Please Don't Go (Finale/part 4B)

Please Don't Go
Please Don't Go
featuring Ok Taecyeon (2PM) and Han Yae Jin (fictional)
 

   

I whispered at my nurse’s ear asking her to leave and she did after bowing to all of them.

After Amanda was done with all the drama Jang Haneul stepped in, “Hello Amanda!” she greeted the once ‘designer in distress’. They did a couple of air kisses and laughed at each other’s praises.

“Yae Jin. Amanda here designed the wedding dress you’re going to wear.” The beast stated.

 

“Wow” was all I could say.

 

The French designer clapped her hands and a gown was brought in, “You’ll love it He Jin!”

“Uhm, its Y~ae Jin.” I corrected.  “Oh whatever!” she rolled her eyes.

 

Who knew this woman acts like Jang Haneul? Are they long lost sisters? If so she should take the beast’s back to France. A chuckle escaped my mouth, and the beast accidentally heard it. She threw me a sharp look, causing me to look down.       

   

“Here!” Amanda exclaimed. I gazed up and she revealed to me the lovely dress. It had a fitted bodice and a waistline leading to a very full floral skirt and with lace as its straps. I was amazed with the dress. It was too beautiful for one of the most horrible days of my life.

 

The beast suggested me to wear it and I obeyed her. I was eager to try it out anyway.   

 

The assistants came with me to help me wear it. While staring at myself in front of the mirror I was reminded of Taecyeon once more. He must have died if he saw me in this. Oh and the wedding gown fits me perfectly.  

     

 I walked out my dressing room and Amanda just fell on her knees, literally.

“She’s so beautiful! My masterpiece never looked better!”

Jang Haneul, plastered a straight annoying look on her face.

I grinned at Amanda.

 

She suddenly rushed to me and started fixing the minimal flaws, when the beast suddenly spoke up, “Too bad Taecyeon won’t see this.”

I frowned at her.

 

She reminded me of what I feel about her. How I loathe her…

 

Amanda and her crew took a few pictures of me in the dress, 

[Here’s how it looks like: (http://www.koreanidols.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/min-jung-leee28099s-wedding-dress-pictures-2.jpg)]

 before I took it off.

 

As I was about to exit the dressing room I noticed a pair of scissors lying on the floor. Jang Haneul paid for this dress right? I wonder how much it costs.

 

I grabbed the scissors and hid it at my back on my way out.

 

I stopped right infront of them and said, “I really love this gown.”

I pursued, “Although I bet I could make it look better.” Amanda’s smile faded and the beast became all suspicious.

 

“Hmm, this skirt is too long for me, I want it short.” I took out the sharp scissors and carelessly cut the skirt shorter.

 

Everyone’s jaws dropped in shock.

 

That’s the reaction I wanted.

 

I have to keep this going, “I don’t like straps either.” I easily tore off the lace straps with the shears.

“Now that looks better does it?” I uttered with sarcasm. I continued ripping the dress - with a wicked simper on my face - until Amanda couldn’t take the situation any longer and fainted. I feel pity for her though, she worked hard for this dress, but I had to do it. I needed to get my revenge.

 

Forgive me dad.

 

“Mr. Kim!” Jang Haneul shouted. Mr. Kim came running in, “What is it Ms. Haneul?”

 

 “Take this girl to my room. Now!” She ordered fire blowing out of her eyes. He bowed and snatched the dress and the shears from my hands and threw it somewhere. The other bodyguards came in and hauled me out my room.

 

“YAH!!! Let go! You’re hurting me!” I yelled at their ears.

 

When we were nearing Jang Haneul’s room Mr. Kim said, “Let her go.” They dropped me in an instant leaving red marks on my wounded arms. He went towards me and properly escorted me to the room.

 

I sat on her bed, now feeling guilty.

“Take care of yourself Ms. Yae Jin.” He bowed at me and I notice a smile on his face. He spun around and went out the door, closing it as soon as he stepped out.

 

Whoa. That was weird. Why was he smiling? Does that mean something bad will happen? Or something good will happen?

 

Nice going Han Yae Jin. You just led yourself to danger.

 

I was about to look around when the door snapped open.

  “What the hell is wrong with you Yae Jin!?” the beast wore a sour expression as she grabbed my arm.

I smirked at her, “Nothing’s wrong with me. But I’m definitely sure something’s wrong with you.”

She held my neck and began constricting it with much force, “Shut up!”

“Why c-can’t say anything-else?” I blurted.

She let go and drew something out of her cabinet.

 

I coughed and when I looked up I froze and shook in terror.

 

“You’re getting on my nerves, woman!” Jang Haneul pointed a gun at me.

She placed it right at my forehead. “I won’t hesitate to pull the trigger!” she was in the verge of becoming hysterical.

 

I laughed at her condition and her statement, “We both know you can’t kill me. You’re still not done using me for your plans.”

 

“That’s no problem. I already got the Shim’s under my control. There’s no need for you to live.” She stated in high-pitched tone.

 

Shoot.

 

I trembled in fear once again. Is this the end?

I keenly watched her finger get closer to the trigger, “Say hi to your dad for me.”

 

Goodb--

 

“Aunty. Drop that gun!”

 

Jang Haneul’s head twisted at the voice’s direction.

“Changmin?” I mouthed surprised and happy to see him.

The beast retrieved the gun to her side, “You! What are you doing here?!”

 

His lips formed a clever smile, “Trying to stop you.” He was going to step forward when she positioned the handgun at his chest.

 

She threatened Changmin not to go any further or he’ll die too. However he had an answer that made the beast think twice, “Then I’ll tell my parents to terminate the contract between the Han Company and the Shim Enterprises.” He added, “I also have the power to strip your money away from you and leave you broke.”

 

“No. No. You can’t do this to me! I’m more powerful than you!” she released the pistol from her grasp and it fell flat on the carpeted floor.

 

“Oh yes I can Aunty.” he replied nearing her.

 

“That’s a lie.” She denied crying out tears afraid to see the future which was right in front of her eyes.

 

“I won’t do the things I told you earlier. If and only if, you promise not to hurt, threaten and lay a hand on Yae Jin.”

The beast nodded frantically. It was the very first time I saw her terrified, especially at someone younger than her.

 

Changmin glanced at me and gave me a signal to get out of the room. I stood up and passed her with no sweat. He clasped on my freezing hand, slowly walking out of the premises. He closed the door and heard Jang Haneul finally collapse, weeping out loud.

 

I couldn’t help myself but give Changmin a sweet embrace to show my earnest gratitude, “Thank you! If you didn’t show up, I might have been dead by now.”

He sneered, “You’re very much welcome Yae Jin.”

 

During the hug I felt so secure, like what I usually feel whenever I’m with Taec, still there’s something extra special when Taec hugs me...

 

I let go and had to ask him this question, “How did you know I was at Jang Haneul’s room?”

He shot me his cute signature smile, “I had a hunch you were in there.”

 

I did not believe him and gave him a doubtful look.

 

“Alright. I forced the bodyguards to tell me where you were or else they would lose their jobs.”

“You like scaring people do you?” I queried.

 

“Not really,” was his answer. His brows crossed when he was able to notice my wounds, “She hurt you?” he questioned.

I did not respond but he took that as a, ‘Yes.’

“You promised me you won’t get hurt.” His voice changed. It was my very first time to see him so stern.

I faintly rebutted, “Promises were meant to be broken.”

His lips were shut. I had to apologize for lying to him, “I’m truly sorry Changmin.”

“It’s alright. At least you’re beauty did not fade.” He joked.

 

I rolled my eyes and began striding back to my room while Changmin followed.  

 

He hindered me from opening the door by leaning on it.

 

“Wait, you can’t go in there.” He uttered acting stiff all of the sudden.

I crossed my arms, “Why? Is Amanda still in there?”

 

Changmin’s brows met, “Amanda who?”

 

“Never mind.”

I guess he does not know Amanda either.

I attempted to turn the knob but he rejected my action. Is he hiding something from me?

Great, now I’m feeling nervous.

I soughed and stated, “Can I please come in?” He instantly allowed me, saying that was the password.

                       I entered and noticed someone admiring my recent paintings.

 

“Excuse me? Who are you?” I wondered.

Hmm… Is this woman Changmin’s ‘real’ girlfriend?

 

The moment she spun around, I ran to her and hugged her tight, “Jeonhee!!!”

“I’m so glad to see you’re okay Ms. Yae Jin,” was her answer.

I let go to feel her face, proving to myself this isn’t an illusion. I pursed my lips in happiness, “I’ve missed you so much.”

She smiled at me.

 

“Surprise.” Changmin said coming towards us.

I got puzzled, “What?”

“I’m the Shim’s Family Assistant now.” She stated with much shine in her eyes.

 

Changmin narrated that his parent’s really liked Jeonhee when they visited our company one time. Jang Haneul agreed to give her to them and serve the Shim’s. Now, she told him about my life and the real personality of the beast. That’s the reason why Changmin was so worried about me on behalf of her.

 

“What are you guys doing here anyway?” I asked.

 

“Well, the real reason why we came here was because… We know where Taecyeon is.” Changmin uttered calmly.

 

I experienced instant adrenaline rush and my eyes widened in glee, “Really? You know where Taec is? How?”

 

He told me that after coming home from the engagement party, he immediately asked his bodyguards to look for Taecyeon. They had no problem finding a picture and facts about him since he was sort of known around Seoul. However it was hard to find reliable information to where he exactly was. The things they usually get were either, “I don’t know him personally. Try asking someone else.” or “I don’t know where he lives now. I’m sorry.” Until one day a bodyguard of his, saw Taec walking along a crowd less street - where apartment houses stood in rows -.

 

“My bodyguard trailed a few feet behind him, but when he looked away for a millisecond, he just simply disappeared.” Changmin added, “But I’m sure he stays in one of those apartment houses.”

 

A genuine beam formed on my lips afterwards. Nothing bad happened to him. I wonder how he’s doing.

I better ask Changmin, “So what did your bodyguard say? Did Taecyeon look healthy? Did he lose weight?”

 

Jeonhee and Changmin glanced at each other and laughed.

 

Was there something I said?

 

“Why? What did I say?” I began to blush a little. Wow, that was how I was excited to know if Taecyeon was doing fine.

 

“Why don’t you ask all those questions to Taecyeon himself?” he uttered a cute smile still lingering on his face.

Jeonhee walked towards me to brush my hair, which she was not able to do for a long time. Before her lips were to say a word she glanced at his boss, also his friend to check if no one is eavesdropping. He inspected all the places a human being could possibly hide into and he nodded, telling her that no one was listening.

 

She soughed just before speaking, “We’ll take you to where they saw Taecyeon. Probably you would be able to see him there.”

I had to gawk down. I couldn’t believe the things I’m hearing as of the moment. No matter how I force myself, this information is not sinking in.

 

I regained composure and continued the discussion, “We’ll see Taec now?” Jeonhee brushed my hair once more, “Yes, right now Ms. Yae Jin.”

 

I clasped my hands together, crossing my arms seconds later, “How? I’m not allowed to leave my room. What more if I leave the mansion?” I ended my statement with another question, “Besides, tomorrow’s our wedding day.”

 

I heard Changmin click his tongue after I finished, “You don’t need to worry about that, I got it all planned out. All you have to do is follow my lead.” He explained.

 

Short silence covered our mouths.

 

“Yae Jin. Just promise me that you’ll find Taecyeon.” Changmin stated. I had to think about everything for a while, it took me long before I could answer, “I promise. This time I’m telling you the truth. I will find Taecyeon.”

 

We left my room together and knocked at Jang Haneul’s door. Changmin still wanted to ask permission from the woman she had threatened not long ago.   

 

When the door was open we viewed the beast was surrounded by maids and bodyguards. We were surprised to see that Mr. Kim was behind the door. Changmin requested if I could get out of the house for at least the rest of the day. He instantly bobbed his head but in one condition and that is if we allow my seven large bodyguards to follow us around. He requested us to leave now. Jang Haneul doesn’t want to see us.

 

We trampled out of the mansion since we didn’t want to become a burden. She might explode if we stayed.

All of us entered the spacious white limousine, and bid good-bye to the mansion.

 

                       It’s my first time to go out to the city alone. I don’t go often there anyway, so I might have a hard time searching for Taec.

“So what’s the plan?” I questioned the thinking Changmin who had his hand on his chin.

Jeonhee took a paper bag out of nowhere and allowed him to speak, “Master Changmin? Why don’t you tell Ms. Yae Jin the plan?”

“Since we have your bodyguards following your every move, you have to pretend you’re Jeonhee while she will pretend to be you.” He answered.

I pursed my lips, “How can we do that, her hair is shorter than mine?”

 

“That is why we have wigs.” Jeonhee brought it out. I gave him an unsure look, “So, you’re going to let me wear a wig?”

He nodded and winked at me. I surprisingly cringed.

 

“We will also switch clothes Ms. Yae Jin.” She added. I knotted my eyebrows and in an unobvious way, pointed to Changmin. Jeonhee got my message and smirked.

“Master Changmin, is it possible if you get out of the car so we could change?” she politely asked.

He had a straight face on, “But the car is moving and the bodyguards of Yae Jin might get wary…” He tried to find excuses.

We both raised our eyebrow at him. In return he covered half of his face with his hands, aiming at the view out the window, “I won’t peek.”

 

“Master?” his assistant slightly begged, “There’s a telephone booth over by that convenient store, you could pretend to call someone just to give us time to switch clothes.”

He answered back, “I won’t do that, I have a cell phone. Why do I have to call old school?” ending it with a sarcastic query.

“Master you’ll just pretend to use the booth.” She was persistent.

 

He clicked his tongue and finally agreed. He would only come back in the car when Jeonhee rolls the window half way down.

 

Changmin ordered the driver to stop right in front of the telephone booth, and stepped out immediately. He ‘badly’ acted his task.

I hope the bodyguards won’t get suspicious.

 

We quickly changed into each other’s attire’s and wore our designated wigs. Jeonhee did the signal and Changmin came rushing back in the car, “Thank god you girls are done! If you only knew how cold it was outside.”

 

Jeonhee and I glanced at each other and giggled in unison.

 

Silence came afterwards.

 

Until his driver broke the ice, “Master we are here.” He announced.

My heart began racing. This is it; I would see Taecyeon, after such a long time.

My former assistant held my hands, “Good luck Ms. Yae Jin. I know you’ll find him.”

“Hey, Yae Jin. Please don’t disappoint me.” Changmin stated, scaring and motivating me at the same time.

I breathe in deeply and subtly hopped of the limousine. I gently closed the door and gaped at the car behind. They were observing my every move, but calmed down a few seconds later, thinking I was Jeonhee. The vehicle drove off to the main street still being followed by my bodyguards. I left my spot when the two cars disappeared right before me. I rubbed my leather gloves to produce temporary heat and slapped them on my cheeks.

 

Changmin was right. It is really cold out here.

 

I clasped my shivering palms together and I began walking towards the said street of never-ending apartment houses.

I gazed up and saw gray clouds hovering above the sky. I better start before it rains.

 

“You can do this Han Yae Jin.” I muttered all to myself.

[to be continued in next chapter]<