on his when his fingers elevated my face a bit. For an unknown reason my heart skipped a beat.
His gentle hands grabbed my shoulders and directed me to sit down on my bed. He moved back a few steps and started dancing oddly. He was doing Egyptian, Indian, Ballroom and other kinds of dances in a span of ten to twelve seconds.

With that ‘show’ I was giggling skittishly.
“There you go.” He showcased his charming smirk this time.
“Alright ma’am. Let’s go then.” 




                                                                  ♦~~~~~♦~~~~~♦~~~~~♦



“Everyone, prepare yourselves Ms. Hanuel is about to arrive!” A guy in a blue suit exclaimed, after a pause he continued, “Fix the streamers. Ready the confetti…”
Hmm… He forgot to remind everyone to put on a fake smile…
I believe Jang Haneul is getting on their nerves as well, it would be impossible if that isn’t happening.
I almost went crazy because of her and I seldom see her around the house.

The double door flew open and from where I was standing I could envision Mr. Kim with the very professional posture as he strode along with his -fresh from abroad- co-bodyguards on the hallway. When they reached the door, they gave way for the ‘star.’ The confetti was thrown and everyone shouted, “Welcome back!” in straight English.



Everything she had done to me played back in my head; it felt like it was just yesterday.

As soon as I laid eyes on her, fire came back and lingered in my veins. Instead of converting all of this energy to a frown I had to put on a plastic smirk, which could only be melted with extreme anger.

Before I would lose control of myself I had to gaze away and I can’t help but notice Taecyeon’s uneasiness. He must be nervous meeting his boss for the first time.
I carefully observed him and he did not seem to be anxious, he seemed to be aggravated.



“Yae Jin, dear.” Oh, god. The beast is officially talking to me. I brightened up my fake smirk even more and turned to her.
I saw everyone was waiting for my response, so I had no choice but to reply these words that I cannot sincerely say to the beast, “I missed you.” “Me too dear.” She went along with me.


Haneul spotted Taecyeon and acknowledged him, “Nice to meet you.”


“Likewise Ms. Haneul.” He added a very humble bow to it.
Mr. Kim on the other hand led everyone to start the ‘party’ while the three of us were left behind. Lighthearted but sophisticated music sounded off in the background.
“So you’re Yae Jin’s new bodyguard?”
“Yes, Ms. Haneul.”
“It seems you’ve been taking good care of her. She seems to be smiling now.” She glared at me with her loftiness.
What is that suppose to mean? I bet she knows I’m faking this, because I know she is just pretending too.


“I have been looking out for her…”
She scoffed a bit and pursued, “Well, I formally welcome you to our family.” She uttered extending her hand.
What family is she talking about? She is not family.



Taecyeon did not respond immediately; he stared at her hand and at her visage with no emotions at all.
His eyes walked their way at my spot, pondering on what to do next. What’s wrong with him? I have never seen him like this before; he acted so vulnerable. Impatience covered the face of Jang Haneul, “Ehem.” She made a sound, so as not to further embarrass herself, for Taecyeon is not yet returning her gesture. At last, Taecyeon grasped her painted hand and shook it rigidly as he gazed at her with so much ire, or it seemed like it… I wasn’t truly sure, I was puzzled the whole moment.



Jang Haneul flinched and instantly took back her hand and grinned at him. She slightly bowed her head along with those curled locks and spun around to entertain the others. The ‘party’ sky-rocketed after all the greetings was made.

I was not afraid to look like a sore loser in front of all the people there so I stood by the buffet table the whole time. Anyway Taecyeon was my sore-loser-buddy. Who cares? This apparently is my comfort zone.
The ridiculous ‘Welcome Back Party’ can be described with one word, B-O-R-I-N-G. I think I was sighing four times an hour or more. And it was the wrong time for Taecyeon to stay silent. It is so not like him to be so hushed. There were so many things there for him to make fun of, but he didn’t; it’s not amusing if I kept it to myself either.

Subsequently a long while of eating this and drinking that, saying hello to passers-by and bidding good-bye to those who need to leave, Taecyeon finally talked to me, “Ma’am do you want to leave?” with concern in his tone.
“No, let’s wait ‘till this party is over.” I suggested, it would be rude if I run off early, even if it is about to end. He bobbed his head and stood back straight. 




                                                                     ♦~~~~~♦~~~~~♦~~~~~♦


After a tiring day of standing, walking and smiling, we were on our way home. The beast had a separate car, good thing she requested for it. I won’t be able to endure sitting with her anyway.

As soon as we got home, she met up with me at the main hall, with only Taecyeon and Mr. Kim accompanying us.
She intensely crossed her arms, “Yae Jin if you’re too impatient to attend a party or any other occasion you shouldn’t have dared to come.”
“Mwoh?” I reacted.
“It was insulting to just stand by the buffet table and do nothing. You should know how to act like a Han. We had clients there and I tell you they didn’t like your presence, you should have tried to converse with at least half of the people there. The only thing they loved about you is your refinement.” She pursued, “And to remind you that is not something to be proud of, it is expected for a daughter of rich descent to be prim on how she carries herself at all times. I’m very disappointed Yae Jin.”
“First of all, I would like to say, you are very much welcome. It was not that hard disappointing you. Last, who are you to tell me what to do?” I belligerently retorted.


“I am your stepmother and you have no other choice but to obey me!” she exclaimed as she burst with anger.
I scoffed at her, “Wae (Why)? From the very freakin’ start I never treated you as family! You are nothing but a nuisance to us!”
As predicted she gave me a harsh slap on my cheek. I landed on Taecyeon’s embrace and he asked me if I was alright. I nodded and he helped me stand back up. Haneul grabbed my chin and drew me near her.

My eyes began to be pierced by hers. She took a deep breath, “You better watch your mouth Han Yae Jin. I’m warning you, one day that might be the reason of your death.” She threatened. That powerful statement brushed my confidence away and brought back terror.


“I’m sorry to say this Ms. Haneul, but you better watch your actions, or else you’ll be facing me.” Taecyeon boldly retorted.

The beast retrieved her hand, “Mr. Kim, you actually accepted a bodyguard who talks back? Look Mr. Taecyeon, I’ll just pretend that that did not happen. But if you do repeat it, you’re out of this mansion.” She stated and then spun around ready to leave with Mr. Kim. “Wait.” I stopped her.
I searched for my dad’s letter in my purse and as soon as I got a hold of it I took it out and unfolded it. I held it high for her to see, “How come this letter never reached me on the exact date it was written? I’m pretty sure you’re behind this.”
“What letter are you talking about?” She came closer to get a better view, “Oh~ that.”


“Oh~ that?” I wondered.
“From what I could remember, your father asked Jeonhee to give you that letter at once. Although, according to Mr. Kim you were too…mmm… how should I say this? You were too, frustrated that your dad and I will get married so you ignored her as Mr. Kim called you out because you were about to leave for the church. That’s about it…”
“What?”


“Clearly I had nothing to do with it, so please spare me of your rage. I already had enough for today.” She stated and instantly left.

Regret engulfed me as my eyes watched her arrogantly go up the flight of stairs.
For the first time the beast actually made sense.
It really was my fault…

“Ma’am?” Taecyeon called out.
I dragged my eyes at him, “Yes?”
“Umm… It would be best if you rest, you don’t look so good.”


“I guess so.” I answered shortly.

Taecyeon escorted me to my room and as usual he guarded me from outside my room. After I have prepared to sleep, I lay on my bed with many things clouding up my mind. What would have happened if I read dad‘s letter? Would things turn out different or would there be no change at all? Ugh. Jang Haneul is such a pro in ruining my day and making me feel dreadful.

It was deep in the night and I still couldn’t sleep so I checked if Taecyeon was still guarding me.
I never really knew if he was actually sleeping out my room or if he goes back to his dorm. I tip-toed towards the door and gradually opened it. Expecting that he would be there I called out his name, “Taecyeon?”



“Yes Ms. Yae Jin?”

Ms. Yae Jin? Since when did he start calling me that?

I was suddenly upset when I saw someone else –a bodyguard I don’t see often-.
Darkness dominated and I was not able to distinguish his features well, but one thing is for sure his visage was like that of an angel.

Snapping out of my fantasies, “Uh, excuse me but where’s Taecyeon?” I politely questioned.
“Taec’s shift ended an hour ago Ms. Yae Jin. I assume he’s back at the dormitory, sleeping.”
This ‘angel’ answered, he did not only posses such a beautiful presence his voice was mesmerizing to hear.



“Oh~” I sneered a bit, acting all cute infront of him. I pursed my lips for a second and then pursued, “When does his shift start again?”

“I think his shift starts at 5 a.m. Ms. Yae Jin.”
“Okay, thank you. So umm… He’s at the employee’s dormitory now?”
“Yes.”


“Hmm… If it’s okay with you, could you accompany me there? I would like to say something important to him.” I skittishly uttered.

Before we proceeded to the dorm I took my coat and wrapped it cozily around my body for warmth.
We ‘sneaked’ through the slightly lit, maze-like hallways until we reached the garden at the back of our mansion that serves as a connection to the house and the dormitory.

As we walked through the beautiful, breathtaking garden -filled with flowers of all kinds-, we spotted Taecyeon sitting on a bench under the bright stars.
“Uh, what is your name again?” I asked my new acquaintance.


“Jaejoong, Ms. Yae Jin.”
I searched for an excuse, “Right, Jaejoong could you leave me for a moment? This thing we’ll be talking about is somewhat confidential.”
Jaejoong bowed and shot me a meek smile, “No problem Ms. Yae Jin. I’ll be departing now.”

After he left I strolled towards Taecyeon. He soon noticed me and got surprised, “Ma’am.” He stood up and courteously bowed his head. He wore casual clothes which I was not fond of seeing him in. He just looks so different without the ‘outfit’ on.

“I thought you’ll be by me at all times?” I kid. “Huh?”


“You said that right? You’ll be by me at all times? How come you’re here relaxing? You never told me you actually go back to the dorm and rest.”
“Oh, about that, umm… of course I have to right? I mean how else can I guard you if I’m drowsy and all.” He countered as he laughed at the end of his statement.

“You do have a point.” I slightly nudged my head.
He then pursued, “After all I’m not some superhuman that needs no sleep.”
“Yeah.” I giggled as I sat beside him.
“So what are you doing here anyway ma’am?”
“I just wanted to see you.” I uttered as the coldness gradually wrapped itself around me.



“You wanted to see me? Is that now the safest way to say, you missed me?” He presented his charming grin once again.
In return for his statement I looked at him and childishly pursed my lips.
“Is that a yes?” his face lightened.
I replied a, “Maybe…”
“Maybe? So does that mean I have a chance?” he began to act eager.
“A chance?”


“You, liking me back.”
Oh, gosh! I shouldn’t have answered. Now I’m stuck here with no other words to spill.
Hmm… What to do?
“Hey look it’s uh, Mr. Kim!” I pointed at a random direction.
I didn’t get any response so I gazed back at him. I saw him pouting and his brows crossing.
“You’re changing the subject.” He stated with an immature pitch.

Wow, he’s good! I guess I should just go straight to my real question then.
“If it’s alright to ask. Is there something bothering you recently?”


“Why’d you ask?”
“You have been acting weird ever since Jang Haneul got here. Is she your problem?”
“You mean Ms. Haneul? You really don’t have to trouble yourself, I have NO problem.” He smirked.
“Come on, I know you have a serious problem. It would be better if you share, I might be able to help you.”
“Define serious…” he kept on twisting the conversation, making it hard for me to get an answer.
I showed him a dismayed look and he instantly gave in,
“Ok, you want to know my problem?”
“Yes.”


“My problem is that you keep on insisting that I have a problem but I really don’t. That’s it.”
Oh, great. It’s so difficult to shake him.
“Thanks anyway.” He ended.
“Why are you thanking me?”


“It’s because you’re concerned about me.”
I think I can’t force him, so I give up!
I soughed heavily in front of him and gazed at the stars instead.

“My turn. How ‘bout you? You seemed to be caught up in a predicament.”
I turned back my attention to him, “Well, it’s nothing really.”


“Come on, I know you have a serious problem. It would be better if you share, I might be able to help you.” He imitated me.
It would not hurt if I tell him everything right? To trust him?
He rightfully earned my trust anyway, so I guess I should tell him?


“Here it goes…”

I told him about my late boyfriend Jin Ho, who was ruthlessly killed by none other than Jang Haneul. She did not kill him directly, of course she asked someone to do it for her. But as I have said the reason behind it was because she did not see him as an excellent ‘accessory’ – as she calls it- to the growth of the company. Let’s say she did not find him as the ‘perfect man’ for me. And to remind you, she was just my father’s fiancée that time. Then I told him about the how my dad really died.

“She did all that?!” he exclaimed with so much shock.


“Yes.”
“So she’s still the same.” He muttered but I managed to hear.
“Huh?”
“Uh, nothing.”
That’s weird, he sounded as if he knew her for a long time now.
“You know, I’m amazed. After all she has done to you. It never came to your mind to actually eliminate her.” He strongly uttered as his head hanged low observing the grass.
“My dad taught me never to do so. It’s immoral. Let fate do its work for you.”

Taecyeon’s face darkened and it seemed what I have said silenced him.
“Yae Jin?” he called me by my name.



“May I be your healer?” he blurted out all of the sudden.
What the heck did he just say? Am I hallucinating or something?
Since I doubted, I had to reassure, “What did you say?”

Before replying, his head went up and down, back up and down. He began sighing continuously; he then breathe in a lung full of air and went on, “May I be the one to heal your wounds? May I be the one to catch you when you fall? May I be your shoulder to lean on when you feel lonely?” All of the sudden he faced me and held my freezing hands. His beautiful marble eyes focused on my façade.
I shuddered a bit, not knowing what to do next. My body temperature rose and my tongue dried up, I was coughing inside. No matter how cold it was outside, sweat formed at my temples.

He released his right hand calmly reaching out to my cheeks; tenderly caressing it, “May I be the occupant of your empty heart? May I be your Mr. Right?” as soon as he ended his hands gripped my hands once more.


“Uh~” I gulped. The longer I gazed at his eyes, the more I got lost in them. I just found security and love was written all over it. It was a sweet escape from reality.

“I really like you Yae Jin. I’ll do anything for your happiness…”
Taecyeon was very stern, I could tell. I know when he is joking or not. Only 1.99% of me is saying that he's just kidding around. The moment I noticed him not taking his eyes off mine; that’s when I knew he wasn’t mocking me.
Hypnotizing as it was, I had to focus my attention in something else before I give in completely.

The tension was gravely constricting so I glanced away.
I hate his unpredictability, I always get caught off-guard, and I don’t like it one bit.
But those statements he said were just so engaging and alleviating.
My heart started beating fast. I inhaled deeply and dragged my eyes back at his.

His mouth gradually opened ready to say something out loud, “Could you be mine?” 

                                                                          ♦~~~~~♦~~~~~♦~~~~~♦

Author’s Note:

I hope you liked it~!
I bet you know the lead character went almost crazy. I added that part since I thought the things she’s going through, it would definitely make me go gaga. By the way I added the letter thingy and the amusement park, so that it would show that they are really developing. Oh, and the party thingy I included that one too.

Sort of a cliffhanger there huh? Sorry.
Please do tell me if you liked it. Hmm… two more parts to go~!!! FIGHTING~!

I hope this was as good as the first one or even better.
By the way about Jaejoong, I can’t think of a good name and it just so happens I was thinking about him so I just placed his name there randomly. Just saying.

That would be all.

Please do comment~

~phantom knight