Nothing Wrong

Tending the Roses

"Hey Yoona, who do you like?"

"A guy."

"What kind of guy?"

"A nice guy."

"Is his name Taecyeon?"

"Sooyoung, don't even bother with me. Are you still asking me if I like Taecyeon? I already told you no, and don't think that he has feelings for me, either. We're both just really good friends, okay? No need to get jealous."

Yoona's friend let out a cute whine. "Aw, but you just have to say you like him! I can read you better than you can read yourself."

"That's almost impossible. Now, can you step away? I need to go and copy the notes on the board," Yoona whispered, shooting her a glare. Sooyoung rolled her eyes and turned around, lowering her head so that Yoona would be able to see the board in front of them. Yoona tiredly blew her bangs to the side, ocassionally glancing up, then back down to her notes.

Though it was kind of strange. For some reason, she kind of wanted Sooyoung to push the topic. She kind of wanted to talk about Taecyeon, and brag about her close friendship with him as if it was the most unique thing in the world. The skinny girl quickly shook her head and stared down at her notebook.

No! she shouted in her mind. No, you are not going to think like that ever again! Taecyeon is just a friend, and your friends are just being annoying. Focus, Yoona! Focus!

"...Yoona? Im Yoona!"

"Huh?" She looked up and saw Taecyeon standing in front of her. Her eyes widened, believing that she was imagining Taecyeon standing in her classroom. She pushed her chair back a bit, letting a cacaphony noise disturb the room. "W-Why... W-Why are you here--"

"Break just started, duh. What are you copying?" he asked, looking down at her notebook. Before she was able to say anything, Sooyoung jumped right in front of him and grinned.

"Taecyeon, who do you like?" Sooyoung asked.

The fellow blinked his eyes. "Uh, what?"

"Don't you have a crush on someone by now?"

"No, not exactly--"

"You're lying! Yoona, he's lying, right?"

Taecyeon shot her a glare. "Can you just stop--"

"I'm curious, too," Changmin, who appeared out of nowhere, added. He walked towards the group and rested his elbow against Sooyoung's shoulder. The tall girl flushed her cheeks, turning as red as an apple. "Who do you like, Taecyeon?"

Yoona squinted her eyes for a moment. Although she was interested in hearing Taecyeon's answer, she couldn't help but notice the silver ring that glimmered around his finger. Then, the same bright light her eyes once more, and she looked down to Sooyoung's hand. At that moment, Yoona gasped loudly and pointed at the two similar rings on Sooyoung's and Changmin's fingers.

"Wait, Sooyoung! Are you dating Changmin?" Yoona asked, grabbing ahold of Sooyoung's wrist. Sooyoung opened her lips to answer her friend, but she only turned red and shy. Taecyeon raised his eyebrows and stared at Changmin, who nervously looked away and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Hold up, bro. You're dating Sooyoung? Since when?" Taecyeon asked.

"W-We went out two weeks ago... We kind of bumped each other during summer vacation while you guys went camping," Changmin answered in a low voice.

"I-I was going to tell you, Yoona! I swear, I was, but I was just really happy, so I forgot," Sooyoung stammered, feeling a bit guilty.

Yoona smiled at them, while Taecyeon continued to tease the new couple. She looked at how close the two suddenly were, and became envious when they seemed to be closer than her own relaionhsip with Taecyeon. Abruptly, she began to feel funny inside. Her heart kind of ached, but not at the sight of Changmin being close with Sooyoung. Instead, whenever she saw Taecyeon touched Sooyoung's shoulder while explaining all of Changmin's embarrassing secrets, something tugged her heart.

The smile was immediately replaced with an odd frown. Why was he touching her? When were they so close to each other? If Yoona didn't have some self-control over herself, she was sure that she would've slapped Taecyeon's hand away from her friend.

"Yoona? You okay?" Taecyeon finally asked her, reaching over to touch her forehead. When she saw his hand approach her, she suddenly looked away. Her long hair accidentally smacked away his rough hand, leaving him confused.

"Uh... Y-Yeah! I'm fine. I just need to go to the... bathroom!" Yoona exclaimed. She stood up, straightened her skirt, then ran off to the nearest girl's bathroom. Taecyeon looked out the door, wondering if he had done something wrong. Sooyoung and Changmin exchanged obvious looks, giggling and grinning ear-to-ear.

"Do you guys know what's wrong with Yoona?" Taecyeon asked, turning back to his friends.

Changmin only patted his back in comfort. He walked away with Sooyoung in his arms, making Taecyeon stay alone in the classroom. Taecyeon paused for a few more seconds, then shoved his hands in his pocket while pouting.

It's not like I did anything wrong, right? he wondered.