Chapter 2

Travel Diaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I found the Professional Ballet Department after walking for half an hour. My leg seriously hurts and I'm panting like crazy right now. Anyway, I'm glad I'm here though. Now I should start taking deep breaths because in about 2 hours the auditions will be starting. 

I am desperate to get a scholarship because one, I want to prove myself and two, I want my dreams to come true. Nothing is better than dreams coming true. It's one of the best feelings in the world. There's a conflict for me though, dreams are hard to achieve when no one's supporting you. My parents never supported me and that means I'm alone. I'm the only one working hard for this dream. It's hard but I figured that I could never stop dreaming just because my parents don't like it. 

I went to a near bathroom and changed. I wore my pink ballet shoes, pink tights, black leotard and a white ballet skirt.  Then, I tied my hair into a high neat bun. I put on light make-up to make me look more presentable and put a smile on my face. 

"You can do this. Fighting!" I said to myself.

 

When I got out of the bathroom, I noticed that a lot of people were coming already. This shouldn't discouraged me. They're just other ballet dancers and I haven't seen them dance but whatever. I have my own techniques and my talent is different from theirs.

"Goodmorning girls! We are now allowing everyone to go inside so you could do some stretching before your performance. Please fall in line in front of the table just beside the the door on your right and sign in your name and age. Thank you and goodluck."

I took a deep breath and walked towards the line.

When i was waiting for my turn to sign in though, I heard murmuring behind me. I checked it out and saw a group of girls looking and laughing at me. I don't know why but I don't find any reason why they had to to do that. I guess I just found my opponents.

I tried ignoring them but after a few minutes, they started to laugh again and this time louder. I looked behind me again and saw them laughing continuously. One specific girl, glared at me like I was a fish to fry. And then, she started walking towards me.

"Hi." She said, looking at me from head to toe.

"Uhh. Hi." I replied, doing the same thing she did.

"I guess you're not from around here." She said looking at the huge luggage I have with me.

"You're right, I'm not. What's your point?" 

"Oh nothing. Anyway, I'm Ara."

"Yi Soo." And then we shook hands.

"Goodluck." She sounded threatening.

"You too. Break a leg." She walked away. "Break a leg, literally." I muttered when she was gone. I don't know what the heck was her problem. Maybe I looked like a threat to her. Ugh. So much for my first day here in Seoul.

"Next please!"

It's my turn to sign in.

 

We had to wait for our names to be called so while waiting, I did my stretching and practiced a bit of the choreography I made for my audition. I worked hard for this before I came to Seoul and I had to practice somewhere private in Busan. I usually go to an empty park or go to a friend's house. It was so hard especially when my parents where becoming suspicious of my usual absence at home. 

"Oh . I can't believe this is happening!" I heard a girl not too far say. "Why'd it have to be today?! Ugh." She sounded so down and irritated. I wanted to help her but I don't know what exactly happened. 

I decided to go and approach her since there's no harm in asking anyway.

"Uhh. Hi. Are you okay?" She looked at me with a troubled expression and didn't answer. "Can I be of any help?" I asked offering myself.

"My pink tights has a hole and today is audition day and I don't have any spare."

"I have some you could borrow. I mean, I brought every pair I have because I just came from Busan. I can lend them to you if you want."

"You'd do that?"

"Yeah. Come on."

 

Because of that one good deed, I made a friend in an instant. Her name's Sun Ye. She's from Seoul and she won a couple of ballet contests before. Her mom was a ballet dancer too and she learned a lot from her. 

"Thanks for saving me today. I really owe you a lot." She said, hugging me tightly. 

"No problem. Umm. We should go back because our names might be called already."

"You're right. Thanks again! Come on."

 

As soon as we got back inside the room, a girl's name was called.

"Yoon Ara- sshi. You're next." That name is very familiar. Oh yeah. The mean girl from before.

She stood up with a lot of confidence and smiled like she owns the world. When she saw me and Sun Ye, she gave us a mean stare.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter