Chapter 3

Travel Diaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I waited for Sun Ye to come back inside here in her room. I decided to sit on her bed first while playing Minion Rush with my phone. I'm totally addicted to  this game. It's cute. 

I've scored 30,000 everytime I played the game and I've been playing for 10 times already but Sun Ye's still not coming back. 

I decided to play again but when I was about to repeat the game for the 11th time, someone knocked on my door.

The door opened, revealing Kai in a white shirt and sweat pants.

"Can you come with me for a second?" He asked. I didn't want to be rude because I'm staying here inside their house so I decided to go with Kai,

'Uhh. Sure." I stood up from my bed and followed him outside.

"I need your help. Uhh, I need a dancer's opinion with the song I'm going to be using for my practical exam next week. I'm enrolled in a dance class." W-wait. He dances? Hmm. Maybe that's why he was so interested to talk to me at the airport.

"What kind of dance do you do?"

"Hmm. Do you want me to tell you or show you?" He said that with lots and lots of confidence. It made me feel a bit intimidated.

"Show me then." 

"If you say so." Kai opened a room and it was big and full of mirrors. I didn't realize it was a dance room until I saw the mirrors. It was jaw dropping to see that they have their own dance practice room. I mean, how many people have this kind of room inside their houses? 

"Wow. You guys are really family of dancers huh?" I said, totally wowed.

"I guess you can say that." Kai stood at the center of the room. "Could you play the music for me? The stereo's behind you." He said politely. 

"Sure. Tell me when you're ready."

Kai did a few stretching and limbering to prepare himself for his demo dance for me.

He gave me half a smile. It was totally different from the smile at the plane. This smile is full of pride.

"Go ahead and press play."

I pressed play. Kai stood readily for the music and as soon as it played, he danced so gracefully and synced with the music. It was if, I wasn't inside the room with him. He was inside his own world. It was just him and his music. I admired him instantly.

"So, what do you think?"

I couldn't answer at first.

"Uhh. You're good." Kai cocked his head, rolled his eyes and walked towards me.

"Just good?" He asked, crossing his arms. 

"Is the word 'good' not enough for you?"

"No." He answered so straightforwardly.

He snickered at me and started walking around me repeatedly whi le looking at me from head to toe.

"What are you doing?" I asked. I was feeling uncomfortable with what he was doing that's why.

 "Have you ever tried dancing with a partner before?"

A partner? Well, I've never done that. I always danced solo. Always.

"No. Your point is?" 

"My point is - " He paused and stood up in front of me. "I want to try dancing with you." I gulped. This is too fast. I mean, I just got here and some random guy is asking me to danc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter